Canada to initiate Project Soylent

Arthur Brain

Arthur Brain

Where do you stand?

On any given surface where I happen to be upright...:eek:

I think euthanasia in itself is not an evil but it has to be handled in the most strict and watertight of manners. I fail to see why a terminally ill patient should be obliged to "live" out their final days if they choose, with full faculties to shorten what can be a painful and undignified process.

glassjester

On any given surface where I happen to be upright...:eek:

I think euthanasia in itself is not an evil but it has to be handled in the most strict and watertight of manners. I fail to see why a terminally ill patient should be obliged to "live" out their final days if they choose, with full faculties to shorten what can be a painful and undignified process.

What do you mean by strict and watertight?
Is there anyone who should be denied the legal right to end his own life?

Arthur Brain

So the poor need to kill themselves? Come off it.

Why on earth do you think I was arguing that? An increase in poverty, a lack of access to food, water, heating and shelter would kill plenty before suicide even came into the equation, though it would for some in such a harsh climate obviously. What do you care?

Arthur Brain

What do you mean by strict and watertight?
Is there anyone who should be denied the legal right to end his own life?

All above board both medically and legally and with the full and binding consent of the patient.

Not going to get involved further until you explain how everyone should be denied the right to end a life that's comprised of suffering/loss of faculties.

(Yes, that last could be an argument for euthanasia on my own behalf but not quite ready yet...)

glassjester

Why on earth do you think I was arguing that?

I thought the thread was about euthanasia.

An increase in poverty, a lack of access to food, water, heating and shelter would kill plenty before suicide even came into the equation, though it would for some in such a harsh climate obviously. What do you care?

So I'm either pro-welfare or pro mass deaths? That's a bit extreme.

glassjester

If that's as invested as you are in the topic then it's pointless pursuing it further with you. Been down that 'Beyonce' road with you before.

I sincerely hope you're not harboring any resentment over our last conversation.

In your opinion, is there anyone who should be denied the "right" to end his own life?