cheap salvation

meshak

BANNED
Banned
If indeed Jesus was sent to the whole world with the kingdom of salvation, how do you explain that he forbade his disciples to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles, especially the Samaritans? Kind of weird, don't you think so? That's in Mat. 10:5,6.

All Jesus said was He was sent to teach Jews first. Then gentiles.

lifeisgood

Thanks but I will not worry about it.

I have faith in Him that He approves of my evangelism spirit. If He does not I will not have passion for evangelism.

Do you know Jesus' last commission to His disciples?

You don't seem to esteem that commission much.

You cannot evangelize by doing nothing.

The JWs also have much passion for evangelism, but it is the wrong gospel they are evangelizing with and it is anathema unto the Lord.

IOW, they are wasting their time evangelizing because, just for started, they DENY the Deity of Jesus Christ; they DENY that He was crucified on a Cross, they DENY Jesus resurrected (You Can Live Forever on Paradise Earth, pp. 143-44), etc. So what good does the JWs evangelizing do to them or anybody else?

Evangelize with the correct Gospel:
Jesus the Christ is God.
Jesus the Christ came down to this lost, dying world to make a way for humanity agreeing with Him can get to God.
Jesus the Christ suffered, was spit upon, etc.
Jesus the Christ paid the price on the Cross of Calvary that man owed to God and can never pay no matter how much they work.
Jesus the Christ was buried.
Jesus the Christ resurrected as promised and sitting at the right hand of the Father.

It is ALL about Him and nothing about us at all.

lifeisgood

If indeed Jesus was sent to the whole world with the kingdom of salvation, how do you explain that he forbade his disciples to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles, especially the Samaritans? Kind of weird, don't you think so? That's in Mat. 10:5,6.

Not at all.

There was one thing that needed to be done BEFORE He finished His mission and another AFTER He completed His mission.

You cannot see the difference as you deny Him.

Ben Masada

All Jesus said was He was sent to teach Jews first. Then gentiles.

Would you please quote the text to see that Jesus was sent to teach the Jews FIRST, then Gentiles? What I have is that Jesus was sent but rather unto Israel. "But rather unto" means that he was sent ONLY to the lost Tribes of Israel. (Mat. 15:24)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Would you please quote the text to see that Jesus was sent to teach the Jews FIRST, then Gentiles? What I have is that Jesus was sent but rather unto Israel. "But rather unto" means that he was sent ONLY to the lost Tribes of Israel. (Mat. 15:24)

that's what Jesus said. and I don't question Him.

lifeisgood

Semantics, Ben Masada, as you well know that MOST interchange Israel/Jews when speaking of Israel or Jews, they are speaking of the same.

Ben Masada

Not at all.

There was one thing that needed to be done BEFORE He finished His mission and another AFTER He completed His mission.

You cannot see the difference as you deny Him.

What do you mean by "not at all!" Did you read the quote I gave you in Mat. 10:5,6? It seems to me that the only thing important for you is what you say about the same text we both speak. If things goes the way you want, there is no incentive to continue the discussion.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ben,

Jesus was sent to teach to the Jews but His followers were commissioned to preach to the whole world by Him.

lifeisgood

What do you mean by "not at all!" Did you read the quote I gave you in Mat. 10:5,6? It seems to me that the only thing important for you is what you say about the same text we both speak. If things goes the way you want, there is no incentive to continue the discussion.

Not at all.

What did you not understand from this:

You cannot see the difference as you continue to deny Him.

Ben Masada

Not at all.

What did you not understand from this:

You cannot see the difference as you continue to deny Him.

The difference between us is that I accept Jesus for what he really was; the son of Joseph and Mary from the city of Nazareth, while you accept him as a demigod, which is the son of a god with an earthly woman according to Mat. 1:18.

lifeisgood

The difference between us is that I accept Jesus for what he really was; the son of Joseph and Mary from the city of Nazareth, while you accept him as a demigod, which is the son of a god with an earthly woman according to Mat. 1:18.

You rejected your Messiah and chose and continue to choose Barabbas (Matthew 27:15-26) and that decision has cost you dearly. You only want the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, and reject the perfect sacrifice.

Ben Masada

In this instance I have to say she is right and you are totally on left field and totally wrong, even if meshak cannot explain it to you the way you want her to.

There is no such a thing as "the way I want it to be." My way is the Biblical way. Besides, there is no credibility in a discussion without quotations. Why should I be the only party quoting when I am the Jewish party and not the Christian one? That's an embarrassment for Christianity.

lifeisgood

There is no such a thing as "the way I want it to be." My way is the Biblical way. Besides, there is no credibility in a discussion without quotations. Why should I be the only party quoting when I am the Jewish party and not the Christian one? That's an embarrassment for Christianity.

Especially for one who denies Passover.

Whatever you insist on what you want it to mean, Prophet Jeremiah declared that the Lord never commanded that animal sacrifices be part of the religion of Israel as the Decalogue was the nucleus of the whole Law and the Prophets. (Jer. 7:22)

Maybe even deny Genesis 3:15?
Or
that G-d (as you put it) slaughtered an innocent animal to cover Adam and Eve's sin?

Ben Masada

You rejected your Messiah and chose and continue to choose Barabbas (Matthew 27:15-26) and that decision has cost you dearly. You only want the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, and reject the perfect sacrifice.

Why do you keep accusing us for the sins of Jews from 2,000 years ago? I wish every time you felt like doing that, you should read Jeremiah 31:30 and Ezekiel 18:20. We have nothing to do with the sins of our fathers. Besides, it would help reviewing the Scriptures for a change.

lifeisgood

Why do you keep accusing us for the sins of Jews from 2,000 years ago? I wish every time you felt like doing that, you should read Jeremiah 31:30 and Ezekiel 18:20. We have nothing to do with the sins of our fathers. Besides, it would help reviewing the Scriptures for a change.

Do you or do you not reject Jesus the Christ as the Messiah of Israel as your forefathers did?

lifeisgood

When Thomas Whitelaw wrote about the crowd’s choice of Barabbas over Jesus, he mentioned seven words that summarize that momentous event:

1. It was popular but the popular choice is often wrong.
2. It was frenzied. “When passion rules, judgment dies.”
3. It was criminal to prefer a murderer over the Prince of Life.
4. It was foolish to choose an enemy and reject a friend like Jesus.
5. It was fatal in that it guaranteed judgment to the nation.
6. It was predicted in Isaiah 53:3.
7. It was overruled by God to bring salvation to the world.