Better watch your reputation!!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
TOL now has a poster reputation system.

You will notice that each post has a small icon just next to the post number. If you hold you mouse over the icon you will see that it states.... "Add to users reputation". If you click that icon you can either approve or disapprove of that users post therefore increasing or decreasing the users reputation.

The small graphic under the each users post count graphically displays the users reputation status.

Also....
The longer you have been a TOL member, the more TOL posts you have and the better reputation you yourself has effects the amount you can effect other users reputations.

There are also limitations that prevent you from picking on an individual member too much.

Have fun and use your new power wisely!!!

taoist

Knight, with due respect.

I've seen how negative rep points affect the posting on other boards. It's not a pretty sight and encourages juvenile behavior. It's possible to disable negative repping and still allow positive repping. This is one occasion where positive re-enforcement is far more successful. Please, reconsider this option.

Christine

Knight, another poster and I were trying this feature out on each other, giving each other one postitive feedback with a comment. However, when we both went to check our reputation numbers, I was 15, and she was 16, even though we both started out with 10 and nobody else has given either of us any reputation points. What caused the difference in the reputation numbers? :confused:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christine said:
However, when we both went to check our reputation numbers, I was 15, and she was 16, even though we both started out with 10 and nobody else has given either of us any reputation points. What caused the difference in the reputation numbers? :confused:
How do you know that nobody else gave you any points?

I'm kind of confused about this reputation stuff. (big surprise there, huh? :freak: )

Are we not supposed to be able to see what kind of points other members have? I'm guessing we are only to see the little green squares which represent what kind of reputation somebody has. And how many good points equal one green square?

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Christine said:
Knight, another poster and I were trying this feature out on each other, giving each other one postitive feedback with a comment. However, when we both went to check our reputation numbers, I was 15, and she was 16, even though we both started out with 10 and nobody else has given either of us any reputation points. What caused the difference in the reputation numbers? :confused:
Maybe one of you has more rep giving power.

from my first post.....

Also....
The longer you have been a TOL member, the more TOL posts you have and the better reputation you yourself has effects the amount you can effect other users reputations.