BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I, too, will try again

Matthew 7:13 does NOT say anything about eternal torment..

You are right...the words He used were exactly the right words to convey exactly what He meant. He was not talking about what you think He was here...He was refering to the Kingdom Age. Not all are chosen for that kingdom, not even eventually.

He did NOT use English. The langauges used were far more precise.

We are not talking about the Kingdom Age but rather of the vivification of all mankind (1 Cor. 15:23 and 24), which occurs long after the thousand-year kingdom has run its course.
He is talking about the Kingdom of God as in Heaven. He is warning us that few will find it.

logos_x said:
The verse you quote in Matthew 25...
"Then will He say to those at His left, "'Begone from me, with the curse resting upon you, into the Fire of the Ages, which has been prepared for the Devil and his angels.
(Mat 25:41)
...STILL does not mention eternal torment, for devil or man.
Fire of the Ages. A poetic way of saying forever.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
People are fallible and we arent perfect, God seems to know this when he answered his disciples regarding the salvation of people...

Too bad you ignore it.

Then it was love that worked within you and not fear ultimately, I've noticed that fear itself can only hold power for so long...

I was in fear... paralyzing fear until I repentented. Had I not repented my sins would have been put on my shoulders to deal with. Then I would have been like the people you keep alluding to, calling myself by the Name of Christ yet fearing the lake.

You tried to deny my witness the first time it stood in opposition to your beliefs. Now, just as then, you can believe whatever you like, but you can not deny my witness.

I dont believe...

So?

I'm sorry you cant believe that God himself can accomplish his will,

I have no doubt God has done everything necessary for the salvation of men... except force it on them.

I dont disagree that God is the saviour of the world and I'm sorry that the word when quoted to you is not enough to believe that he can restore his own handiwork....

Were you aware the Bible has more to say than your favorite proof text?

all believers in ET believe love to be outdone by anger, no wonder it doesnt make any sense......

It appears you just loath the idea of consequences. God is Just. Without God being Just He can not be Loving.

red77

Too bad you ignore it.

Ignore what? Jesus's answer about all kinds of things being possible for God? :liberals: What exactly am I supposed to be ignoring? If this is some cheap shot at myself then I repented - and continue to repent - many years ago...

I was in fear... paralyzing fear until I repentented. Had I not repented my sins would have been put on my shoulders to deal with. Then I would have been like the people you keep alluding to, calling myself by the Name of Christ yet fearing the lake.

You tried to deny my witness the first time it stood in opposition to your beliefs. Now, just as then, you can believe whatever you like, but you can not deny my witness.

I dont deny any of your witness, you wouldnt be the first nor the last to have been terrified into belief, but if I recall it was the conviction of your actions towards others that caused true repentance wasnt it? The realisation that the hurt and wrong you'd caused had brought you to tears? I apologise if I'm wrong here but this is how i recollect your words, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong,
Fear in itself rarely holds people in its thrall for long if belief is solely founded in it, thats why I've seen many leave because its only the fear of an incomprehensible 'punishment' that keeps them in the church, true belief and true repentance come from within and no paralyzing fear is involved for it to be genuine

This is pathetic Nineveh, ya remember when I said I was 'tired of being misrepresented by other posters', well this is what I was on about, taking a snippet of someones post and completely misrepresenting what they were saying, unless you have the arrogance to presume that all of those who dont share your doctrine are incapable of belief in God then you might want to debate like an adult on this issue, its utterly hypocritical for you to expect an apology from me when you've just prooved my initial complaint was correct...

I have no doubt God has done everything necessary for the salvation of men... except force it on them.

Which nobody has said God would do....this has been explained to you so many times by now and yet you persist in this strawman, God wont force anyone, and if force is such an abhorrence to you why would you think that God would force people into an eternal torture pit?

Were you aware the Bible has more to say than your favorite proof text?

Of course, as has been evidenced throughout this thread, its all over the word when one looks without indoctrinated glasses..

It appears you just loath the idea of consequences. God is Just. Without God being Just He can not be Loving.

Thats ridiculous, we face consequences for our actions all the time - both good and bad so the idea of loathing consequence is crazy, it just happens to make more sense to believe that the consequences will serve an ultimate purpose instead of a futile state of suffering which serves nothing, I dont disagree that God is just, just not with the warped and nonsensical view that the only way that God can be both just and loving is to cast people off forever into eternal misery

red77

He is talking about the Kingdom of God as in Heaven. He is warning us that few will find it.

This verse mentions nothing about eternal torment

Fire of the Ages. A poetic way of saying forever.

You think that the Bible would wax lyrical on a subject of eternal torment? If the original texts meant forever then they would have said just that, 'of the ages' does not mean eternal no matter how 'poetic' you would have them read

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Ignore what? Jesus's answer about all kinds of things being possible for God?

Golly... the majority of the Bible that spells out most hate God.

I dont deny any of your witness, you wouldnt be the first nor the last to have been terrified into belief, but if I recall it was the conviction of your actions towards others that caused true repentance wasnt it?

It was knowing I was a sinner. Firstly, that I was an idolatrous pagan. The harm I had caused others came to me later.

This is pathetic Nineveh...

What is pathetic is you think your beliefs trump what God says.

Which nobody has said God would do....this has been explained to you so many times by now and yet you persist in this strawman, God wont force anyone, and if force is such an abhorrence to you why would you think that God would force people into an eternal torture pit?

Strawmen like: "I'm sorry you cant believe that God himself can accomplish his will,..."?

God doesn't force anyone into the lake. It's their choice. Beyond that your wishful belief they have forever to repent is merely that, your wishful destructive belief.

Of course, as has been evidenced throughout this thread, its all over the word when one looks without indoctrinated glasses..

Funny thing, I've offered many verses you choose to ignore while you keep repeating your same 2 or 3 as if that nullifies the entire Bible pointing out that most men throughout history have been rebellious towards God.

Thats ridiculous, we face consequences for our actions all the time - both good and bad so the idea of loathing consequence is crazy,

FAS has a whole thread of you and your excuses trying to get murderers out of their consequences. Same here with eternal seperation from God.

it just happens to make more sense to believe that the consequences will serve an ultimate purpose instead of a futile state of suffering which serves nothing, I dont disagree that God is just, just not with the warped and nonsensical view that the only way that God can be both just and loving is to cast people off forever into eternal misery

It's as if you have never even considered what Christ said or what He went through for you.

red77

address the issue, Jesus knew that with left to his own devices mankind would be incapable of his own salvation and answered accordingly, why do you think the disciples were so shocked?

It was knowing I was a sinner. Firstly, that I was an idolatrous pagan. The harm I had caused others came to me later.

Then it was still genuine conviction, fear doesnt cause one to genuinely repent of actions

No, what is pathetic is that you've been called on your own misrepresenatation and have no answer, you expect an apology for induldging in the very thing I took issue with you on in the first place, taking a snippet of a post amounts to nothing more than juvenility and is a 'cheap shot' at best, you are being a complete hypocrite

Strawmen like: "I'm sorry you cant believe that God himself can accomplish his will,..."?

God doesn't force anyone into the lake. It's their choice. Beyond that your wishful belief they have forever to repent is merely that, your wishful destructive belief.

Well you dont, you believe that most of God's creation is lost forever in some eternal hellhole of one kind or another despite God's intention to save his own world, the strawman is that people will 'choose' to go to a place of unending torment, yeah right.....God wont have to 'force' anyone to do that at all will he?

Funny thing, I've offered many verses you choose to ignore while you keep repeating your same 2 or 3 as if that nullifies the entire Bible pointing out that most men throughout history have been rebellious towards God.

2 0r 3? Its plastered all over the word if you'd care to have read this thread! Logos X pasted a multitude of verses a few pages ago which are conveniently overlooked, which verses have i not supposedly addressed? You would sooner have God's will destroyed and will yourself nullify any verse given that speaks of a grander plan that you deem God capable of....

FAS has a whole thread of you and your excuses trying to get murderers out of their consequences. Same here with eternal seperation from God.

You mean the thread which you still havent addressed yet despite being invited to? You still havent had any answer for both mine and Morpheus's counters to you, I dont need to make excuses for either my stance on capital punishment nor eternal separation, you seem to be finding excuses for justifying putting innocent people to death as well as the unending agony of people despite it not being God's will

It's as if you have never even considered what Christ said or what He went through for you.

What a complete non answer and yet another misrepresentation of my belief, Is this really all you have?

logos_x

Nineveh...everyone has been rebellious toward God.

That is precisely why we need a Savior.

An eternal separation from God is not required to do what God is doing...which is saving sinners.

Now, your argument above falls far short because you seem to think that eternal torment somehow proves what Christ has done for us. By now it should be quite obvious that this is not the case...in fact it should, by now, sound so ridiculous as to make everyone laugh at how stupid we were for not seeing it before.

How would we know God as Saviour unless we NEED a Saviour...and how would we know Him as Saviour unless He REALLY DOES SAVE us?

Eternal torment is not good for ANYTHING.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
address the issue, Jesus knew that with left to his own devices mankind would be incapable of his own salvation and answered accordingly, why do you think the disciples were so shocked?

Talk about addressing the issue. Most of the Bible stands against you. Most people throught history have hated God. When are you going to address this?

Then it was still genuine conviction, fear doesnt cause one to genuinely repent of actions

How would you know one way or the other? I was there and the fear of God brought me to my knees in repentance.

Well you dont, you believe that most of God's creation is lost forever in some eternal hellhole of one kind or another despite God's intention to save his own world, the strawman is that people will 'choose' to go to a place of unending torment, yeah right.....God wont have to 'force' anyone to do that at all will he?

hmmm what God says or what red wants to believe... which should I choose... that's a real toughie....

I dont need to make excuses for either my stance on capital punishment nor eternal separation,...

But when going against what God says, that's exactly what you are doing. No, you don't need to offer your excuses, you could just take God at His word. But then you would actually have to believe Him instead of relying on your own beliefs.

What a complete non answer and yet another misrepresentation of my belief, Is this really all you have?

That wasn't a statement about your beliefs, that was an observation.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
What questions haven't I answered Nineveh?

Man logos... this gets old.

Is someone who is thrown in prison subjugated to the law?

If so, does this mean their heart is subjugated to the judge who put them there?

Instead of going on a preaching spree this time, how about just answering the questions?

logos_x

Man logos... this gets old.

Is someone who is thrown in prison subjugated to the law?

If so, does this mean their heart is subjugated to the judge who put them there?

Instead of going on a preaching spree this time, how about just answering the questions?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1381196&postcount=2952

Nineveh..I answered the questions in the above post. You have rejected the answer...and that is not my fault.

Answer to the first question...yes.

Answer to the second is simply that this is not the end-all solution to sin. Jesus is also the Savior, not just the judge...and He will employ true justice, not a blanket judgement upon all men forever.

It's really quite simple.

red77

Talk about addressing the issue. Most of the Bible stands against you. Most people throught history have hated God. When are you going to address this?

What exactly is your definition of hate? Unbelief? Agnosticism? and yes - why dont you address the issue? Why is it so difficult to explain what Jesus's answer to the disciples meant, is it because to believe ET to be true means that the clear answer given to the disciples has to be twisted to mean that all kinds of things are NOT in fact possible for God?

How would you know one way or the other? I was there and the fear of God brought me to my knees in repentance.

Because any genuine remorse is not coaxed by fear, anyone can shed 'crocodile' tears but the real thing is genuine regardless of who that person is - not just yourself

hmmm what God says or what red wants to believe... which should I choose... that's a real toughie....

God says he came not to judge the world but to save it, that he is the saviour of all men, that he wills all men to be safe and find the truth etc etc etc, its up to you if you choose to believe that or not

But when going against what God says, that's exactly what you are doing. No, you don't need to offer your excuses, you could just take God at His word. But then you would actually have to believe Him instead of relying on your own beliefs.

I do believe as God says, that the shedding of innocent blood is an abhorrence, it seems as though you have no excuses for the amount of innocent blood that would be shed under our present judicial system were CP to be enforced, many other Christians take issue and still believe the word of God - and still believe murder to be worthy of death,

and still no answer for your pathetic misrepresentation, fair enough, just dont bother hounding me anymore for an apology when you cant even address your own fault

That wasn't a statement about your beliefs, that was an observation.

It was a very innaccurate and mirepresentational observation, one doesnt need to believe in ET to accept the power of Jesus's sacrifice, please stop doing it....

Aimiel

It was a very innaccurate and mirepresentational observation, one doesnt need to believe in ET to accept the power of Jesus's sacrifice, please stop doing it...
If one ever wishes to be in a relationship with Him one does, since calling Him a liar isn't conducive to a relationship with Him. :think:

logos_x

If one ever wishes to be in a relationship with Him one does, since calling Him a liar isn't conducive to a relationship with Him. :think:

There you go again!!!

JESUS NEVER TAUGHT ETERNAL TORMENT.

It is NOT calling Him a liar to point that out!

red77

then perhaps you'll want to take it up with God why you dont believe he can accomplish his mission to save the world and his being the saviour of all men, I dont believe he was lying...

logos_x

There you go, again. YES HE DID. You call Him a liar and reject sound doctrine when you say otherwise.

What He taught was "aionion kolasin". NOT eternal...but aionion!

You call Him a liar when you reject the sound doctrine when you say otherwise.

Aimiel

then perhaps you'll want to take it up with God why you dont believe he can accomplish his mission to save the world and his being the saviour of all men, I dont believe he was lying...
No, He clearly stated that not everyone will be saved, and that many were called but few were chosen and that His Own Blood was given as a ransom for many, not all. You need to reconcile your 'universal' hogwash with The Entire Word of God, and not just with your own 'proof-texts.'

Status
Not open for further replies.