Canada to initiate Project Soylent

glassjester

Yes, it does, much like your penchant for 'editing' a person's response in general.

Feel free to demonstrate how I have deceptively altered your words in any way.

In actuality, I've only asked you questions about your own view. You have had (and continue to have) the opportunity to correct any error of mine at any point along the way.

Here is my understanding of the conversation so far.
Again, feel free to point out my misunderstanding:

GJ: Who should be allowed to kill himself?
AB: Terminally ill people.
GJ: Because of their pain or their limited time left?
AB: Both
GJ: Then if either of those aspects is missing, they do not have the right to suicide?
AB: Yes
GJ: Then a man who will die in a few months, but is not in pain, and a man who is in constant pain, but has years to live, should both not be allowed to kill themselves, right?
AB: No.
GJ: That is inconsistent.

So please, point out my error.

Which one those two should be allowed to kill himself?

1. The man who will die in a few months, but is not in pain? Or
2. the man who is in constant pain, but will not die for many years?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I don't find euthanasia to be inherently wrong so long as a situation reasonably calls for it. It is something that has happened countless times on the battlefield through history, and they have never been shamed there so why should it be any different elsewhere?

However, the problem with euthanasia being practiced in hospitals is that it has an alarming possibility for abuse- providing incentive in harvesting organs is pretty much a big red flag altogether.

A very real reality is that there will be physicians that may be less vigilant in sustaining the ill because harvesting organs is very lucrative. A quarter million up to over a million dollars per transplant altogether.

It's simply a horrible idea to make some kind of institution of it, which would be the case just as abortion became :rolleyes:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
oh, and i noticed that you indulged your penchant for 'editing' a person's response in general.

glassjester

However, the problem with euthanasia being practiced in hospitals is that it has an alarming possibility for abuse- providing incentive in harvesting organs is pretty much a big red flag altogether.

If Jack Kevorkian was still alive, he'd be the ESPN hero of the year.