Blasphemy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
only sins against you. you cannot forgive anyone for sins that don't involve you. you can only speak for yourself and trespasses against you. you have not been given power or authority to forgive a murderer or any sinner; you can only do that in your mind. the sinner is forgiven because of Christ; not you -

I said
I don't think you even understand the verse. If we are going to be Christians we must forgive everyone of sin. Or WE will not be forgiven.

Matt 16:23
23 But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."
(NKJ)

Matt 18:6-9
6 "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7 "Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!
8 "If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.
9 "And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.
(NKJ)

Matt 6:14-15
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
(NKJ)

Matt 18:35
35 "So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses."
(NKJ)

Mark 11:25-26
25 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
26 "But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)

OCTOBER23

SQUEAKY WILL BE IN GOD'S KINGDOM.

GROSNICK WILL HAVE TO REPENT.

YOU HAVE 9 YEARS LEFT TO REPENT GROSNICK.

Work out your own salvation .

vanityofvanitys

I said
I do feel sorry for you catholics. And don't forget this in Matt.

23 But He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you are not mindful of the things of God, but the things of men."
(NKJ)

6 "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7 "Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!
8 "If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire.
9 "And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.
(NKJ)

IMO, you are a self-deceived misguided believer. Incapable of honest discourse, consequently, quite boring.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I said
I don't think you even understand the verse. If we are going to be Christians we must forgive everyone of sin. Or WE will not be forgiven.

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

Matt 6:14-15
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
(NKJ)

Matt 18:35
35 "So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses."
(NKJ)

Mark 11:25-26
25 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
26 "But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:19
19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
(NKJ)

we are forgiven by the blood of Christ. read my signature verses, and many more. btw, i forgive trespasses against me, not sins of strangers against other strangers. you and me have nothing to do with God's forgiveness. if you forgive hitler is hitler ok ? does that affect your standing with God ? no, if you can't forgive the holocaust it has nothing to do with you still being forgiven your sins. you can't forgive strangers is what i'm saying. you can't forgive someone that you never met, knew or did nothing wrong to you. i'm saying if i sin against my brother (not you) - YOU CANNOT forgive me. maybe you misunderstand the entire Bible, you are a lone Wolf -:patrol:

EPHESIANS 1:7 KJV -

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
we are forgiven by the blood of Christ. read my signature verses, and many more. btw, i forgive trespasses against me, not sins of strangers against other strangers. you and me have nothing to do with God's forgiveness. if you forgive hitler is hitler ok ? does that affect your standing with God ? no, if you can't forgive the holocaust it has nothing to do with you still being forgiven your sins. you can't forgive strangers is what i'm saying. you can't forgive someone that you never met, knew or did nothing wrong to you. i'm saying if i sin against my brother (not you) - YOU CANNOT forgive me. maybe you misunderstand the entire Bible, you are a lone Wolf -:patrol:

EPHESIANS 1:7 KJV -

I said
You don't really understand forgiveness do you. Its a good thing Jesus and Stephen knew the truth. I wouldn't have been able to get it from you.

Luke 23:34
34 Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." And they divided His garments and cast lots.
(NKJ)

Acts 7:58-60
58 and they cast him out of the city and stoned him. And the witnesses laid down their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul.
59 And they stoned Stephen as he was calling on God and saying, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."
60 Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not charge them with this sin." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Does anyone on this board know what they call blasphemy? I would like to know because they keep banning me for it but won't explain what it is.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Does anyone on this board know what they call blasphemy? I would like to know because they keep banning me for it but won't explain what it is.

They have their own definition for blasphemy. This is their forum and you don't have choice on their decision.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The definition of blasphemy on TOL:

How DARE you have different thoughts than I do!

A tyranny will always try to destroy nuance and democratic diversity. The dictator needs his world to be in black and white.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The definition of blasphemy on TOL:

How DARE you have different thoughts than I do!

A tyranny will always try to destroy nuance and democratic diversity. The dictator needs his world to be in black and white.

I said
That would make the people that say that blasphemers themselves for saying that.

According to the word of God. When Jesus said the Father is the only true God, anything outside of that is blasphemy.

John 17:1-3

1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

And anything outside of what Paul said. For us there is only one God the Father. Would be blasphemy.

1 Cor 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Remember they have tried to kill the messenger over and over. But they cant kill the message. so getting rid of me isn't going to change the truth.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I said
That would make the people that say that blasphemers themselves for saying that.

According to the word of God. When Jesus said the Father is the only true God, anything outside of that is blasphemy.

John 17:1-3

1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

And anything outside of what Paul said. For us there is only one God the Father. Would be blasphemy.

1 Cor 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)
But Jesus never said to believe in "a one true God."
In fact, he didn't urge us to believe in anything but the Kingdom of God which is supposedly "in our midst" as Luke observes.

"Belief in a one true God" is theology, not what Jesus offered. He did not "believe in" God, as I see it. He knew God and showed his knowledge by speaking in parables.

And sorry I have to be blunt: the Jesus in the Gospel of John is not the authentic Jesus. It is full of early Christian theology written around the year 100. A simple comparison with the accounts of Mark, Luke and Matthew will bear this out. It is a massive scholarly consensus that explains this. In fact, John was so wedded to his agenda of a blood sacrifice of the Lamb of God that he moves the day of Jesus's death back one full 24-hour period to the Day of Preparation instead of on Passover as reported on in Mark, Luke and Matthew.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
But Jesus never said to believe in "a one true God."
In fact, he didn't urge us to believe in anything but the Kingdom of God which is supposedly "in our midst" as Luke observes.

"Belief in a one true God" is theology, not what Jesus offered. He did not "believe in" God, as I see it. He knew God and showed his knowledge by speaking in parables.

And sorry I have to be blunt: the Jesus in the Gospel of John is not the authentic Jesus. It is full of early Christian theology written around the year 100. A simple comparison with the accounts of Mark, Luke and Matthew will bear this out. It is a massive scholarly consensus that explains this. In fact, John was so wedded to his agenda of a blood sacrifice of the Lamb of God that he moves the day of Jesus's death back one full 24-hour period to the Day of Preparation instead of on Passover as reported on in Mark, Luke and Matthew.

I said
Boy your away out there is la la land.

1 Cor 11:1-3

1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.
2 Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you.
3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
(NKJ)

1 Pet 2:21
21 For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
(NKJ)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I said
Boy your away out there is la la land.

Know what you're talking about. READ some historical scholarship in our Christian tradition. It has been in the public arena since the late 1700s by people who know what they are talking about.

You can say I am "out there" but it is not a fair statement given the historical methodology that is used to study the ancient past. Biblical illiteracy is an unfortunate consequence of knowledge passed down from "human authority" to "human authority" to the people in the pews.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Know what you're talking about. READ some historical scholarship in our Christian tradition. It has been in the public arena since the late 1700s by people who know what they are talking about.

You can say I am "out there" but it is not a fair statement given the historical methodology that is used to study the ancient past. Biblical illiteracy is an unfortunate consequence of knowledge passed down from "human authority" to "human authority" to the people in the pews.

I said
I'm sorry you might think they know what their talking about with traditions. But I know better.

Mark 7:5-9
elders, but eat bread with unwashed hands?"
6 He answered and said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: 'This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
7 And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'
8 "For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men-- the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do."
9 And He said to them, "All too well you reject the commandment of God, that you may keep your tradition.
(NKJ)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I said
I'm sorry you might think they know what their talking about with traditions. But I know better.
The ball is in your court.

The best historians use the facts, evidence and honest data that is actually there in the text. They make their conjectures and show their methodology out in the open for peer and public review.
They are unafraid to follow the truth wherever it leads them and their research is not clouded by dogma.

Historians take the exalted titles applied to Jesus the same way they take the exalted titles of Caesar.

Both Jesus and Augustus were known as Lord, Savior of the World, divine and born of a virgin. Unless you're willing to acknowledge to both historical figures as heroes with supernatural characteristics, then there is no difference between facts and faith, is there?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The ball is in your court.

The best historians use the facts, evidence and honest data that is actually there in the text. They make their conjectures and show their methodology out in the open for peer and public review.
They are unafraid to follow the truth wherever it leads them and their research is not clouded by dogma.

Historians take the exalted titles applied to Jesus the same way they take the exalted titles of Caesar.

Both Jesus and Augustus were known as Lord, Savior of the World, divine and born of a virgin. Unless you're willing to acknowledge to both historical figures as heroes with supernatural characteristics, then there is no difference between facts and faith, is there?

I said
lol Well you have a right to your own opinion. But I don't share it.

Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol Well you have a right to your own opinion. But I don't share it.

Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
(NKJ)
My opinion is forged in Christian history. Make no mistake: Christianity is, like it or not, a historical faith about which certain actual events in time have occurred. The ability to separate faith from facts, evidence from interpretation and data from theology is essential if we are to climb out of the miasma of biblical illiteracy most Christians have today.

Status
Not open for further replies.