BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecumenicist

Because you would know that it is not eternal. You would know that at somepoint in the future you would get out. In short, you would have hope.

As long as that (false) hope exists it sets up a condition where people can live their life anyway they want to if they are willing to do their time hell. They figure they will end up in heaven anyway so they can spend their life hating God by doing what is evil.

God says no. God says that if you choose to spend your life hating Him you will spend eternity seperated from Him. He wants us to know that there is a point where there is no hope. We should fear that.

I'm uncomfortable about visiting the dentist, in fact I'm having a
crown done in a couple weeks, so this is a relevant illustration.

I've been brushing my teeth for some 45 years, partially because
the thought of a dental procedure makes me uncomfortable.

Even the motivation of potential discomfort is effective, much lest
"firey purgation," even for a short period. In fact, I'm talking myself
back towards the annihilist view, because even temporary torture in a
Universalistic sense seems contrary to the nature of God presented
by Christ.

And who are "they" anyway, these God haters? I know a bunch of
God avoiders, because the concept of ET is so horrifying they've
left the faith, but God haters? I know self haters who harm themselves
because life is empty, some because they left the faith, because of
ET.

ET is a harmful doctrine, not a healing doctrine, it is patently false.

Aimiel

...even temporary torture in a
Universalistic sense seems contrary to the nature of God presented by Christ.
The 'nature' of God was described by Chrst as The One Whom we should fear; The Only One Who has the power to cast body and soul into hell. He also said that all liars shall have their place in the Lake of Fire.
Liar.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I'm uncomfortable about visiting the dentist, in fact I'm having a
crown done in a couple weeks, so this is a relevant illustration.

I've been brushing my teeth for some 45 years, partially because
the thought of a dental procedure makes me uncomfortable.

Even the motivation of potential discomfort is effective, much lest
"firey purgation," even for a short period. In fact, I'm talking myself
back towards the annihilist view, because even temporary torture in a
Universalistic sense seems contrary to the nature of God presented
by Christ.

And who are "they" anyway, these God haters? I know a bunch of
God avoiders, because the concept of ET is so horrifying they've
left the faith, but God haters? I know self haters who harm themselves
because life is empty, some because they left the faith, because of
ET.
I don't know as I am not their judge. Only God knows whats in a prsons heart and He knows who they are. I'm sorry you know people who left faith because they can't accept an eternal hell. I'm sorry that they don't trust God for that is what it amounts to. They do not trust God to be just.

Dave Miller said:
You hope.

red77

The 'nature' of God was described by Chrst as The One Whom we should fear; The Only One Who has the power to cast body and soul into hell. He also said that all liars shall have their place in the Lake of Fire.Liar.

dave wasnt a liar at all in his post, he said eternal torment is a "harmful doctrine, not a healing doctrine", that is patently true , he believes it to be patently false (as do I) because of those very reasons, that hardly makes him a liar

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
dave wasnt a liar at all in his post, he said eternal torment is a "harmful doctrine, not a healing doctrine", that is patently true , he believes it to be patently false (as do I) because of those very reasons, that hardly makes him a liar

No, he, and you, are not liars. You are deceived by the great Liar

Nineveh

Merely Christian
I'm uncomfortable... ...uncomfortable...discomfort...

dave is uncomfortable, so...

Dave's comfort level dictates his view of eternity.

Did you ever bother to find out if God left us any instructions on what a Church is supposed to do with sexually immoral congregants? Or are you content to rely on your own comfy ideas?

red77

I don't know as I am not their judge. Only God knows whats in a prsons heart and He knows who they are. I'm sorry you know people who left faith because they can't accept an eternal hell. I'm sorry that they don't trust God for that is what it amounts to. They do not trust God to be just.

You hope.

Many people have had their faith broken because of the doctrine of eternal torment, is it any wonder? A message that is completely devoid of hope and filled with despair? Billions of people consigned to endless agonising pain with no hope of relief, peoples families/loved ones/wives/kids, its singularaly the most repulsive,abhorent and indescribably horiffic teaching that there could ever possibly be, a God who creates a world and is satisfied with an outcome where endless suffering awaits countless people - the doctrine is rooted soley and utterly in fear, the only reason I wouldnt hav left the church I was in was because of the fear this message can hold over people, but I knew within me that it wasnt a genuine reason for wanting to believe in the creator, that a God who creates everything and instills in us the value of love,compassion,empathy,gentlenesss and conscience would want blind devotion through morbid fear made no sense - if i had stayed it would only have been through fear for my own hide and i knew that God would know that and see the insincerity in my belief, unless God wants people to be slaves to fear then the doctrine of ECT is false as well as barbaric, it makes God out to be an absolute tyrant with no mercy except o those fallible creations who managed to stumble their way through an obstacle course onto the right path in this one short life, it limits God's love/mercy/compassion and his sacrifice to the most vile extent unimaginable, there is no 'light of truth' in it whatsoever......

red77

dave is uncomfortable, so...

Dave's comfort level dictates his view of eternity.

Did you ever bother to find out if God left us any instructions on what a Church is supposed to do with sexually immoral congregants? Or are you content to rely on your own comfy ideas?

Anyone with the smallest ounce of compassion would be 'uncomfortable' with such a doctrine, however, its hardly just his discomfort which leads him to believe it to be false.....

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Anyone with the smallest ounce of compassion would be 'uncomfortable' with such a doctrine, however, its hardly just his discomfort which leads him to believe it to be false.....

He preaches a false gospel of comfort. Christ took stripes for you. He died for you! Why? So you could keep your false hope of maybe repenting when you get around to it? He died to keep you with Him. He told you what being without Him is going to be like. Stop with the false gospel of eternal repentance. It's a another lie.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
The beginning, not the be all and end all...

Many people have had their faith broken because of the doctrine of eternal torment, is it any wonder?

Yes it is. Because those who are saved no longer fear the second death.

A message that is completely devoid of hope and filled with despair? Billions of people consigned to endless agonising pain with no hope of relief, peoples families/loved ones/wives/kids, its singularaly the most repulsive,abhorent and indescribably horiffic teaching that there could ever possibly be, a God who creates a world and is satisfied with an outcome where endless suffering awaits countless people - the doctrine is rooted soley and utterly in fear, the only reason I wouldnt hav left the church I was in was because of the fear this message can hold over people, but I knew within me that it wasnt a genuine reason for wanting to believe in the creator, that a God who creates everything and instills in us the value of love,compassion,empathy,gentlenesss and conscience would want blind devotion through morbid fear made no sense - if i had stayed it would only have been through fear for my own hide and i knew that God would know that and see the insincerity in my belief, unless God wants people to be slaves to fear then the doctrine of ECT is false as well as barbaric, it makes God out to be an absolute tyrant with no mercy except o those fallible creations who managed to stumble their way through an obstacle course onto the right path in this one short life, it limits God's love/mercy/compassion and his sacrifice to the most vile extent unimaginable, there is no 'light of truth' in it whatsoever......

You just wrote a paragraph on how people shouldn't fear God. So it's another case of who is right, red or God.

Status
Not open for further replies.