Christmas season

Lon

Sorry i wasn't trying to pick a fight. I was just curious as its not Christian in origin so was just curious as to why some Christians celebrate it.
Even a Jew can celebrate Christmas. They are looking for a Messiah too.

A lemon-sucker sour-pus has got to be the loneliest Christmas season observance. Christmas has always transcended most conflict and thus it is a celebration of what will be when war and strife cease, if only in wishful thinking, for some. One day a year to drop your guard is no poor idea. Of course we have to be vigilant, but celebrating the day, for whatever reason you choose, isn't a bad observance. The naysaying is actually the odd thing to me. "Peace on earth, goodwill toward all men." The angels said it. It was a Holy night.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Even a Jew can celebrate Christmas. They are looking for a Messiah too.

A lemon-sucker sour-pus has got to be the loneliest Christmas season observance. Christmas has always transcended most conflict and thus it is a celebration of what will be when war and strife cease, if only in wishful thinking, for some. One day a year to drop your guard is no poor idea. Of course we have to be vigilant, but celebrating the day, for whatever reason you choose, isn't a bad observance. The naysaying is actually the odd thing to me. "Peace on earth, goodwill toward all men." The angels said it. It was a Holy night.

I've gotten into watching movies that I saw years or even decades ago. In the coming days I'm watching It's A Wonderful Life and Miracle On 34th St in their entirety. I like seeing a familiar movie at different stages of my life, it gives new perspectives. I'm also going to watch the 1964 classic Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer for fun.

View attachment 21090

Reactions: Lon

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will never quite understand your needless aggression and need for confrontation.

There was no aggression, there was a reply to your atheistic comment in a Christmas thread. I did however make the mistake of giving you the benefit of the doubt. That won't happen twice. If you can show it, we are waiting. Otherwise, I ask all of his posts go to the spammers wasteland where they belong.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
christmas%204_zpsxf7fgmad.jpg

Quetzal

There was no aggression, there was a reply to your atheistic comment in a Christmas thread. I did however make the mistake of giving you the benefit of the doubt. That won't happen twice. If you can show it, we are waiting. Otherwise, I ask all of his posts go to the spammers wasteland where they belong.
If you think reporting/petitioning to have my posts would make your life better, go for it. In the meantime, Merry Christmas. :D