Beloved57 are you sure you’re chosen?

glorydaz

I find that notion hard to grasp, as I am dead to the Law, just as Paul wrote in Rom 7:4-6..."Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter."
I really don't think one can "bring forth fruit unto God" with what may be deemed UNlawful acts.
Please don't confuse the acts of the "Law for salvation" that Paul fought against, like circumcision and dietary rules, with simple honesty, fidelity, and monogamy.
Circumcision and dietary guidelines will not profit a man spiritually, but honesty, charity, modesty, and chastity will swell the heart with grace.
They are the manifestations of our love for God.
Lying, adultery, and thievery certainly don't manifest that God in us.

I believe it with all assuredness.
If I didn't, I never would have been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of my past sins.
I never would have crucified the flesh and been raised from the dead, with Christ, to walk in newness of life.
I never would have received the gift of the Holy Ghost/Comforter.
And I never could have permanently turned from sin.

Has your "belief" compelled you to do any of the same?

I'll just respond to the words in red....which actually answers your entire post.

NO, my belief has not COMPELLED me do DO any of those things.
My belief is in the FACT that Christ is performing HIS WORK IN ME.

Which is why I cannot and will not BOAST the way you do.

BTW....this idea of yours that it's only circumcision and dietary rules is total garbage.
Are you sure you aren't God's UnTruth?
She's the only one I know who makes that claim.

Hoping

Banned

I'll just respond to the words in red....which actually answers your entire post.

NO, my belief has not COMPELLED me do DO any of those things.
My belief is in the FACT that Christ is performing HIS WORK IN ME.
Good to read, welcome to the portion of the world that actually obeys God.
Which is why I cannot and will not BOAST the way you do.
Like you, it is Christ in me who does the good things and doesn't do the evil things.
BTW....this idea of yours that it's only circumcision and dietary rules is total garbage.
Are you sure you aren't God's UnTruth?
She's the only one I know who makes that claim.
Circumcision and dietary rules were just examples of the Law that I am crucified to.
Tithing, sabbath keeping, feast days, and a list of other things are included in the Law we are now dead to.
Some erroneously believe that our freedom from those edicts, (and more), directly mentioned previously by Paul, includes repentance from sin and water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins.
They don't, and neither are charity or enduring faithfully until the Lord's return done away with.
They are the witnesses, manifestations of our submission to God.

1Co 9:7
Who goeth a warfare at his own charges?
Who planteth a vineyard and eateth not of the fruit thereof?
Or who FEEDETH A FLOCK and eatet h not of the milk of the flock?

glorydaz

1Co 9:7
Who goeth a warfare at his own charges?
Who planteth a vineyard and eateth not of the fruit thereof?
Or who FEEDETH A FLOCK and eatet h not of the milk of the flock?
So Paul is calling us a vineyard, too? How about an ox? Is that what you get from those verses?

1 Cor. 9:7-9 Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock? 8 Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also?
9 For it is written in the law of Moses, thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?

People forget that Paul was a Jew and knew scripture like the back of His hand. He used terms people were familiar with in that day. They were still sacrificing lambs at the temple. Paul said himself, he became as a Jew in order to win Jews. Paul spoke in the language of the day.

1 Corinthians 9:20
And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;