Assisted-suicide bill approved by California Assembly

Arthur Brain

So anyway, what is inherently wrong or immoral about people who wish to end a terminal disease or assistance in that regard? Aside from zealous religious objections, whereby it seems it's okay for someone to suffer to their last dying breath and then some beyond that...what reasonable objections could a person have?

glorydaz

So anyway, what is inherently wrong or immoral about people who wish to end a terminal disease or assistance in that regard? Aside from zealous religious objections, whereby it seems it's okay for someone to suffer to their last dying breath and then some beyond that...what reasonable objections could a person have?

I can't judge that one. If an indian had tied me up and staked me to the ground and taken a piece of my gut and pulled it out to reach the nearest ant hill, I might be tempted to find a way to slit my throat. I don't know.

I guess on that note I should go finish reading my book so I'll know if there's a way to escape. :wave:

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Looking at the big picture:

You have to realize that that the people behind these laws are the same barbarians that brought us the pain and death that comes with abortion and homosexuality and every godless act known to mankind, i.e. they are the "culture of death". I would say that that they're your kind of people, but I'm trying to be kinder and gentler.

Arthur Brain

Looking at the big picture:

You have to realize that that the people behind these laws are the same barbarians that brought us the pain and death that comes with abortion and homosexuality and every godless act known to mankind, i.e. they are the "culture of death". I would say that that they're your kind of people, but I'm trying to be kinder and gentler.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'm almost of the opinion that if they're able to do it themselves they aren't really as bad as they think they are. Course, so far I'm only a bystander in this death business, but 'where there is life there is hope' is my motto. There have been many days when I'd just as soon go off to be with the Lord, but then another smile from a grandchild came into view etc. etc. etc. :)

british soldiers in what is now Afghanistan in the days of empire would save their last bullet for themselves to avoid falling into the hands of afghan women

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
british soldiers in what is now Afghanistan in the days of empire would save their last bullet for themselves to avoid falling into the hands of afghan women

Coyote love. Ge 16:12, Jer 7:6, GWT

c52ae84519aa2e36793ccb87bc406ec8.jpg

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Why does it have to be zealous religious objections?

Arthur Brain

Why does it have to be zealous religious objections?

I think it's so he can say it's only extremists that would do such. :chuckle:

Well, it only seems to be the more zealous viewpoints that are completely against the notion in principle no matter the amount of suffering etc. If there's legitimate objections to terminally ill people being able to decide to end things then I'd sooner hear what they are as oppose to someone like Serpentdove just coming up with bible verses that aren't even relevant on the matter.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Well, it only seems to be the more zealous viewpoints that are completely against the notion in principle no matter the amount of suffering etc. If there's legitimate objections to terminally ill people being able to decide to end things then I'd sooner hear what they are as oppose to someone like Serpentdove just coming up with bible verses that aren't even relevant on the matter.

Well, here's the deal; they are not irrelevant to Christians. Now some will condone some degree, and some will condone to an other degree. I personally see having the physician involved as compromising. There are better alternatives.

For me, the whole issue of suicide is in conflict, yet that is just me. Not every thinks as I do.