Bald Erinmarie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. 5020

It's becoming extremely obvious that we are going to meet this goal. Most of you have received my PM regarding the payments, and have responded. Unless somebody has an issue (especially erinmarie), this is how I thought we should do it, with an attempt to make everyone happy.
  • I won't expect any payments until we have reached $250 in pledges.
  • Upon reaching the goal, I will ask for the payments, but offer to take only 50% as a deposit, if you will, so that I know I am not paying $250 out of my own pocket.
  • Once I've received at least 50% ($125.00), I will foward the $250 to erinmarie.
  • Upon receipt of the money, she will be asked to perform the head-shaving, and send a picture to me.
  • When I receive the picture, I will ask for the remaining funds.
What do you guys think?

Mr. 5020

It's becoming extremely obvious that we are going to meet this goal. Most of you have received my PM regarding the payments, and have responded. Unless somebody has an issue (especially erinmarie), this is how I thought we should do it, with an attempt to make everyone happy.
  • Upon reaching the goal, I will ask for the payments, but offer to take only 50% as a deposit, if you will, so that I know I am not paying $250 out of my own pocket.
  • Once I've received at least 50% ($125.00), I will foward the $250 to erinmarie.
  • Upon receipt of the money, she will be asked to perform the head-shaving, and send a picture to me.
What do you guys think?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Mr. 5020 said:
What do you guys think?

Here's what I think.

I think Erinmarie should be able to back out of this if she wants to. If she wants to go through with it, fine, all pledges will be honored. But as friends of hers we need to allow her the option of changing her mind and not berate her if that's the option she chooses [although a little teasing will be in order].

I know I wouldn't shave my head for ten times this amount and she may be having second thoughts.

:cheers:

Mr. 5020

BillyBob said:
Here's what I think.

I think Erinmarie should be able to back out of this if she wants to. If she wants to go through with it, fine, all pledges will be honored. But as friends of hers we need to allow her the option of changing her mind and not berate her if that's the option she chooses [although a little teasing will be in order].

I know I wouldn't shave my head for ten times this amount and she may be having second thoughts.

:cheers:
I agree. It doesn't sound like she's having second thoughts, but she definitely can back out at anytime.

erinmarie

OK, here's my thoughts on the whole thingy. If it were just me on my own, I would take the money and shave it all off, I'd do it again and again.

But, I am the mother of three young children, a wife, a sister, a daughter, a granddaughter....And I'm a more than little bit concerned about what they'll think about the whole thing.

Billybob and I have talked in private about this, and he was feeling that maybe I was just afraid to speak up and take the offer off of the table. I was trying to think of a fairer way of doing it, and a way that wouldn't make me look like a jerk. Like starting a counter-auction or an opinion poll...

I just feel bad in general cause I would do it, and feel like I'm being irresponsible towards the people in my life. Does that make sense?

Mr. 5020

Now that I've had a chance to talk to erinmarie via IM, we have decided to stop this little "fundraiser." I apologize for any inconvenience. No payments were taken, so no worries about money.

Thank you all for your participation.

In Him,
Mr. 5020

Mr. 5020

Knight, you know, we could always change this to a TOL fundraiser, for the shaving of Knight's head... :Shimei:

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
erinmarie said:
OK, here's my thoughts on the whole thingy. If it were just me on my own, I would take the money and shave it all off, I'd do it again and again.

But, I am the mother of three young children, a wife, a sister, a daughter, a granddaughter....And I'm a more than little bit concerned about what they'll think about the whole thing.

Billybob and I have talked in private about this, and he was feeling that maybe I was just afraid to speak up and take the offer off of the table. I was trying to think of a fairer way of doing it, and a way that wouldn't make me look like a jerk. Like starting a counter-auction or an opinion poll...

I just feel bad in general cause I would do it, and feel like I'm being irresponsible towards the people in my life. Does that make sense?

Thats responsible of you. You're alright in my book :thumb:

However this is another example of my own omniscience. Oh and before I forget, just so you guys know, it's going to rain sometime in the future so make sure you all have nice watertight umbrellas :rain: When it happens you'll remember who warned ya ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.