Brian Rohrbough's CBS Appearance Gets Huge Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jukia

Jefferson said:
The fact that they are fighting tooth and nail to prevent the public from seeing the video absolutely SCREAMS that the video could cause a national public backlash against teaching evolution in the schools. If all it is, is just a simple video made by a couple of know nothing kids with a warped view of evolution, then why not just let the public see it?

You mean it was a video made by someone other than 2 disturbed adolescents? The smoking gun of evolution? Bring it on Jeffy.

Jukia

My understanding is that compared to the US most people in Europe have no real issue with evolution. If I am incorrect, then I am sure someone here will set me straight, but all polls and surveys I recall indicate that. If there is a direct connection between the teaching of evolution and school violence should there not be an increased level of school violence in Europe? Does anyone have any information on that?

Granite

Hall of Fame
DEVO said:
When people are taught they are animals, they act like animals.

Yeah...Huxley and Einstein were downright beastly, in their time...

Of course when people are taught they're perfect, they are capable of absolutely anything. Moreover, they are completely unreasonable.

Jukia

Granite said:
Yeah...Huxley and Einstein were downright beastly, in their time...

Of course when people are taught they're perfect, they are capable of absolutely anything. Moreover, they are completely unreasonable.
Granite: To be fair, I don't think that the TOL/Bob Enyart minions teach that people are perfect. They teach that a perfect God created a perfect world and people screwed it up, well at least 2 people--Adam and Eve--for which sin we all suffer. And not only people suffer, but all the animals who used to be vegetarians have to worry about the vegetarian animals who became carnivores after A&E made their big mistake. And that basic story is more "believable" than the science that brought us evolution. Go figure.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jukia said:
Granite: To be fair, I don't think that the TOL/Bob Enyart minions teach that people are perfect. They teach that a perfect God created a perfect world and people screwed it up, well at least 2 people--Adam and Eve--for which sin we all suffer. And not only people suffer, but all the animals who used to be vegetarians have to worry about the vegetarian animals who became carnivores after A&E made their big mistake. And that basic story is more "believable" than the science that brought us evolution. Go figure.

:chuckle:

"Lions don't eat cabbage," as the song goes.

You know that was something that never rang true--the idea that animals so clearly made for killing (T-Rex, great white, on and on) didn't eat other animals till after the fall. I mean, come on. Who are you guys kidding?

eisenreich

CRASH said:
People are special, created in God's image. We are not just another animal.
Santa Claus is real, he brings children special presents. He knows when you've been bad or good.

CRASH said:
Evolution says we are. That we are an accident not a specially created being.
We're not special little beings that were made from dirt and magic breath?!? How can my poor, massive ego survive such a damning claim?!?

CRASH said:
So if you are just an animal, why not act like one and kill another person (animal?)
The strong kill the weak. Natural selection.
I'd be much more worried about a person who needs a book to tell him that killing your neighbor is wrong.

Even if you had a definition of evolution that was remotely accurate, I think you would still instantly reject it. Which is sad.

Last edited:

Jukia

eisenreich: I think the issue with the video is that the police will not release it. I am sure that if TOL had it someone would have released it and then, well evolution down the drain! But I suspect that the police are really in league with the atheistic evolutionist conspiracy to keep the real truth from the American public.

eisenreich

Jukia said:
eisenreich: I think the issue with the video is that the police will not release it. I am sure that if TOL had it someone would have released it and then, well evolution down the drain! But I suspect that the police are really in league with the atheistic evolutionist conspiracy to keep the real truth from the American public.
Ah, gotcha. Tell them to file a FOIA request.

That is true, if you ever talk to a policeman, ask to see the inside of his beltbuckle. AA for American Atheists engraved on each one.

Jukia

Not sure if there is a state FOIA in Colorado. Dont think Fed would work cause it is a state issue. And there may be an exemption for crime related police info. Although since both shooters are dead it would seem that the reason for a police/crime related exemption should be moot.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Jukia said:
You mean it was a video made by someone other than 2 disturbed adolescents? The smoking gun of evolution? Bring it on Jeffy.
Why do you think the video is not being released?

eisenreich

Dread Helm said:
Your flippancy is disgusting.
That's what Jeffy is implying. He believes there must be some sinister reason why the tape is not being released. What conclusion to you draw from it?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
eisenreich said:
That's what Jeffy is implying. He believes there must be some sinister reason why the tape is not being released. What conclusion to you draw from it?
"Jeffy"????

I think you need a TOL vacation. :wave2:

Agnostics, atheists.... keep in mind you are in OUR house. You participate here at our pleasure. If you act like a jerk at my house I am going to ask you to leave.

ThePhy

Knight said:
"Jeffy"????

I think you need a TOL vacation. :wave2:

Agnostics, atheists.... keep in mind you are in OUR house. You participate here at our pleasure. If you act like a jerk at my house I am going to ask you to leave.
I would hope that if a Christian felt that use of a nickname carried with it some sort of offense, they would politely request that the offender refrain from using it.

This level of reaction gives the impression that this site is going to be governed by rules that are applied at your whim, rules that are inconsistently applied. For example, I (and others) have sometimes explicitly applied terms to others that I would expect would be judged more egregious than just a nickname.

SUTG

Jefferson said:
The fact that they are fighting tooth and nail to prevent the public from seeing the video absolutely SCREAMS that the video could cause a national public backlash against teaching evolution in the schools.

Didn't we already have one of those?

If all it is, is just a simple video made by a couple of know nothing kids with a warped view of evolution, then why not just let the public see it?

Isn't evidence like this witheld from the public in alot of these cases? What exactly do you think is on the video?

I'm not sure what could be on there, but I know it isn't a peer-reviewed, scientific refutation of Dawinism. :chuckle:

SUTG

Jukia said:
The question is not whether the teaching of evolution turns people into animals but whether the theory of evolution is the best explanation for the biological world we see around us.

Does everyone at least agree with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.