Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament

Status
Not open for further replies.

daqq

Maybe you'll see later that I posted Isaiah 24 before you. Explained. Try and keep up.

Hate to break it to you but you are posting miles of scripture in every post without any knowledge of what you are posting. Of course you posted it first: you are getting near to having the whole Bible posted in this thread, as if that proves a flat earth theory. Isaiah 24 speaks of a pole shift, and Amos and others speak of the same, and again, it was fulfilled at Golgotha, and that can be shown by those who understand those passages: and a pole shift, such as what happened when the sundial of Ahaz was turned back, can only happen on a globe earth which is spinning. So what does it matter if you posted Isa24 first but had no understanding of what you were posting? Likewise all of your supposed Hebrew experts who say that ancient Hebrew cosmology speaks of a flat earth are engaged in buffoonery because they imagine themselves to be wiser and smarter than God and His Prophets, (which include Moses).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hate to break it to you but you are posting miles of scripture in every post without any knowledge of what you are posting. Of course you posted it first: you are getting near to having the whole Bible posted in this thread, as if that proves a flat earth theory. Isaiah 24 speaks of a pole shift, and Amos and others speak of the same, and again, it was fulfilled at Golgotha, and that can be shown by those who understand those passages: and a pole shift, such as what happened when the sundial of Ahaz was turned back, can only happen on a globe earth which is spinning. So what does it matter if you posted Isa24 first but had no understanding of what you were posting? Likewise all of your supposed Hebrew experts who say that ancient Hebrew cosmology speaks of a flat earth are engaged in buffoonery because they imagine themselves to be wiser and smarter than God and His Prophets, (which include Moses).
You're on my pay no mind list, I'm not even reading what you post.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Isaiah 24 - KJV -
Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.
2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.
3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lordhath spoken this word.
4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.
5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.
6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.
7 The new wine mourneth, the vine languisheth, all the merryhearted do sigh.
8 The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of them that rejoice endeth, the joy of the harp ceaseth.
9 They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it.
10 The city of confusion is broken down: every house is shut up, that no man may come in.
11 There is a crying for wine in the streets; all joy is darkened, the mirth of the land is gone.
12 In the city is left desolation, and the gate is smitten with destruction.
13 When thus it shall be in the midst of the land among the people, there shall be as the shaking of an olive tree, and as the gleaning grapes when the vintage is done.
14 They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the Lord, they shall cry aloud from the sea.
15 Wherefore glorify ye the Lord in the fires, even the name of the LordGod of Israel in the isles of the sea.
16 From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.
17 Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, Oinhabitant of the earth.
18 And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.
19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

The Lord does these things - Not gravity and "orbits" flying through "outer space"

Last edited by a moderator:

daqq

You're on my pay no mind list, I'm not even reading what you post.

Isaiah 24 - KJV -
Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.
2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.
3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lordhath spoken this word.
4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.
5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.
6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.
7 The new wine mourneth, the vine languisheth, all the merryhearted do sigh.
8 The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of them that rejoice endeth, the joy of the harp ceaseth.
9 They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it.
10 The city of confusion is broken down: every house is shut up, that no man may come in.
11 There is a crying for wine in the streets; all joy is darkened, the mirth of the land is gone.
12 In the city is left desolation, and the gate is smitten with destruction.
13 When thus it shall be in the midst of the land among the people, there shall be as the shaking of an olive tree, and as the gleaning grapes when the vintage is done.
14 They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the Lord, they shall cry aloud from the sea.
15 Wherefore glorify ye the Lord in the fires, even the name of the LordGod of Israel in the isles of the sea.
16 From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.
17 Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, Oinhabitant of the earth.
18 And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.
19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.
21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.
22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.
23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

The Lord does these things - Not gravity and "orbits" flying through "outer space"

Uh, yeah, I saw the Isa24 post on the previous page and surmise that you probably also already posted the same much earlier in the thread if not multiple times. Too bad you did not read what I said. Perhaps I may start my own thread on this subject matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
As far "posting the whole Bible" believe it or not, not every scripture I post has something to do with flat earth and those should be obvious. I post some off topic scriptures because it's inspirational. Your interpretations are quite strange. You SEE a globe written all over scripture yet YOU have to "describe" THINGS as something that is not even close to what scripture saith. Stop spamming up this thread that I started and START YOUR OWN THREAD AS A COUNTER TO THIS ONE. BLESS THE HELPLESS IN YOUR OWN THREADS.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So, I think daqq thinks these scriptures clearly say the earth is tilted on an axis, spinning and flying through "outer space" and God STOPPED THE EARTH TOO, but doesn't mention that. Nor does God mention stopping anything else in the firmament (cosmos). Daqq thinks his beloved flying spinning ball is clearly described here and in many other related and connected scriptures that he's yet to provide for anybody.

Joshua 10:11-13 KJV -
And it came to pass, as they fled from before Israel, and were in the going down to Bethhoron, that the Lord cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword.

12 Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

God stopped the sun and moon for about a day. God did not stop the earth nor anything else in the 14 billion LIGHT YEARS wide "universe" - It takes a bigger leap of faith to believe God stopped the earth and the WHOLE heaven. He would have said that it seems.

daqq

So, I think daqq thinks these scriptures clearly say the earth is tilted on an axis, spinning and flying through "outer space" and God STOPPED THE EARTH TOO, but doesn't mention that. Nor does God mention stopping anything else in the firmament (cosmos). Daqq thinks his beloved flying spinning ball is clearly described here and in many other related and connected scriptures that he's yet to provide for anybody.

Joshua 10:11-13 KJV -
And it came to pass, as they fled from before Israel, and were in the going down to Bethhoron, that the Lord cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword.

12 Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.
13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

God stopped the sun and moon for about a day. God did not stop the earth nor anything else in the 14 billion LIGHT YEARS wide "universe" - It takes a bigger leap of faith to believe God stopped the earth and the WHOLE heaven. He would have said that it seems.

Nope, that is not what I "think" about that passage, as already explained to you: but you have already admitted that you do not read what I write.

Derf

Isaiah 24 - KJV -
[FONT=&]Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.[/FONT]

Are you saying that the Lord will actually turn the earth upside down to empty the land of its inhabitants?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
20The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard,

To and fro means back and forth.

reel2
/riːl; rɪəl/
verb (mainly intransitive)
to sway, esp under the shock of a blow or through dizziness or drunkenness

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Are you saying that the Lord will actually turn the earth upside down to empty the land of its inhabitants?
No, I think that particular wording is something I don't understand quite yet. Do you have a better understanding? Would it mean that this is describing BEFORE the creation in Genesis, in your opinion? My point, if I have one, is that God makes the earth move, nothing else does.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Nope, that is not what I "think" about that passage, as already explained to you: but you have already admitted that you do not read what I write.

You've never provided scripture saying Joshua had to hold up his hands for Israel to win any battles.

That's just one reason he's not engaging you.

Derf

No, I think that particular wording is something I don't understand quite yet. Do you have a better understanding? Would it mean that this is describing BEFORE the creation in Genesis, in your opinion?

I appreciate that you don't think that way. So I think we can apply the same caution to other verses that might seem to point to either flat earth or globe earth.

In regard to this particular verse, I think it's graphic, metaphoric language showing that God is going to cause the inhabitants of the land in question to be scattered, like someone turning a bowl upside down until everything has fallen out. The word for "earth" is the same as that translated "land" 2 verses later.

[Isa 24:1 KJV]
Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

[Isa 24:3 KJV]
The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.

The previous chapter gives some context, I believe, that names the specific land it's talking about--that of "Tyre".

Another interesting thing is that a couple verses later, it says that not everybody will be kicked out of Tyre (or wherever the place is):
[Isa 24:6 KJV]
Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

These verses are "graphic", as I said before, intending to get the message across to the recipients (the people of Tyre), possibly to get them to repent, or possibly to get them to leave before all the bad stuff happens. THe previous chapter gives a time context:
[Isa 23:15 KJV]
And it shall come to pass in that day, that Tyre shall be forgotten seventy years, according to the days of one king: after the end of seventy years shall Tyre sing as an harlot.

Do you recognize the "seventy years"? It's the same time period that Judah would be in Babylon. Thus, the prophecy seems to be talking about the same time period, where Babylon was going to overtake the nations in and around Judah, export the people to Babylon or other places, and keep them there for 70 years.

I don't always understand the context of verses right off, and it's easy to make some invalid assumptions, but I think it's very important to keep looking at the scriptures.

If you want to go through a few scriptures at a time, rather than a whole truckload of them, I think it would be worthwhile.

daqq

Always a chance I misread.

Where is the scripture saying Joshua made the sign of the waw-vav?

First why don't you show me where that was what I meant in anything I have said to Patrick today in this thread? And if not then why are you suddenly answering for Patrick? That right there is one of those traits you were exhibiting earlier. I did indeed reference the companion passage which could have been, and still can be, read by the reftagger software provided by the forum. It is not my job to go find it for you but it is indeed your job to make sure you are correct before you end up saying things about other people that are not true. Moreover there is more than one place where the Sefer of the Upright is mentioned in the scripture and the other place speaks of the same context from the Sefer of the Upright. It is not my problem that you guys do not study the scripture in the upright way and rather prefer to ignore other scripture contexts so that you can make up your own interpretations for what you read.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You're like a pharisee and a satanist. Let's hear your genius context, master. Prove flat earth wrong with YOUR interpretations. Adults are here, they can think and decide for themselves. I know you're trying to "protect" the sheep and the weak minded. You're doing a fantastic job. :thumb:

You just baked a gay wedding cake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.