Calvinism Is The Gospel, So Only Believers Of Calvinism Are Saved.

Arthur Brain

Sure you do. With no conceptual doctrine you are a pagan.
The Gospel is God's word. Calvin, like all Christians read God's word and commented on what it said. He is no different than we who comment today. The question is whether what he observed in God's word is what the Bible says or is it made up...like your paganism? If Calvin did not observe God's word and write about it, what did he observe in order to come to his conclusions?

He came to his own conclusions that nobody is obliged to observe as sacrosanct. JW's have their own belief system, much like Mormons, SDA's, Pentecostals, Methodists, Baptists etc etc etc.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Calvinism is TULIP.

The Gospel is:

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Risen Christ, Faith’s Reality
15 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
What does the Bible give us? Did Calvin read it with clear vision? If not, then expound on the scriptures. Failure to expound on God's word will paint you as the one who is not standing on God's word, but instead upon your own philosophy.

What do you give us? Idiotic, irrelevant, bot-like reactions to posts you have not even read. Please stop begging for attention. Thank you.

MennoSota

He came to his own conclusions that nobody is obliged to observe as sacrosanct. JW's have their own belief system, much like Mormons, SDA's, Pentecostals, Methodists, Baptists etc etc etc.
Indeed, people can do their own thing. Were his observations taken from scripture? We start there.
Then we look at others and their observations. We test them all against scripture. When a thought from others is not found in the Bible, we point out that it is not Biblical. When a theory is conjured from a few sentences while it contradicts other passages, we toss out that theory. This is precisely why I throw out open theism. It has a weak base.

MennoSota

What do you give us? Idiotic, irrelevant, bot-like reactions to posts you have not even read. Please stop begging for attention. Thank you.
It would be thrilling if the mods were courageous enough to ban you because of this comment. Will they? Probably not.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Only if you can show me where Jesus denies the resurrection of the unjust.

Daniel 12:2 KJV
(2) And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Matthew 25:41 KJV
(41) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Those are only true Jesus' followers.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
It would be thrilling if the mods were courageous enough to ban you because of this comment. Will they? Probably not.

Go tell John Calvin that your feelings are hurt; perhaps it would be thrilling for you to see him have me burnt at the stake.

Anyone can go back through the numerous posts that you have submitted in reaction to posts I've written, and see that, instead of answering the questions I asked you, in many of them, you didn't even write a word, but simply pasted in an utterly irrelevant image file you found on Google. Yup, that's what you did.

I had left off replying to posts by you, because I was, by personal experience, well aware of your commitment to irrationality and asininity. You got your last word on all those threads, didn't you? That's part of the historical record. That's something you have that you can cherish, isn't it? You can go back through all your posts and be satisfied with just how great an apologist you were on behalf of your ideology, by ultimately resorting to sending me a picture of pretzels in reply to the questions you couldn't answer. That was your last word--after persistent stonewalling against all the questions I asked you, after lying to me in saying that you answered all my questions--your last word was a picture of pretzels.

Now, I started this, particular, thread. You, at some point, entered into it, and started posting gobbledygook, writing not one thing relevant to my initial post. You were posting in reaction to others' posts in this thread. I had pretty well kept up my policy of ignoring your garbage, since I understand there's no reasoning with one like you who is committed to irrationality. You have now, just recently, tried to egg me on, by handing me a clump of nonsense, in reaction to a post I had addressed to someone else (not to you) and now you're going to play hypocrite-martyr when I call you out on it? Really?

If the site were to ban me, then, so they ban me. Not the end of the world. I've been on TOL since 2009, with, by now, still less than 200 posts. On the other hand, it looks like you've been on here for less than a year, and you've already posted almost 1,500 times. (How many of those posts of yours, inflating that number, were nothing more than a cut-and-paste image from Google, with not even a line or a word of text, I wonder?) If they were ever to ban you for all your angry, attention-begging trolling of other peoples' legitimate posts, you'd doubtless be devastated. Besides, I wouldn't want you to be banned; it's persons like yourself whose bratty behavior, commitment to irrationality, and woeful inattention to details, showcase well just what Calvinism has got going out to fight for it! I welcome the spectacles y'all create; many of us benefit from it.

Go beg attention from someone who hasn't already sounded you out as entirely unwilling to engage (if not utterly incapable of engaging) in rational conversation. Please don't troll me anymore.

Last edited:

MennoSota

Go tell John Calvin that your feelings are hurt; perhaps it would be thrilling for you to see him have me burnt at the stake.

Anyone can go back through the numerous posts that you have submitted in reaction to posts I've written, and see that, instead of answering the questions I asked you, in many of them, you didn't even write a word, but simply pasted in an utterly irrelevant image file you found on Google. Yup, that's what you did.

I had left off replying to posts by you, because I was, by personal experience, well aware of your commitment to irrationality and asininity. You got your last word on all those threads, didn't you? That's part of the historical record. That's something you have that you can cherish, isn't it? You can go back through all your posts and be satisfied with just how great an apologist you were on behalf of your ideology, by ultimately resorting to sending me a picture of pretzels in reply to the questions you couldn't answer. That was your last word--after persistent stonewalling against all the questions I asked you, after lying to me in saying that you answered all my questions--your last word was a picture of pretzels.

Now, I started this, particular, thread. You, at some point, entered into it, and started posting gobbledygook, writing not one thing relevant to my initial post. You were posting in reaction to others' posts in this thread. I had pretty well kept up my policy of ignoring your garbage, since I understand there's no reasoning with one like you who is committed to irrationality. You have now, just recently, tried to egg me on, by handing me a clump of nonsense, in reaction to a post I had addressed to someone else (not to you) and now you're going to play hypocrite-martyr when I call you out on it? Really?

If the site were to ban me, then, so they ban me. Not the end of the world. I've been on TOL since 2009, with, by now, still less than 200 posts. On the other hand, it looks like you've been on here for less than a year, and you've already posted almost 1,500 times. (How many of those posts of yours, inflating that number, were nothing more than a cut-and-paste image from Google, with not even a line or a word of text, I wonder?) If they were ever to ban you for all your angry, attention-begging trolling of other peoples' legitimate posts, you'd doubtless be devastated. Besides, I wouldn't want you to be banned; it's persons like yourself whose bratty behavior, commitment to irrationality, and woeful inattention to details, showcase well just what Calvinism has got going out to fight for it! I welcome the spectacles y'all create; many of us benefit from it.

Go beg attention from someone who hasn't already sounded you out as entirely unwilling to engage (if not utterly incapable of engaging) in rational conversation. Please don't troll me anymore.
I notice, still no scripture. Your hatred of God's word must be great.

MennoSota

You should be banned for accusing someone of having a "hatred of God's word", when it's clearly a false accusation on your part.

Grow up and try really hard to keep your anger in check.
Still no scripture. Is truth just whatever you want it to be in your mind, Daz?

glorydaz

Still no scripture. Is truth just whatever you want it to be in your mind, Daz?

You're right, here is a verse that fits you perfectly. All talk and no substance.

Matt. 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.​

MennoSota

You're right, here is a verse that fits you perfectly. All talk and no substance.

Matt. 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.​
Keep trying, I am sure the impartial mods will do their thing.

glorydaz

Keep trying, I am sure the impartial mods will do their thing.

What? You think they're here to babysit you?

I understand that you aren't getting the credit you think you deserve for this "message" you preach, but it isn't Good News, so I'm afraid you're wasting your time. No one is buying your puppet master god.