cheap salvation

glorydaz

There was nothing cheap about salvation, God gave His only Son Jesus Christ as a ransom for the sin of the world, that wasn't cheap...Where you have it wrong (as per usual) is that you believe it is your work, your failed attempts at keeping commands, as well as your self righteous belief that you honor Jesus in thought, word, & deed at all times...you can't, you don't, and no person living in this flesh has but Christ. What you have missed meshak is that it is work of Christ alone, and His unwavering honor to the Father is where salvation lies, not in your works...but His. :nono:

Good post. :thumb:

brewmama

There was nothing cheap about salvation, God gave His only Son Jesus Christ as a ransom for the sin of the world, that wasn't cheap...Where you have it wrong (as per usual) is that you believe it is your work, your failed attempts at keeping commands, as well as your self righteous belief that you honor Jesus in thought, word, & deed at all times...you can't, you don't, and no person living in this flesh has but Christ. What you have missed meshak is that it is work of Christ alone, and His unwavering honor to the Father is where salvation lies, not in your works...but His. :nono:

It's interesting how you guys transpose the meaning of cheap grace around to make it mean the opposite of what it means...Is it intentional, and therefore deceitful? Or just out of ignorance? No one is saying that what Christ did was cheap, but that you give nothing in return. You are cheap.

Do you despise Dietrich Bonhoeffer, who coined the phrase? According to Bonhoeffer, cheap grace is the preaching of forgiveness without requiring repentance, baptism without church discipline. Communion without confession. Cheap grace is grace without discipleship, grace without the cross, grace without Jesus Christ. "Our humanitarian sentiment made us give that which was holy to the scornful and unbelieving... But the call to follow Jesus in the narrow way was hardly ever heard."
Cheap grace, Bonhoeffer says, is to hear the gospel preached as follows: "Of course you have sinned, but now everything is forgiven, so you can stay as you are and enjoy the consolations of forgiveness." (Hmm, sounds familiar). The main defect of such a proclamation is that it contains no demand for discipleship. In contrast to cheap grace,"costly grace confronts us as a gracious call to follow Jesus, it comes as a word of forgiveness to the broken spirit and the contrite heart. It is costly because it compels a man to submit to the yoke of Christ and follow him; it is grace because Jesus says: "My yoke is easy and my burden is light." "

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
how do you tell the good guys from the bad guys?

works of the flesh

you don't get to judge yourself
but
you do get to show
that
you are in control of your flesh

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
how do you tell the good guys from the bad guys?

works of the flesh

you don't get to judge yourself
but
you do get to show
that
you are in control of your flesh

Well, the good guys are those who have heard the "True Gospel"
and placed their faith in Christ as their Savior. The bad guys trust
in themselves and their religion. (Church)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus gave us all kinds of commands for His followers to follow.

So many Christians don't seem to appreciate those.

God's grace is not for us to be selfish and continue in on with our wicked ways.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was sent to the whole world to offer God's kingdom, not just for Jewish people.

that is gospel and good news.

Jesus was not sent to give us permission to go on with our wicked ways.

lifeisgood

You are twiding my word and putting into my mouth.

I am only emphasizing to be being faithful to Jesus is the core of salvation, which many churches changing into cheap salvation by adding "your works cannot save you" doctrine.

You don't even realize how absurd that is since Jesus is Lord and He says to be faithful to Him until the end. It is not about me, It is about His word.

He sure approves of His followers striving to be faithful to Him.

They are right, YOUR works CANNOT save you.
Jesus' WORK CAN.

You are not doing the works He wants you to do.
You are working to get saved.
He already did all the work that needed to be done for you to be saved.

Let Him save you and then obey the works He has prepared specifically for meshak to do.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
They are right, YOUR works CANNOT save you.
Jesus' WORK CAN.

why do you continually disregard Jesus' word?

Jesus says to obey Him.

You ought to prays God for faithful ones faithfulness to Jesus, instead of putting them down by saying their works cannot save them..

BTW, don't put the words into my mouth. I did not say my works can save me. It is not about me, it is about His Word.

lifeisgood

why do you continually disregard Jesus' word?

Jesus says to obey Him.

You ought to prays God for faithful ones faithfulness to Jesus, instead of putting them down by saying their works cannot save them..

BTW, don't put the words into my mouth. I did not say my works can save me. It is not about me, it is about His Word.

You CANNOT obey Him if you are NOT His.

And you CAN only be His when you OBEY Him by coming to Him and letting Him save you.

HIS FINISHED WORK on the Cross of Calvary is the ONLY work that is accepted.

You, meshak, have said so many times how much you work because others preach 'cheap' salvation. Oh, yeah, it is in this thread.

Ben Masada

Jesus was sent to the whole world to offer God's kingdom, not just for Jewish people.

that is gospel and good news.

Jesus was not sent to give us permission to go on with our wicked ways.

If indeed Jesus was sent to the whole world with the kingdom of salvation, how do you explain that he forbade his disciples to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles, especially the Samaritans? Kind of weird, don't you think so? That's in Mat. 10:5,6.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, I just said that YOU cannot OBEY Him if you are NOT His.

Thanks but I will not worry about it.

I have faith in Him that He approves of my evangelism spirit. If He does not I will not have passion for evangelism.

Do you know Jesus' last commission to His disciples?

You don't seem to esteem that commission much.

You cannot evangelize by doing nothing.