Christmas season

Lon

Ustedes saben que me gusta, incluso mejor que Santa Claus? Su ayudante: Peter negro. Hay un viejo cuento mexicano que dice cómo Santa Claus estaba tan ocupado mirando para los niños bueno tuve que contratar a ayudar a echar un vistazo a los chicos malos. Santa Claus le dio una lista con todos los nombres de todos los chicos malos. Y Peter vendría cada noche a hacer el check out. Y la gente, los niños, a quienes se portan mal, que no sus oraciones, Pedro dejaría un pequeño burro juguete en sus ventanas, un poco "burro". Y si los niños siguen comportándose mal, Pedro les llevaría lejos de ellos y jamás nadie lo haría otra vez.

Merry Christmas
For me and my English-constricted compadre's (friends):

You know what [story] I like even better than Santa Claus? His assistant : Peter Negro (Black Pete) . There is an old Mexican tale that tells how Santa Claus was so busy looking for good children that he had to hire help to take a look at the [misbehaving children]. Santa Claus gave him a list with all the names of all the [misbehaving children]. And Peter would come every night to [see which children were misbehaving on the list]. The children who he saw that were misbehaving, ad not saying their prayers , Pedro would leave a little toy donkey on their windows. But when they saw the donkey, Peter [Pedro] would take the gifts away, and the children who misbehaved, would never see that toy again[?].

feliz navidad
Hope I got most of that right. It raised my curiosity. -Lon

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK, how many did the village thing for a while?

Christmas%2036_zpsnup2gwe0.jpg

Reactions: Lon

LoneStar

Gift bag scavenger hunt for the kids.

Place a bill (money) in small gift bags and hide around the house. Place a piece of paper with a clue on it where a gift bag is hidden and place the clues in a jar. (Clue: I make clothes warm and dry. >>>> Answer would be in the clothes dryer.)
Each kid draws 5 clues to find 5 bags with money, one at a time. Once they have found all their gift bags, they can spend the money on anything they want.
Fun to watch, and the kids have a blast.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
We bought the ham today, cookie dough, pies and noodles etc. Our Christmas feast is ham with mostaccioli, potato salad, pickles, olives, deviled eggs and celery cream cheese, and a cheese tray for appetizers.

Growing up we would celebrate with one family Christmas Eve and the other Christmas day. This year we're cooking on Christmas Eve and leftovers on Christmas Day. I can't wait !!