Being locked out of a call out thread is wrong.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why is it that a certain poster can quote me and talk about me, and then be allowed to lock me out of the thread?
It's not a matter of being allowed (that being a TOL function provided by Knight to subscribers) and you were locked out, for a short while, because you were breaking the rules by repeatedly dropping little more than name calling and an attempt to disrupt the thread. I tried stepping around it, then considered the mod route, but I try to limit reporting posts to actions aimed at others, so I locked the door and left a note that stipulated you would be let back in once enough time had passed to allow people who come to read the Wrap to find it without sifting through your tantrum.

Your complaints aren't new. Knight spoke to them a while back. I'll probably find and repost that at some point. If he changes his mind I'll shut it down. In the meantime, a lot of people find value in it, either for entertainment or as an easy way to spot conversations they missed. Having your comments reproduced should only bother someone who knows what they've written is embarrassing.

So there's hope for you right there. :e4e:

I know why. He can dish it out, but he can't take it. :chew:
Yeah, I'm know for avoiding argument that goes to the personal. :plain: Seriously, this is worse as tactics go that CC's attempt to paint an obsession that more accurately measured his objective practice...which makes you almost as funny. Well, easily as unintentionally ironic then.

Nice actual passive-aggressive call-out thread though. ;)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sherman was wise enough to know that it was wrong to quote a person and critique that person's quote without them having the opportunity to respond.
She had five before I temporarily pulled the plug and noted she would be allowed back in to break rules and rant about me instead of what she claims draws her. None of them had anything to say about what was said.

They remained gems like this:
Oh Lord, spare us from these lovers of self.....

Holier Than Thou, and Smarter Than Every Other Man

TINY DANCER TOWN CLOWN:party:

So no, it's wrong to troll a thread and pretend you've been wronged when someone doesn't run to the mods to keep the actual purpose of the thread going.

No idea why Sherman didn't leaf through and get that, but then she's human too and with all the teeth gnashing a few of you make into a cottage industry I expect it's a difficult position to be in for her.

Back to you...It's also wrong to stop reading when you find your bias point fulfilled, but what are the chances you got this far in the post? :think: GM thin, I'd say.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why is it that a certain poster can quote me and talk about me, and then be allowed to lock me out of the thread?

The tutu wearing clown is doing exactly that.

:angrymob:

The Townster is beginning to look like a mere child playing childish games. And here I thought he was a stalwart, mature, egocentric, 'super poster' that never flinched. I guess I was wrong about him?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Townster is beginning to look like a mere child playing childish games. And here I thought he was a stalwart, mature, egocentric, 'super poster' that never flinched. I guess I was wrong about him?
How you manage to type with all that straw flying around your fingers is anyone's guess. But it's impressive. And that's me saying that. I thought I should put that last bit in because I know it can be a difficult thing for you to distinguish. :plain:

glorydaz

It's not a matter of being allowed (that being a TOL function provided by Knight to subscribers) and you were locked out, for a short while, because you were breaking the rules by repeatedly dropping little more than name calling and an attempt to disrupt the thread. I tried stepping around it, then considered the mod route, but I try to limit reporting posts to actions aimed at others, so I locked the door and left a note that stipulated you would be let back in once enough time had passed to allow people who come to read the Wrap to find it without sifting through your tantrum.

Long winded, but short on facts.

Your complaints aren't new. Knight spoke to them a while back. I'll probably find and repost that at some point. If he changes his mind I'll shut it down. In the meantime, a lot of people find value in it, either for entertainment or as an easy way to spot conversations they missed. Having your comments reproduced should only bother someone who knows what they've written is embarrassing.

No, that's a lie. As was pointed out in the past, you are deliberately selective on what you quote. Taking comments out of context to make yourself look better.

Why you insist on projecting your anger and embarrassment onto me is rather amusing, though. :yawn:

So there's hope for you right there. :e4e:

Yes, thank God you are not such as I. I know that verse.

Yeah, I'm know for avoiding argument that goes to the personal.

BWAHAAAA. (That error must just be a typo.) :rotfl:

You spend your life here on TOL personally attacking GM's grammar. You've made it your mission to get your cronies to laugh at him. I'm sick of your hypocrisy.

You simply are NOT a manly man. You're a whiney little prima donna.

(Oh Lord, is that a gay innuendo, too?) Report me.

glorydaz

She had five before I temporarily pulled the plug and noted she would be allowed back in to break rules and rant about me instead of what she claims draws her. None of them had anything to say about what was said.

They remained gems like this:

So no, it's wrong to troll a thread and pretend you've been wronged when someone doesn't run to the mods to keep the actual purpose of the thread going.

No idea why Sherman didn't leaf through and get that, but then she's human too and with all the teeth gnashing a few of you make into a cottage industry I expect it's a difficult position to be in for her.

Back to you...It's also wrong to stop reading when you find your bias point fulfilled, but what are the chances you got this far in the post? :think: GM thin, I'd say.

I kept posting because you failed to address my issue. You knew what it was, and you chose to ignore me like I had no rights at all. I was the squeaky wheel, and you didn't do the right thing. I even highlighted one of the points I wanted corrected.

It's wrong to think you can put others down and never get a response back. You reap what you sow, and you hate that.