ChristianForums banned Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Turbo said:
Some of their rules are quoted in the opening post. You could also go to the site and read them for yourself. If you're going to contribute to this thread, it might be good to know what we're talking about.
:rotfl: Classic smack!

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Silk Queen said:
Well don't have to go to christian Forums to find them.
There are more than enough here. :shocked:
Of course!

But here, we don't get ban those who call them out openly and directly.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
godrulz,

Over here you said to logos_x...
godrulz said:
Thank you our resident Christian universalist. This is a serious heresy. Things got so bad at CARM forums with universalists that they are now banned.
This post, had it been made at ChristianForums, could have gotten you banned.

ChristianForums.com RULES state...
You will not directly call another member or his or her religious organization a “cult”, “heretic”, “demonic” or “satanic” but you may discuss doctrines, teachings, practices or writings of other religious organizations as long as empirical evidence is provided..

no avatar

Turbo said:
godrulz,

Over here you said to logos_x...
This post, had it been made at ChristianForums, could have gotten you banned.

ChristianForums.com RULES state...
buzz ................................................. you lose!

You cannot call someone (or their religious organization) a heretic, but you can call a false belief a heresy.

logos_x

While I obviously don't agree with godrulz, I appreciate his ability to say it at TOL. And I expect to see it...I am, after all, not presenting the current popular tradition that is the magority opinion, and has become the plausibilty structure of many denominations of the church.
That TOL allows and even encourages this kind of interchange is exactly the way things should be.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you can call a heresy a heresy, but you can't call a heretic a heretic.

So you can call a heresy a heresy, but you can't call a heretic a heretic.

no avatar said:

You cannot call someone (or their religious organization a heretic), but you can call a false belief a heresy.
Hey genius, a heretic is one who believes, teaches, or promotes heresy. So to tell someone that they believe and are teaching heresy is to call them a heretic.

Your attempt to separate the two, and to say that one is acceptable and the other isn't, is a form of legalism.

But of course I'm in no way suggesting that you are a legalist ;)

That said, I wonder whether the CF admins and mods acknowledge that saying "you are teaching heresy" is exactly the same as saying "you are a heretic," or if they try to split hairs the way you do. :think:

no avatar

Turbo said:
Hey genius, a heretic is one who believes, teaches, or promotes heresy. So to tell someone that they believe and are teaching heresy is to call them a heretic.

Your attempt to separate the two, and to say that one is acceptable and the other isn't, is a form of legalism.

But of course I'm in no way suggesting that you are a legalist ;)

That said, I wonder whether the CF admins and mods acknowledge that saying "you are teaching heresy" is exactly the same as saying "you are a heretic," or if they try to split hairs the way you do. :think:
There are really many different answers I could give to this post ............................... but I think I'll go with this one. Calling someone a heretic is flaming, but pointing out that something is a heresy, and backing it up with evidence is teaching. :cool:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
no avatar said:

You cannot call someone (or their religious organization) a heretic, but you can call a false belief a heresy.

heretic: A person who holds controversial opinions, especially one who publicly dissents from the officially accepted dogma of the Roman Catholic Church.

heresy: An opinion or a doctrine at variance with established religious beliefs, especially dissension from or denial of Roman Catholic dogma by a professed believer or baptized church member.

Wouldn't a person who believes in/promotes a heresy be a heretic? What's worse? Being a heretic or calling a heretic a heretic?

..oh...and welcome to TOL :)

logos_x

Nineveh said:
heretic: A person who holds controversial opinions, especially one who publicly dissents from the officially accepted dogma of the Roman Catholic Church.

heresy: An opinion or a doctrine at variance with established religious beliefs, especially dissension from or denial of Roman Catholic dogma by a professed believer or baptized church member.

Wouldn't a person who believes in/promotes a heresy be a heretic? What's worse? Being a heretic or calling a heretic a heretic?

..oh...and welcome to TOL :)

How much RC dogma do you hold to?

logos_x

no avatar said:
There are really many different answers I could give to this post ............................... but I think I'll go with this one. Calling someone a heretic is flaming, but pointing out that something is a heresy, and backing it up with evidence is teaching. :cool:

Yeah.
This is why being called a heretic shouldn't be all that troublesome...

Skipper

That post at Christianforums.com let me know about this site.

Looks like your advertising campaign worked, I signed up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.