Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
@daqq Is this from an unaccepted or phony book of Enoch? What site do you find the accepted books or chapters? I'll delete this if it's fake.

CHAPTER XVIII

1. I saw the treasuries of all the winds: I saw how He had furnished with them the whole creation and the firm foundations of the earth. 2. And I saw the corner-stone of the earth: I saw the four winds which bear [the earth and] the firmament of the heaven. 3. ⌈⌈And I saw how the winds stretch out the vaults of heaven⌉⌉, and have their station between heaven and earth: ⌈⌈these are the
p. 45
pillars of the heaven⌉⌉. 4. I saw the winds of heaven which turn and bring the circumference of the sun and all the stars to their setting. 5. I saw the winds on the earth carrying the clouds: I saw ⌈⌈the paths of the angels. I saw⌉⌉ at the end of the earth the firmament of the heaven above. And I proceeded and saw a place which burns day and night, where there are seven mountains of magnificent stones, three towards the east, and three towards the south. 7. And as for those towards the east, one was of coloured stone, and one of pearl, and one of jacinth, and those towards the south of red stone. 8. But the middle one reached to heaven like the throne of God, of alabaster, and the summit of the throne was of sapphire. 9. And I saw a flaming fire. And beyond these mountains 10. is a region the end of the great earth: there the heavens were completed. 11. And I saw a deep abyss, with columns ⌈⌈of heavenly fire, and among them I saw columns⌉⌉ of fire fall, which were beyond measure alike towards the height and towards the depth. 12. And beyond that abyss I saw a place which had no firmament of the heaven above, and no firmly founded earth beneath it: there was no water upon it, and no birds, but it was a waste and horrible place. 13. I saw there seven stars like great burning mountains, and to me, when I inquired regarding them, 14. The angel said: 'This place is the end of heaven and earth: this has become a prison for the stars and the host of heaven. 15. And the stars which roll over the fire are they which have transgressed the commandment of the Lord in the beginning of their rising, because they did not come forth at their appointed times. 16. And He was wroth with them, and bound them till the time when their guilt should be consummated (even) for ten thousand years.'

Last edited by a moderator:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=1]"THE FLAT EARTH WON'T SAVE YOU..." [Dean Odle][/h]

From Video Description : Despite having numerous personal disagreements with various aspects of the recent Flat Earth Conference, a friend managed to convince me to listen to Dean Odle's closing presentation, and I was so glad he did, because I have to admit, he absolutely NAILED IT. So much so that I felt compelled to make this little "tribute" video. To listen to the entire presentation, find it here: https://youtu.be/RXQxZt2u47k

16 minutes - Good Stuff

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
There is a big difference between misunderstanding and reading in to it what you want to find. Though you end up in the same place either way.
I don't believe that. I'm only seeing what is plainly written. God stopped the sun and moon for about a whole day but He didn't stop the earth or anything else in your vast 14 billion light year wide "universe" - that should tell you something.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't believe that. I'm only seeing what is plainly written. God stopped the sun and moon for about a whole day but He didn't stop the earth or anything else in your vast 14 billion light year wide "universe" - that should tell you something.
Your belief system is trying to force scripture to mean what you want it to mean.

FYI, God can stop the sun by stopping the earth. He doesn't need to word it the way that you want it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Your belief system is trying to force scripture to mean what you want it to mean.

FYI, God can stop the sun by stopping the earth. He doesn't need to word it the way that you want it.
It's not even close to being about what I WANT the scriptures to say, it's what they clearly say. I'm surprised you see the globe you want, in the book.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
It's not even close to being about what i WANT the scriptures to say, it's what they clearly say. I'm surprised you the globe you want in the book.
I have no "want" of any particular version of the earth. But it is clear from observable evidence that the earth is NOT flat.

CherubRam

I have a conspiracy thread for Fake videos of earth from "outer space" or Dave's flat earth thread. There's also one by User Name, all of those are for "scientific" and Fake Globe images. I actually enjoy those Fake videos of a globe, it bolsters my evidence. This thread is most always scriptural as the OP indicates. Thank you. :e4e:

Star Trek was better than that. Wow are you globers are suckers.

We are able to see with a telescope that all of the planets are spheres.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
These few scriptures from Romans could also speak to what is possibly one of the biggest deceptions in the history of mankind since the garden. For thousands of years people thought the earth was flat and fixed, immovable, like God says. People thought the sun moved around the earth not the opposite. See Psalm 19 on this page. We thought that mankind and the earth were the center and focus of God's greatest creation. These verses are about hiding the truth of God from the public and how we can know God by what we see and sense.

Romans 1:18-25 KJV - For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Ephesians 6:12-13 KJV - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

The "bright light" in Hebrew means the sun - in the clouds.

Job 35:21 KJV - And now men see not the bright light which is in the clouds: but the wind passeth, and cleanseth them.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
God says the sun has a circuit and hastens back to the place where he arose. Never says circuit or path for the earth. What about the Four Corners of the earth, the four quarters of the earth? If the flat enclosed earth model, the earth is at the center, based on the flat earth maps we have, and we think nobody has traveled far beyond the ice wall that surrounds what we call earth, so then we can imagine how far the frozen and unknown land stretches. It could be thousands of miles and doesn't necessarily have to be circular in shape. It could be a circle squared, similar to the image below. In the other image, imagine how much frozen land can extend beyond the circle of the flat inhabitable earth. God stretches out the north over the "empty place" and hangs the earth on nothing. Hangs on nothing could mean the earth doesn't hang at all and if it does it is then hanging suspended IN the firmament in a globe model, but God never says that either. Also, it could be that the North is frozen and empty. Explorers and ships reported 4 rivers coming out around the center of the flat earth, as a pump that sucks water in and pushes water back out. It is described as mysterious and amazing, look up some history on that. So if the sun is a strong man running a race, that means the sun goes around the earth, the center and focus of God's greatest creation. We know the sun has a circuit, but not the earth. God prepared the earth is a tabernacle for the sun and the sun is the bridegroom. Then we also have the sun going TO THE END OF THE HEAVEN. ISN'T THAT 14 BILLION LIGHT YEARS AWAY???!!! In the "circle squared" image, forget about the numbers and the pyramid and instead simply picture the circle squared with earth as we know it is in the center.

Ecclesiastes 1:5-10 KJV - The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose. 6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.
7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.
8 All things are full of labour; man cannot utter it: the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing.
9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

Isaiah 14:12-17 KJV - 12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Job 26 KJV - But Job answered and said,
2 How hast thou helped him that is without power? how savest thou the arm that hath no strength?
3 How hast thou counselled him that hath no wisdom? and how hast thou plentifully declared the thing as it is?
4 To whom hast thou uttered words? and whose spirit came from thee?
5 Dead things are formed from under the waters, and the inhabitants thereof.
6 Hell is naked before him, and destruction hath no covering.
7He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
8 He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not rent under them.
9 He holdeth back the face of his throne, and spreadeth his cloud upon it.
10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.
11 The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.
12 He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud.
13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.
14 Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?

Psalm 19:1-7 KJV - The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

Revelation 20:8-9 KJV - And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Revelation 7:1 KJV - And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Acts 10:11 KJV - And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

KJV Dictionary Definition: circuit

circuit

CIRCUIT, n.
1. The act of moving or passing round; as the periodical circuit of the earth round the sun, or of the moon round the earth. (wrong: the sun moves around the earth)
circuiteer

CIRCUITEER, n. One that travels a circuit.
circuition

CIRCUITION, n. The act of going round; compass; circumlocution.
circuitous

CIRCUITOUS, a. Going round in a circuit; not direct; as a circuitous road or course.

CIRCUIT - Definition from the KJV Dictionary - AV1611.Com

322e8fa5a55254486b6bd8f4a538b472.jpg

5ea9f38a2ebbf16e5b3d0e9beb9dd684.jpg

681027240325703517e9ac5afa00cb29.jpg
Refresher Bump

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@patrick jane , You need to stop reposting the same post 'refresher bumps' Additionally stop using the large and bolded fonts. You can use color to draw attention, but the large and bold fonts can mess with some browsers and platforms. If I see anymore of the huge fonts and 'bumps' I will lock this thread. You reposted the same posts multiple times. That's spam.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
@patrick jane , You need to stop reposting the same post 'refresher bumps' Additionally stop using the large and bolded fonts. You can use color to draw attention, but the large and bold fonts can mess with some browsers and platforms. If I see anymore of the huge fonts and 'bumps' I will lock this thread. You reposted the same posts multiple times. That's spam.
No problem. Can I still make new posts with some scriptures I've already used?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Please try to come up with something new. This thread is getting repetitive. I am close to shutting it down.
I understand your disgust with my threads about flat earth and I'll do better. I had most of the same feelings about it until about a month ago. A logical question would be: Do the posters who repeatedly preach and teach false doctrines and poor interpretations and use the same statements and scriptures over and over get "policed" like my threads? It seems if you draw this line, then many members and registered users would fall victim to a policy such as that. Biblical flat earth and firmament is not a doctrine and considering the possibility certainly points to a creator and would mean we ARE special, created by God, and places the Lord Jesus Christ at the center of any doctrine. The rules are the rules and I can't control them. I do hope you consider the implications and the precedent that would be set for free speech on TOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.