chrysostom’s 2014 annual awards

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
she not only avoided the feminist question with 67 posts
but
also concluded that I was a feminist based on my answers to her clever questions

You never really ask questions ... you make statements in a question format even though you have already decided on the person's answer.

Taking the time to give an honest and detailed answer to you is a waste of time.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
she not only avoided the feminist question with 67 posts

Avoided it like this:

Okay, well, I have stuff to do. Let me know if you get around to defining your term and then I'll answer your question.

but
also concluded that I was a feminist based on my answers to her clever questions
You said women should have the right to vote so...
First-wave feminism refers to a period of feminist activity during the 19th and early 20th century throughout the world, particularly in the United Kingdom, Canada, the Netherlands and the United States. It focused on legal disabilities, primarily on gaining women's suffrage (the right to vote).
.. do you take it back?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Avoided it like this:

You said women should have the right to vote so...
First-wave feminism refers to a period of feminist activity during the 19th and early 20th century throughout the world, particularly in the United Kingdom, Canada, the Netherlands and the United States. It focused on legal disabilities, primarily on gaining women's suffrage (the right to vote).
.. do you take it back?

so which wave are you?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
so which wave are you?

I select and reject feminist ideals according to my own views all the way into the third wave, and follow these general ideas:

We're not doing feminism the same way that the seventies feminists did it; being liberated doesn't mean copying what came before but finding one's own way-- a way that is genuine to one's own generation.

Whether the young women who refuse the feminist label realize it or not, on some level they recognize that an ideal woman born of prevalent notions of how empowered women look, act, or think is simply another impossible contrivance of perfect womanhood, another scripted role to perform in the name of biology and virtue

So yes, I'm a feminist according to my own definition, which I won't give you since you wouldn't give yours.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I select and reject feminist ideals according to my own views all the way into the third wave, and follow these general ideas:

So yes, I'm a feminist according to my own definition, which I won't give you since you wouldn't give yours.

Well said ... and let's just remember, Chrys considers anyone a feminist who wishes to work outside the home and limit their family size even when the method used does not include abortion.

Chrys wants all women to stay at home. THAT is up to each family to decide for themselves.

He also does not believe women should vote which pretty much sums up the type of mindset that brought about feminism.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the fluff award for 2014

the fluff award for 2014

the fluff award for 2014

and the nominees are:

Totton Linnet
rainee
Arthur Brain
Psalmist
freelight

and the winner is

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
How clever of you.
Thin though. And if you're okay with answering I'll go this far to note:

Chrys Awards

2011: 1080 posts, 31,834 views, 29.5 per post view average.

2012: 1216 posts, 33,936 views, 27.9 per post view average.

2013: 2120 posts, 47,130 views, 22.2 per post view average.

2014: 993 posts, 13,531 views, 13.6 per post view average.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
thank you town for keeping track of my numbers
It was easy. I saw the totals on the And The Rest Page and they seemed low. Then I clicked on the total views on the section to see how they laid out, year by year. A quick mental bit of division and rounding. Took a minute. No need to thank me.

Did you know you tend to contribute around 22% of the posts to these? Except this year. It's about 32% so far. So at least your interest is up. :)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I know the thrill is gone
it is hard to keep it fresh and exciting
will try harder the next time

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I know the thrill is gone
it is hard to keep it fresh and exciting
will try harder the next time
Try more real humor, aim some of it at yourself and demonstrate that the harder awards aren't so obviously all about your enemies list, so to speak.