Blasphemy

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisServant

I am accused of blasphemy. Do you know what blasphemy means? It means to speak against Christ or His Word. I am accused of blasphemy because I quote the Word of God. One cant blaspheme by quoting what is written. One can only blaspheme by interpretation. Those who interpret from their imagination. There is another point to focus on, deception. Thats when one believes the opposite from what it says. Another good point is when one is deceived they cant know it. If they knew they were deceived they wouldnt be deceived. Now the only way to find out if you are deceived is to compare your belief to what is written in the scriptures. And if they dont match you are deceived.There are rules to follow when you are checking your beliefs. Dont think beyond what is written in the verses, and dont add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses. Just quote the verse. That is how we know we are following the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit only quotes verses. Here are the verses you need to check the foundation of your belief.

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 10:4-5
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
(KJV)

If you truly had faith in God you would also have faith in His Word. If you truly trusted God you would trust His Word. And obey it. If you truly knew Jesus you would keep His commandments. But you dont you just keep lieing to yourselves and to others. You are the blind leading the blind.

I Jn 2:4-5
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
(NKJ)

Blasphemy is using something that is Holy for mundane purposes.... which is what you do when you quote verses out of context and culture.

If you are going to quote the Holy Spirit at least pay him some respect and actually teach the lesson he was trying to teach in that passage INSTEAD OF YOUR OWN LESSON.

The Holy Spirit is way smarter than your idiotic postings.

because the Holy Spirit only quotes verses

The above is probably the most asinine thing I have ever heard in my 50 years in Christianity... as you have reduced the Holy Spirit to nothing more than prerecorded tape or echo chamber.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Blasphemy is using something that is Holy for mundane purposes.... which is what you do when you quote verses out of context and culture.

If you are going to quote the Holy Spirit at least pay him some respect and actually teach the lesson he was trying to teach in that passage INSTEAD OF YOUR OWN LESSON.

The Holy Spirit is way smarter than your idiotic postings.

The above is probably the most asinine thing I have ever heard in my 50 years in Christianity... as you have reduced the Holy Spirit to nothing more than prerecorded tape or echo chamber.

I said
Oh you really are ignorant aren't you. It looks like the devil has you believing he is the Holy Spirit.

Lets take it one step at a time. Here is the Holy Spirit He is the one that will teach(real Christians) by bringing to remembrance what Jesus has said already.

26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

Here we see the Holy Spirit is not allowed to speak any other way. He cant speak on His own authority but will take from Jesus(verses)

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

And this (the real) Holy Spirit is the only guarantee in the whole bible.

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

HisServant

I said
Oh you really are ignorant aren't you. It looks like the devil has you believing he is the Holy Spirit.

Lets take it one step at a time. Here is the Holy Spirit He is the one that will teach(real Christians) by bringing to remembrance what Jesus has said already.

(NKJ)

Here we see the Holy Spirit is not allowed to speak any other way. He cant speak on His own authority but will take from Jesus(verses)

No.. No... Just plain No...

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

This does not support your statement either

And this (the real) Holy Spirit is the only guarantee in the whole bible.

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

And there is no mention of future scripture to be written either.

I guess your biggest problem is that you seem to have a problem with Chronology... the Holy Spirit was given individually to Christians after Pentecost.. along with the associated gifts (speaking in tongues, prophesy, teaching, etc).

The scripture (verses as you say) did not show up till at least a century later... so in your mind, the Holy Spirit was dead for 100 years.

I think you are another candidate for my ignore list... since you are so utterly stupid. I need to learn to resist trying to argue with an idiot.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
so did Paul and Peter, and John, Luke, Mark and James. Matthew and David too. in fact, every Bible prophet and author has a lot to say about that and Jesus Christ -

2 Timothy 2:15 KJV -

and read my signature scriptures. i will change them soon - all scripture posts mean something to me personally, not just my theology. interpretation must be done, there is no other way to read and understand; comprehend, imo. i may be wrong, but you seem to mention other opinions and theologies etc, and that only comes across as bitter or that your opinions are better.

when our thought is no different than the the thought of God, we're done. impossible for us, ONLY Jesus Christ did it/does it.

The New Testament is a complex weave of actual remembered history, oral traditions passed down, theology, metaphor, myth and legend. Because I want to find out what a particular passage or verse meant to its original authors and readers, that does not make me bitter.

I am secure in Christ and that to me means I don't have to act like I know better or am "saved" and no one else is.

Your judgments of me (of being "bitter" and elitist) sound like they are more about you yourself and what you think than they are of me.

Unless another text is unearthed in the Middle East, all we have is the canon of the Bible. And it is the only record we have of Jesus, even though it is a theologically derived history.

I freely admit to cherry-picking as much as anyone else who is a Christian today. This means I have to be accountable for my thinking and my beliefs. And because the text contains discrepancies and contradictions at times, this simply means I am bound to take ALL of them seriously and should not ignore them just to keep my faith untouched.

God's Truth

Squeaky,

You have told me that I was not saved and that is blasphemy, because Jesus Christ himself saved me.

You have also spoke against love and what it means.

People blasphemy what they do not understand.

You should be more careful.

2 Peter 2:12 But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky,

You have told me that I was not saved and that is blasphemy, because Jesus Christ himself saved me.

You have also spoke against love and what it means.

People blasphemy what they do not understand.

You should be more careful.

2 Peter 2:12 But these people blaspheme in matters they do not understand.

I said
That's not true. I have never said that you was not saved. If your alive your saved.
I have never spoken against love. All I done was to show you that you don't know what love is.

God's Truth

I said
That's not true. I have never said that you was not saved. If your alive your saved.
I have never spoken against love. All I done was to show you that you don't know what love is.

If I do not know what love is, then I am not saved.

You are lost and teaching falseness.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If I do not know what love is, then I am not saved.

You are lost and teaching falseness.

I said
If you do not know what love is you don't have salvation. But you are saved so you can work out your salvation.
And find out what love is.

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

Phil 2:12
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You are lost and a blasphemer.

Being saved is the same as salvation.

I said
You know that's not true. It says saved is a gift. And it says we must work out our salvation.

12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You are speaking nonsense. What in the world are you talking about?

I said

Read the verse.

(NKJ)

vanityofvanitys

I am accused of blasphemy because I quote the Word of God. If you truly had faith in God you would also have faith in His Word.

>>One can only blaspheme by interpretation. Those who interpret from their imagination.<<

Unlike you of course. Your interpretation is the only true intended message. No doubt the Catholic Church never had a clue what they were reading. Even though it was the Church that determined which books were to be included as the inspired Word of God.

>>Well on TOL they have their own idea of what truth is. They think that their interpretation is the word of God. They think that their interpretation is truth. And they use pieces of the bible to support their own delusions.<<

But not you, of course. Well then tell me. Why are there thousands of different Protestant denominations all attesting to having the true understanding of Scripture?

I submit they do not have the proper understanding of who is “The Church” that Jesus established as His Church in Matthew 16 with Peter as its head. The Church where he gave “the keys of the kingdom” to. Not to individuals, to the Church. They are the interpreter of Scripture, not you. Yes, the Catholic Church, the one with unbroken apostolic succession. The one where Jesus said “whatsoever you hold bound on earth shall be held bound in heaven.” That is quite a command. Do you think you have been given that authority? Do you think Jesus gave you the authority to “bind or loose sins” or did he give it to His apostles and their ordained successors?

Just because the Church is made up of sinners does not discount Jesus’ covenant with His Church. And if you want more Scripture to validate that authority it is well covered. Especially the Holy Eucharist – the body and blood of Jesus Christ --- as well as the sacrament of confession, and the undoubtedly existence of purgatory. God knew there would be confusion and contentious voices, which is clearly why He made the Catholic Church His authority, not you or me.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
>>One can only blaspheme by interpretation. Those who interpret from their imagination.<<

Unlike you of course. Your interpretation is the only true intended message. No doubt the Catholic Church never had a clue what they were reading. Even though it was the Church that determined which books were to be included as the inspired Word of God.

>>Well on TOL they have their own idea of what truth is. They think that their interpretation is the word of God. They think that their interpretation is truth. And they use pieces of the bible to support their own delusions.<<

But not you, of course. Well then tell me. Why are there thousands of different Protestant denominations all attesting to having the true understanding of Scripture?

I submit they do not have the proper understanding of who is “The Church” that Jesus established as His Church in Matthew 16 with Peter as its head. The Church where he gave “the keys of the kingdom” to. Not to individuals, to the Church. They are the interpreter of Scripture, not you. Yes, the Catholic Church, the one with unbroken apostolic succession. The one where Jesus said “whatsoever you hold bound on earth shall be held bound in heaven.” That is quite a command. Do you think you have been given that authority? Do you think Jesus gave you the authority to “bind or loose sins” or did he give it to His apostles and their ordained successors?

Just because the Church is made up of sinners does not discount Jesus’ covenant with His Church. And if you want more Scripture to validate that authority it is well covered. Especially the Holy Eucharist – the body and blood of Jesus Christ --- as well as the sacrament of confession, and the undoubtedly existence of purgatory. God knew there would be confusion and contentious voices, which is clearly why He made the Catholic Church His authority, not you or me.

I said
The true church that Jesus founded is hidden and will be until His return.

Rev 12:1-13
1 Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars.
2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth.
3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads.
4 His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born.
5 She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne.
6 Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,
8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer.
9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.
11 "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
12 "Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time."
13 Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
Jesus has given me the authority to forgive some sin.

John 20:23
23 "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
He has a learning disability. He doesn't realize that, 'saved,' and, 'salvation,' are the same root word.

I said
lolo If you think saved and salvation are the same thing you are the one with the learning disability. Any idiot can see the difference.
Well I stand corrected, not any idiot.

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

vanityofvanitys

I said

23 "If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."
(NKJ)

Well that is interesting because I cannot find one protestant commentary (much less a Catholic one) that agrees with your interpretation, and yet, you are the voice of clarity for Christianity. (???)

That command was given to Jesus’ disciples when He appeared in the Upper Room after His resurrection. Not to any believer of any stripe. After all, if someone confesses their sins to you and another believer, and you forgive that sin but the other believer holds them bound, which is the one God honors? It is but one of countless conundrums for protestant theology, even though that particular one I do not assign to most of them, only you. John 20 is very much related to Mathew 16 & 18 where Jesus is establishing His Church and the ordained authority here on earth after His ascending into heaven. His many commissions were all given to His disciples. It was also done in the highest of importance because it says Jesus first breathed on them as though a special blessing or gift given to those of certain authority. The only other time in the Bible where God breathes on man is when he created and gave life to Adam. So do not think this authority to forgive sins or hold them bound was given to you. It is not in the Word, properly understood.

Beyond that, you have no arguments for all the questions or points of challenge I brought out. I am not surprised. There are many boasters of the faith like you who have no reasonable rejoinders on many specifics. So instead all I get are verses that say something marginally related, but fail to explain the one I put forth.

There are hundreds of Bible verses where your simple 1-2-3 step theology dare not tread.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I said

(NKJ)

only sins against you. you cannot forgive anyone for sins that don't involve you. you can only speak for yourself and trespasses against you. you have not been given power or authority to forgive a murderer or any sinner; you can only do that in your mind. the sinner is forgiven because of Christ; not you -

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Well that is interesting because I cannot find one protestant commentary (much less a Catholic one) that agrees with your interpretation, and yet, you are the voice of clarity for Christianity. (???)

That command was given to Jesus’ disciples when He appeared in the Upper Room after His resurrection. Not to any believer of any stripe. After all, if someone confesses their sins to you and another believer, and you forgive that sin but the other believer holds them bound, which is the one God honors? It is but one of countless conundrums for protestant theology, even though that particular one I do not assign to most of them, only you. John 20 is very much related to Mathew 16 & 18 where Jesus is establishing His Church and the ordained authority here on earth after His ascending into heaven. His many commissions were all given to His disciples. It was also done in the highest of importance because it says Jesus first breathed on them as though a special blessing or gift given to those of certain authority. The only other time in the Bible where God breathes on man is when he created and gave life to Adam. So do not think this authority to forgive sins or hold them bound was given to you. It is not in the Word, properly understood.

Beyond that, you have no arguments for all the questions or points of challenge I brought out. I am not surprised. There are many boasters of the faith like you who have no reasonable rejoinders on many specifics. So instead all I get are verses that say something marginally related, but fail to explain the one I put forth.

There are hundreds of Bible verses where your simple 1-2-3 step theology dare not tread.

I said
I do feel sorry for you catholics. And don't forget this in Matt.

Matt 16:23
23 But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."
(NKJ)

Matt 18:6-9
6 "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7 "Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!
8 "If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.
9 "And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.
(NKJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.