Biden/Harris 2020

Arthur Brain

... was nothing compared to how badly de Blasio and Cuomo handled it.

And Boris :chuckle:

Oh, I'm not going to claim that Boris handled it well. He didn't. There's the difference. I'm not some wingnut who regards a country's leader with some ill deserved adulation...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Seeing as how AG Barr can't decide if it's illegal to vote twice in the same election...

EhAkoexU0AAXotN

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I can see why you're so eager to talk about Trump considering what a disaster Biden is. :chuckle:

Meanwhile I'll stick to the OP and keep reminding people what a disaster Biden and Harris are. :)

Arthur Brain

I can see why you're so eager to talk about Trump considering what a disaster Biden is. :chuckle:

Meanwhile I'll stick to the OP and keep reminding people what a disaster Biden and Harris are. :)

Why not. While you're at it, you can point out how utterly insane it is to suggest the possibility of injecting or ingesting disinfectant to cure Covid-19...

Like Biden did:

“I can’t believe I have to say this, but please don’t drink bleach,”

And obviously several other people/politicians/companies etc...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisett...ters-most-liked-tweet-this-week/#5b91976330c0

:dunce:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why not. While you're at it, you can point out how utterly insane it is to suggest the possibility of injecting or ingesting disinfectant to cure Covid-19...

Like Biden did:

“I can’t believe I have to say this, but please don’t drink bleach,”

And obviously several other people/politicians/companies etc...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisett...ters-most-liked-tweet-this-week/#5b91976330c0

:dunce:

Yep ... that one, along with his well deserved impeachment, will be making it into the history books under the title of “When America Lost It’s Mind” ...

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
61 more days until 4 more years :)

Better stock up on puppies and Kleenex. :chuckle:

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Michael Gerson, conservative and former speechwriter for G.W. Bush:

“Here is the uncomfortable reality. I do not believe that most evangelicals are racists, but every strong Trump supporter has decided that racism is not a moral disqualification in the president of the United States, and that is something more than a political compromise. It is a revelation of moral priorities.”

This gets back to my question at the beginning about pragmatism vs. belief, because some people might say, “Yeah, the way Trump’s talked about race is bad, but he is delivering on policy.” And other people might say, “No, I think this guy’s speaking up against political correctness,” or whatever the euphemism is regarding Trump.

I think that the political case is inadequate. I think there are short-term benefits from this alliance, but I think the association of evangelicalism with ethnopopulism in the medium to long term is absolutely disastrous from the perspective of issues that evangelicals care about. I mean, it undermines pro-life argumentation to associate with misogyny. It undermines basic arguments like family values if you’re engaged in nativist exclusion. These things are related to one another. From a purely political perspective, this is foolish, but ultimately if you’re a leader, an evangelical leader, there’s something more at stake here. You’re discrediting a set of views that are really important. You’re associating your faith with bias and white grievance, and that is a very serious matter.