Biden/Harris 2020

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I was really hoping a moderate partisan candidate would run. My mother, a die-hard democrat said she will not vote for either of these. It is an important sign. She's voted democrat her entire life, will not vote for the Biden ticket (and she likes Biden, even with his faults that she is well aware of).

Eh. I know of 5 people now in my circle who won't be voting for Trump a second time, and 4 of the 5 said they're voting for Biden.

Lon

Eh. I know of 5 people now in my circle who won't be voting for Trump a second time, and 4 of the 5 said they're voting for Biden.

Interesting. We'll see what happens. Democrats were very optimistic last term and I certainly didn't vote for Trump.

What does she dislike about the Biden ticket?

I don't know. She voted for Obama twice (as I said, nothing but Democrats, even against Regan. It has something to do with Harris, and not at all the color of her skin (obviously, when she voted Obama).

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I don't know. She voted for Obama twice (as I said, nothing but Democrats, even against Regan. It has something to do with Harris, and not at all the color of her skin (obviously, when she voted Obama).

Harris (and Hillary) have strong personalities - I would find them off-putting regardless of their political positions

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
https://twitter.com/FrancisBrennan/s...919912449?s=20

Screen-Shot-2020-09-06-at-1-38-21-PM.png
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Joe Biden has just come from church and he's going into the cemetery where his first wife and two children are buried, and Trump's slimeball of a campaign official is ridiculing him. For what? For why? Because Brennan's a slimeball and his boss is a slimeball and white evangelicals are so okay with it all.

ok doser

https://twitter.com/FrancisBrennan/s...919912449?s=20

Screen-Shot-2020-09-06-at-1-38-21-PM.png
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Joe Biden has just come from church and he's going into the cemetery where his first wife and two children are buried, and Trump's slimeball of a campaign official is ridiculing him. For what? For why? Because Brennan's a slimeball and his boss is a slimeball and white evangelicals are so okay with it all.

Watched the vid, didn't see him visit any grave :idunno:

fake news

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You'd think he'd want to abandon office considering...

He can’t. He knows his freedom from prosecution is dependent on being able to rig the legal,system. Barr is his Roy Cohn.

If he can’t steal the election, he will be dragged from WH kicking and screaming. Then he will find a national podium to spew his hate in hopes of inciting more violence.

Last edited:

ok doser

He can’t. He knows his freedom from prosecution is dependent in being able to rig the legal,system. Barr is his Roy Cohn.

If he can’t steal the election, he will be dragged from WH kicking and screaming. Then he will find a national podium to spew his hate in hopes of inciting violence.

:darwinsm:

You're insane

Arthur Brain

He can’t. He knows his freedom from prosecution is dependent in being able to rig the legal,system. Barr is his Roy Cohn.

If he can’t steal the election, he will be dragged from WH kicking and screaming. Then he will find a national podium to spew his hate in hopes of inciting more violence.

Well, he'll certainly be throwing tantrums one way or the other if he loses. He may even finally have to reveal his tax returns...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, he'll certainly be throwing tantrums one way or the other if he loses. He may even finally have to reveal his tax returns...

Eventually karma will catch up to trump. He is the most hated POTUS (put in power by virtue of Russia) to ever hold office. His eventual fall comes under the category of deservedness ...

Arthur Brain

Eventually karma will catch up to trump. He is the most hated POTUS (put in power by virtue of Russia) to ever hold office. His eventual fall comes under the category of deservedness ...

Oh, history will not look kindly on this phase in America. Just truly astounding.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Speaking only for myself, I walked in pro-life marches or prayed in front of abortion clinics (not confrontationally) for many years, beginning as a young teen. I stopped going about 10 years ago or so, for a multiple of reasons. I believe that abortion is the murder of a yet to be born baby. I know what it's like to carry a baby within me and I loved those babies from the moment I knew of their existence. Babies have a right to be born, and my bodily autonomy ends where my child's begins. I cannot emphasize that enough.

To quote jgarden,

Given that it is only God that can judge as to what is in the heart of each individual...

I suppose, if what he says is true, then nobody ought to judge sincerity to be in your heart in your saying what you said above. For my part, though, I have no qualm with judging you to be sincere, therein. That's good stuff, what you said. Top-notch. Which means, of course, that I suppose I owe you an apology for having, heretofore, mistaken you to be pro-abortion! So, please forgive my ignorance on that point, and the particular belligerence of mine that (if my memory is accurate) it has previously engendered toward some of your postings. I don't mind eating some crow, here. :)

Now, your post was in response to User Name's post, in which he was telling you, and me, and others who recognize that abortion is murder, that we don't really believe that abortion is murder:

You may as well get off your disingenuous soapbox because you don't really believe that abortion is murder. None of you do. If you did, you'd grab your guns and go out and stop abortions from happening by force. But perhaps you're too pacifistic to do that.

Not only that, but it seems he is telling you, and me, and others who recognize that abortion is murder, that we are morally obligated to "grab our guns and go out and stop abortions from happening by force":

If you say that abortion = murder, then you have the moral obligation to act accordingly. How and when do you plan to do so?

According to User Name, to go shoot abortionists and blow up Planned Parenthood buildings is what it is to "act accordingly" with saying that abortion is murder, and that, if you're not doing those things, then you do not really believe that abortion is murder.

But, perhaps you can see how, by the same poor thinking, he accuses himself of not really believing that murder is murder:

may as well get off [my] disingenuous soapbox because don't really believe that [murder] is murder. None of [me does]. If did, 'd grab [my] guns and go out and stop [murders] from happening by force. But perhaps [I'm] too pacifistic to do that.

Suppose User Name would like to say that, at least some of the time, the killing of a man by cops is murder. But, according to User Name's faulty notion, above, unless User Name is out following cops around, prepared to stop them by force from murdering people, User Name doesn't really believe that any killing done by cops is murder. According to User Name's thinking, every one of the bystanders looking on at the killing of George Floyd is someone who doesn't really believe that the killing of George Floyd was murder, since none of them used force to stop the cops from killing George Floyd.

ok doser

To quote jgarden,

I suppose, if what he says is true, then nobody ought to judge sincerity to be in your heart in your saying what you said above. For my part, though, I have no qualm with judging you to be sincere, therein. That's good stuff, what you said. Top-notch. Which means, of course, that I suppose I owe you an apology for having, heretofore, mistaken you to be pro-abortion! So, please forgive my ignorance on that point, and the particular belligerence of mine that (if my memory is accurate) it has previously engendered toward some of your postings. I don't mind eating some crow, here. :)

Now, your post was in response to User Name's post, in which he was telling you, and me, and others who recognize that abortion is murder, that we don't really believe that abortion is murder:

Not only that, but it seems he is telling you, and me, and others who recognize that abortion is murder, that we are morally obligated to "grab our guns and go out and stop abortions from happening by force":

According to User Name, to go shoot abortionists and blow up Planned Parenthood buildings is what it is to "act accordingly" with saying that abortion is murder, and that, if you're not doing those things, then you do not really believe that abortion is murder.

But, perhaps you can see how, by the same poor thinking, he accuses himself of not really believing that murder is murder:

Suppose User Name would like to say that, at least some of the time, the killing of a man by cops is murder. But, according to User Name's faulty notion, above, unless User Name is out following cops around, prepared to stop them by force from murdering people, User Name doesn't really believe that any killing done by cops is murder. According to User Name's thinking, every one of the bystanders looking on at the killing of George Floyd is someone who doesn't really believe that the killing of George Floyd was murder, since none of them used force to stop the cops from killing George Floyd.

username is demonstrably retarded, which is why I ignore him

and anna supports politicians who pass legislation allowing the murder of children minutes before they're born

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I appreciate your apology, thank you.

Yes, I'm pro-life in belief and practice.

Yes, I will vote for a candidate who is not (principle of double effect).

I don't agree with User Name, I have no doubt that the people he had in mind really do believe abortion is murder. Most aren't going to grab their guns and go to the nearest abortion clinic, although some out there will, and some have. That's also murder.