Biden/Harris 2020

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And such people are, perhaps unthinkingly, making "pro-life" into a dirty word.

That a sitting president would tweet such a cruel, ageist, sociopathic meme as sod amplified just above your post illustrates well how Trump only pretends to care about seniors. Seniors only matter to Trump if they can help him in any way. Those elderly people are someone's loved ones and he reduced their humanity to a punchline. It's what I'd expect from Trump and from sod.

Arthur Brain

No Joke About it, thats where Joe belongs, running around sniffing hair of the residents.

I watched him lost on srage a few days ago, on camera while campaigning he stated?

(I'm Running As A Proud Democrat For The Senate)

Seriously, a seven second clip that isn't even making news outside of far right wingnut sources? Do you have any idea of the gamut of gaffes that the current tangerine twit has made in the last near 4 years of office on the world stage? His latest rally where he's claiming immunity and holding a super spreader event and how he could kiss everybody? It really is sad to see the braindead crowd waving their flags both literally and figuratively.

:sigh:

Arthur Brain

That a sitting president would tweet such a cruel, ageist, sociopathic meme as sod amplified just above your post illustrates well how Trump only pretends to care about seniors. Seniors only matter to Trump if they can help him in any way. Those elderly people are someone's loved ones and he reduced their humanity to a punchline. It's what I'd expect from Trump and from sod.

It's more than telling where it comes to Trump and his mindless supporters isn't it? He gets a free pass no matter what with some. He can lie about anything and justify anything and they'll just lap it up and enjoy it even....

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It's more than telling where it comes to Trump and his mindless supporters isn't it? He gets a free pass no matter what with some. He can lie about anything and justify anything and they'll just lap it up and enjoy it even....

It comes back to 'owning the libs' and they've abandoned any principle in the process.

Arthur Brain

It comes back to 'owning the libs' and they've abandoned any principle in the process.

It really is pathetic and bemusing all at once. Over here, it's more common for cynicism where it comes to politics but in America, it really is something else. I'm not saying that there isn't a good bit of cynicism across the pond that will hopefully sink the current administration but wow, there's a lot of mindless MAGA drones...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It really is pathetic and bemusing all at once. Over here, it's more common for cynicism where it comes to politics but in America, it really is something else. I'm not saying that there isn't a good bit of cynicism across the pond that will hopefully sink the current administration but wow, there's a lot of mindless MAGA drones...

Can't blame you for being bemused. If it helps at all, the underbelly was always there, it's just had four years of political permission to flaunt it.

Arthur Brain

Can't blame you for being bemused. If it helps at all, the underbelly was always there, it's just had four years of political permission to flaunt it.

It's like when people would throw criticism at Boris Johnson and expect me to be annoyed by it. Then be surprised that I was absolutely all okay with that, would agree with it and even criticism of UK politics in general including the opposition. Your latter probably accounts for it unfortunately.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
HELENA, Mont. — The U.S. Postal Service agreed Wednesday to reverse changes that slowed mail service nationwide, settling a lawsuit filed by Montana Gov. Steve Bullock during a pandemic that is expected to force many more people to vote by mail.

The lawsuit filed against Postmaster General Louis DeJoy and the U.S. Postal Service on Sept. 9 argued changes implemented in June harmed access to mail services in Montana, resulting in delayed delivery of medical prescriptions, payments, and job applications, and impeding the ability of Montana residents to vote by mail.

The postal service agreed to reverse all changes, which included reduced retail hours, removal of collection boxes and mail sorting machines, closure or consolidation of mail processing facilities, restriction of late or extra trips for timely mail delivery, and banning or restricting overtime.

The agreement also requires the Postal Service to prioritize election mail.

The settlement agreement was reached a day ahead of a hearing in the U.S. District Court in Great Falls. It applies to all states.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
It seems that the republican establishment thought that perhaps they could use Trump (who after all, isn't very smart, and seems to believe whoever talked to him last) to get their agenda. And the deficit-ballooning tax cut for the rich did happen. But Trump is too fickle and impulsive to predict; and some of his impluses killed a lot of Americans.

That will be his legacy, and the legacy of the republican leaders who enabled him.