Christian Persecutions

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think your questions are good and they show what false teachers and false doctrines have done to many people. People are taught that obeying in any way is impossible, filthy, and wrong. Some separate Jesus from the old law and separate Paul from Jesus. As if Paul taught their strange doctrine of believe and you can't obey anything, or as the Calvinists teach that we cannot even believe without a special enabling from God. Peter and James rebuke this strange don't obey misunderstanding about Paul, and they call people ignorant, uneducated, and fools. See all of 2 Peter Chapter 3, and especially 2 Peter 3:16, and 17. After Peter calls people uneducated and ignorant, he warns us to obey. James says it is foolish to think we only have to believe. James says faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone. See James 2:14, 17, 19, 22, 24, and 29.
Common sense escapes them and they cannot be reasoned with about their misunderstanding.

The old law was strict and the people had to clean themselves so that God would live among them and call them His people. Some people would only obey out of fear of God; and others obeyed God out of fear and also out of faith. God did not like it that the people would give sin offerings but not really be sorry for their sins. God said that He would make a New Covenant one day and that He would clean the people.

Jesus came to give that New Covenant. Jesus gave the rules and regulations for the New Covenant, and then like the lambs that had their blood shed to clean the people, Jesus was the last Lamb, to clean people of their sins, once and for all.

The Apostles preached and taught Jesus to the Jews, and Gentiles, and then Paul was brought in to the ministry and the Jews didn't trust Paul, because he had Christian Jews, men and women dragged out of their homes and put in prison to be tortured and killed. So Jesus sent Paul far away to the Gentiles.

The Bible never ever tells us that we no longer have to obey God. The 'not of works' is about not working at cleaning ourselves as once was the law. Jesus cleans us now. We still have to obey. We come to God though Jesus and ask God to forgive us through Jesus. We repent of our sins and call on Jesus to help us. Jesus gives us his Holy Spirit to help us.

I can say that I do not agree with you. I have a problem with the following.

You said,

Jesus was not last Lamb

and

The 'not of works' is about not working at cleaning ourselves as once was the law. Jesus cleans us now.

You did correct the first of these.

As for the second I do not know what you are combatting but it makes sense to me to only speak what I know to be true. This is in teaching. Addressing false doctrines is also something a teacher might do. There are different kinds of teachers. But, or, however, being taught the truth is much desired, more so than being taught lies or what lies or the lies are that are out there. A difficulty might be if you have been taught a lie but no one ever explained to you how it was wrong.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

People are taught that obeying in any way is impossible, filthy, and wrong.

What kind of a sicko LYING HYPOCRITE are you to make such a charge? :execute:

Go spread you sulphur breath somewhere else instead of blowing your stench onto an innocent like Jacob.

Matt. 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

God's Truth

What kind of a sicko LYING HYPOCRITE are you to make such a charge? :execute:

You are the one who condemns me for saying I obeyed to be saved.

Jesus says to humble yourself and repent of your sins.

Go spread you sulphur breath somewhere else instead of blowing your stench onto an innocent like Jacob.

You mean like this:

Revelation 11:5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die.
Matt. 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

The Pharisees didn't repent of their sins. You preach we don't have to either. The Pharisees didn't believe in Jesus, you preach that what he said was only to Jews not Gentiles. You are exactly like the Pharisees.

Robert Pate

Banned
No, you hate the Lord Jesus Christ, as you, on record, assert that he did not die for our sins, died in vain.

Pate argues that the solution to the sins issue, is not Christ dying for our sins, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, to blot out/wipe out/pay for the sin debt, "man's IOU" for breaking the good, holy, spiritual law of God, per Paul, in Romans 7, which Paul asserts is not void, as the problem is not with man, but with the God's law, as he asserts that it is not good, not holy, not spiritual, as it is the law, that is contrary/against us, not the sin debt/IOU that is contrary to/against us; Pate denies that the sin debt/IOU is contrary/ against us, as He asserts that God's laws against murder, lying, rape, sodomy, theft, adultery,......................................are contrary/against us, are not for our benefit, are not good, not holy, not spiritual; His "solution" is for the LORD God to destroy/abolish/make void the law, so there is o offense to break, not Christ dying for our sins, He paying the debt/IOU for us, in our place..

Thus, Pate, on record, asserts that Christ died in vain, there was no reason to die, as He did not need to die to pay our IOU/sin debt, as all the LORD God had to do, was destroy/abolish/make void/eliminate the law, so there would not be a sin debt/IOU., Thus, he then,like the devil attempts to ...

Delete "the handwriting of ordinances" of Colossians 2:14 KJV, replacing it with "law/ordinances," thus perverting, corrupting the scriptures, making it look like Paul says that Christ blotted out, made void, the law/ordinances, making it look like Paul is saying that the law/ordinances are contrary/against us, not for our benefit, instead of Paul saying that the sin debt/IOU was blotted out, as that is what is contrary to us, against us, as Paul asserts that the law is good, holy, spiritual, not void, in Romans 11, and the problem is with man, and the sin debt/IOU for breaking a good, holy, spiritual law, not the law itself.

Pate says the opposite, asserting that the problem is with the law, as it is not good/holy/spiritual, and the problem is not with man, and he asserts that the solution is to assert that Christ came to destroy/abolish/blot out the law, not to die for man's breaking the good, holy, spiritual, law of God.

The "secular" example of Pate's "reasoning::

Pate gets a speeding ticket. He goes to court, and, in front of the judge...

Pate:Judge, I demand that you abolish/destroy the law against speeding. It is not a good law, because I/others cannot keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This law is not for my benefit, or society's-it is contrary to/against me/society!!!!!!!!!! Abolish it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And, if you do not abolish it, it automatically condemns me, judges me, as guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The judge: No, the laws are good, and are for everyone's benefit, including yours. They are not against you, are not contrary to you, they are not against society, they are not contrary to society, -they stand. The problem is with you/others breaking these good laws, and the debt you/others must pay for these offenses(sins) you committed. That is what is contrary to/against you/others. Pay the fine. The law cannot condemn you, just because it is in place.

Pate: No!!!!! Abolish the law!!!!!!!

The judge: Either pay the fine, or go to jail-the law stands.

Pate: No!!!!The laws are not good-they are the problem, not me!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Tell you what, Pate. Someone just paid your fine/debt/IOU(sin, offense, transgression) on your behalf. Justice is served. You are free to go(Christ died for our sins....paying the sin debt, IOU)

Pate: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That person need not have paid my fine/debt!!!!!(Christ need not die to pay the sin debt/IOU). The solution is to abolish, destroy, make void, the laws against speeding(fill in the blank), so that we will not have to "do" these laws, obey them, and the solution is not the fine being satisfied(Christ-propitiation)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benevolent, gracious judge: Lock up this man for dementia, contempt of court, lunacy-put him in a straight jacket.

And now, in wickedness, attempt to delete Genesis-Malachi. You will lose, demon:

Matthew 24:35 KJV Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

1 Peter KJV
25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

If you need the law it is because you are lawless and disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

The righteous man does not need laws and rules because he is under grace, NOT law, Romans 6:14.

glorydaz

If you need the law it is because you are lawless and disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

The righteous man does not need laws and rules because he is under grace, NOT law, Romans 6:14.

Just don't need those schools for anything, right, Robert?

You done graduated, so that's all that matters. :chew:

How can you preach, "All men sin" if there is no longer a law you can point to?

God's Truth

The righteous man obeys God and uses the old law to rebuke the lawless and disobedient.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Y'all be nice.

Cause that's what a lot of folks twist the gospel of grace into 'which guys are acting the nicest?'.
Whoever is the nicest is the bestest Christian!

Well, as Paul would say ..... "it's dung".

Wanna know why the BOC is not divided?
Because our works are not included in why we are a unit to begin with!
None of us can say we are above or below any of the others.
And thus, none of us can say that our works are 'nicer', because, again, our works are not why we are in the BOC.

I hear Buddah was a nice guy.

God's Truth

Yep, that's called "works salvation", and it's certainly not a Gift.

BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.

Salvation....."not of yourselves, lest any should boast."

God gives the gift of the Holy Spirit to His Children.

His children are those who obey.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep, thanks for proving, once again, that you are NOT saved. :thumb:

Salvation is a GIFT from God and you claim you have to earn it. Horrible.
Yep, she always relies on the righteousness and obedience of the wrong one.

Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

We keep telling her that one ain't her.
But she will have none of that!
No siree, she wants her righteousness and obedience in there!

God's Truth

Y'all be nice.

Cause that's what a lot of folks twist the gospel of grace into 'which guys are acting the nicest?'.

Wanna know why the BOC is not divided?
Because our works are not included in why we are a unit to begin with!
None of us can say we are above or below any of the others.
And thus, none of us can say that our works are 'nicer', because, again, our works are not why we are in the BOC.

I hear Buddah was a nice guy.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

2 Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.

lol

More...

1 Corinthians 11:31
But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2 Thessalonians 3:6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

lol
Are you obeying that?
Let's watch and see.

God's Truth

Y'all be nice.

Paul did not EVER say it was dung to obey.

glorydaz

Yep, she always relies on the righteousness and obedience of the wrong one.

Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.​

We keep telling her that one ain't her.
But she will have none of that!
No siree, she wants her righteousness and obedience in there!

I'm sure you given her that exact same verse and information more than a hundred times, and she will not give up her boasting in her own obedience. That is not a faith that saves. Saving faith MUST be in Jesus Christ and not in SELF.