ECT CATHOLIC CHURCH & PROTESTANT SECTS: What's the Difference?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
No need, for the reason stated in Post #50 itself---unless, that is, you're able to provide the proof requested there...?

When you address the entirety of my post I will be willing to discuss my observation with you further.

Cruciform

When you address the entirety of my post I will be willing to discuss my observation with you further.
So, then, no actual proof whatsoever. That's what I thought. Therefore---as observed in Post #50 above---your subsequent doctrinal opinions are simply that, and can carry no theological weight of any kind. End of discussion.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
So, then, no actual proof whatsoever. That's what I thought. Therefore---as observed in Post #50 above---your subsequent doctrinal opinions are simply that, and can carry no theological weight of any kind. End of discussion.

It seems that I need to point out that your post cannot stand as your post never addressed my actual observations. Saying that it does is simply a failure on your part to address your opponents points thus you concede the point and I win the point.

relaff

It seems that I need to point out that your post cannot stand as your post never addressed my actual observations. Saying that it does is simply a failure on your part to address your opponents points thus you concede the point and I win the point.

It seems, that all Cruciform is capable of is to state the same stuff over and over again, regardless of what any of us write or point out. :confused:

Cruciform

It seems that I need to point out that your post cannot stand as your post never addressed my actual observations.
Your observations mean exactly nothing since they assume a doctrinal authority on the part of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect that you have yet to actually demonstrate. Back to Post #63 above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

It seems, that all Cruciform is capable of is to state the same stuff over and over again, regardless of what any of us write or point out.
Only because the same points repeatedly apply to the "arguments" that non-Catholics here tend to put forth. If you want a different response, you'll need to try a different approach.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... you'll need to try a different approach.

allow me to suggest....

Spoiler
mocking!
2d1a3ed02eb7abb08f0d442f45842da2.jpg

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Your observations mean exactly nothing since they assume a doctrinal authority on the part of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect that you have yet to actually demonstrate. Back to Post #63 above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

My, but aren't you defensive! An odd response to some observations regarding human nature.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 1:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Luther believed it, you don't. Sola Fide!

Cruciform

Luther believed it...
Luther added to it.

...you don't.
Christ's one historic Catholic Church was preaching the text that you quoted for fifteen centuries before a single Protestant ever managed to stumble onto the scene. Try again.

Sola Fide!
A completely unbiblical 16th-century Protestant invention that was entirely unheard of in the Christian Church for the first millennium-and-a-half of Christian history. For details, see this and this.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Luther added to it.

Christ's one historic Catholic Church was preaching the text that you quoted for fifteen centuries before a single Protestant ever managed to stumble onto the scene. Try again.

A completely unbiblical 16th-century Protestant invention that was entirely unheard of in the Christian Church for the first millennium-and-a-half of Christian history. For details, see this and this.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
If it was being preached properly, why was it the cry of the Reformation?

Cruciform

If it was being preached properly, why was it the cry of the Reformation?
Because the "reformers"---who couldn't even agree among themselves regarding salvation---pridefully separated themselves from Christ's one historic Church and her teachings, deciding instead to formulate Christian doctrine for themselves (that is, to become their own ultimate doctrinal authority). Result: 50,000+ entirely non-authoritative recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects to date, with more being concocted every week. A hopelessly subjective interpretive chaos.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Okay. Here is proof that the CC is defined by its doctrines and dogmas.
Unfortunately, the proof you were asked to provide (Post #50) has nothing to do with the Catholic Church, but with your preferred man-made sect. Here, I'll post it again:
"In order for your doctrinal opinions to carry any weight whatsoever, please go ahead and demonstrate that your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D., and against which he declared that the gates of hell would never prevail (Mt. 16:18-19; 1 Tim. 3:15). Please post your proof now."

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+