Can a Jew be saved without believing the Trinity?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I am going to say the same thing to steko. When I think of plural I think of two or three or more, a couple or a few or more. I don't think one or more.
Jacob, how many words are in the Hebrew language? Just a ballpark estimate, I don't need an exact number.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jacob, how many words are in the Hebrew language? Just a ballpark estimate, I don't need an exact number.

I don't know. Let's see what happens when I look it up.

The academy of the Hebrew language estimates 45,000 words, in addition to 30,000-35,000 word compositions (school in Hebrew is book-house בית-ספר, for example), which totals the estimate in 75,000-80,000 meaningful expressions of either words or word compositions.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't know. Let's see what happens when I look it up.

The academy of the Hebrew language estimates 45,000 words, in addition to 30,000-35,000 word compositions (school in Hebrew is book-house בית-ספר, for example), which totals the estimate in 75,000-80,000 meaningful expressions of either words or word compositions.
So there are a lot of words. More than one.

How many languages is that, and which ones?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So there are a lot of words. More than one.

How many languages is that, and which ones?

I don't know what you are asking me now. Ivreet (pronounced Eevreet) means Hebrew. There may be more than one language, like Yiddish or something.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't know what you are asking me now. Ivreet (pronounced Eevreet) means Hebrew. There may be more than one language, like Yiddish or something.
Hebrew is one language, yes?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
As far as I know or as far as I can tell. Have you heard of Aramaic? Apparently it is similar.
Now, I don't know Hebrew very well (at all, in fact, except for a few words). But it seems to me, as far as I can tell, that if you were to say, "Hebrew is one language," in Hebrew, the word "echad" would be used, instead of yachad or bad.

Is that correct?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Now, I don't know Hebrew very well (at all, in fact, except for a few words). But it seems to me, as far as I can tell, that if you were to say, "Hebrew is one language," in Hebrew, the word "echad" would be used, instead of yachad or bad.

Is that correct?

I don't know. I do know the Shema.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't know. But I can read the Torah because I can read the letters and vowels.
Do you know what those two words mean?

Yachid (root, "yachad") - to be one, united

Bad (root, "badad") - alone, separated

That's what they mean.

So, why not use them?

God is certainly alone, in that He is the only true God, and He is not multiple Gods...

Echad (root, "akhad") - to unify, united, one

Echad indicates a PLURALITY in the Godhead. There are multiple united as one.

Not multiple Gods, but one God, who is a plural unity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you know what those two words mean?

Yachid (root, "yachad") - to be one, united

Bad (root, "badad") - alone, separated

That's what they mean.

So, why not use them?

God is certainly alone, in that He is the only true God, and He is not multiple Gods...

Echad (root, "akhad") - to unify, united, one

Echad indicates a PLURALITY in the Godhead. There are multiple united as one.

Not multiple Gods, but one God, who is a plural unity.

It doesn't say that. Echad does not allow for that. One is not plural.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
How long before you guys figure out that Jacob is full of it.

He's pulling your chains.

No one who can use a keyboard can be that stupid. He's doing it on purpose.

He doesn't trust Strong's Concordance - really? Give me a break! He's a liar and is intentionally wasting of your time.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't know. But I can read the Torah because I can read the letters and vowels.
Remember my question about the Hebrew language?

If you wanted to say, "Hebrew is one language," you would use the word echad.

Why?

Because a language is many words, but one thing.

A plural unity.

Just like a man and woman become one flesh (echad), a plural unity.

Just like there was one language and one speech on the earth prior to Babel, a plural unity.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Remember my question about the Hebrew language?

If you wanted to say, "Hebrew is one language," you would use the word echad.

Why?

Because a language is many words, but one thing.

A plural unity.

Just like a man and woman become one flesh (echad), a plural unity.

Just like there was one language and one speech on the earth prior to Babel, a plural unity.

I can't support your teaching. Sorry.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

He doesn't trust Strong's Concordance - really? Give me a break! He's a liar and is intentionally wasting of your time.

Great. Now I have to defend the Strong's Concordance. It might be the best thing to defend Christian doctrine. But that does not make it correct.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

That may be true.

But, in the spirit of Isaiah 55:11, I'd rather go through this with him fully at least once, that way he either accepts it or denies it on his own, and so that he cannot claim ignorance come judgment day.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

That may be true.

But, in the spirit of Isaiah 55:11, I'd rather go through this with him fully at least once, that way he either accepts it or denies it on his own, and so that he cannot claim ignorance come judgment day.
Though...

It is a good idea to temper that with Romans 11:25...

:think:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That may be true.

I appreciate that. Strong's is a tool. It is not perfect. Even though those who challenge its perfection are akin to those who deny the inspiration and inerrancy of the Bible, the Scriptures, the Word of God.