Assisted-suicide bill approved by California Assembly

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
How to do a Rubik's cube in twenty seconds? How to construct a maple leaf in plasticine in a war torn province? You're gonna have to narrow this down a bit...:eek:

Well you keep asking me about what ive already answered, so it seems you need to tell me exactly what it is you arent getting.

In other words, work for it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Your being unable to give a proper answer for one. What does being 'fogged up' on painkillers mean to you exactly? Never mind any other poster's definition, what's yours? Explain.

What part of " i am assuming me he means stoned on them" is escaping you? Since its not something i would say, all i can do is assume, and i assume it means high on them, stoned on them, out of it on them, get it yet?

And if they can get you stoned, they can kill you too, if you want them too.

Anything else?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Your being unable to give a proper answer for one. What does being 'fogged up' on painkillers mean to you exactly? Never mind any other poster's definition, what's yours? Explain.

have you ever worked with a patient using high dose opioid pain meds?

glorydaz

I'm really not sure why doctor assisted suicide is needed. When someone is knocking on death's door and in a lot of pain, they can make sure they have a Do not Resuscitate order (or their family can fill one out for them) and stipulate exactly what that should entail, such as comfort only. "No invasive treatment" can include no feeding through a tube and no CPR or artificial ventilation. Fluid to avoid dehydration would be good (in my opinion) until near the end when the body is shutting down anyway. Also antibiotics for infection which can be very painful, but won't prolong life artificially. This is where Hospice steps in. Everyone is entitled to Hospice care free of charge. They can give whatever drugs are needed to keep the patient comfortable until death occurs. Drugs to relax (anti-anxiety) and drugs to ease breathing and drugs for pain. The people at Hospice are experts in the field of dying....much better than hospitals and doctors. They even provide watchers to sit with the patient to give the family respite, and spiritual resources for the family.

Arthur Brain

What part of " i am assuming me he means stoned on them" is escaping you? Since its not something i would say, all i can do is assume, and i assume it means high on them, stoned on them, out of it on them, get it yet?

And if they can get you stoned, they can kill you too, if you want them too.

Anything else?

Er, nobody's on about some phrase about 'stoned on them' so you can erase that one for the sake of clarity. You were quite happy to use 'Fogged up' so hey.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Oh?

"If you have painkillers you can be fogged up on, you can certainly take more of them, instead of involving someone else."

So what does being 'fogged up' on painkillers actually represent to you exactly? Just to be clear of course...

:plain:

To me it means being rather out of it on a high dose when one has extreme pain.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Er, nobody's on about some phrase about 'stoned on them' so you can erase that one for the sake of clarity. You were quite happy to use 'Fogged up' so hey.

yes, i was quite happy to respond to a person who used the phrase, with using the same one they did in my reply to their concern.

:rotfl: Go ahead and melt down, this is fun.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm really not sure why doctor assisted suicide is needed. When someone is knocking on death's door and in a lot of pain, they can make sure they have a Do not Resuscitate order (or their family can fill one out for them) and stipulate exactly what that should entail, such as comfort only. "No invasive treatment" can include no feeding through a tube and no CPR or artificial ventilation. Fluid to avoid dehydration would be good (in my opinion) until near the end when the body is shutting down anyway. Also antibiotics for infection which can be very painful, but won't prolong life artificially. This is where Hospice steps in. Everyone is entitled to Hospice care free of charge. They can give whatever drugs are needed to keep the patient comfortable until death occurs. Drugs to relax (anti-anxiety) and drugs to ease breathing and drugs for pain. The people at Hospice are experts in the field of dying....much better than hospitals and doctors. They even provide watchers to sit with the patient to give the family respite, and spiritual resources for the family.

Completely agree, its not needed, if they want that bad enough, they need to do it themselves and not make another person party to it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm neither desperate for an argument or bereft in my native tongue. Just forget it Angel. A disagreement with you seems to invariably result in this sort of melodrama currently.

:rotfl: Anything else? (work harder, you didnt do a good job objecting to nothing this time)

glorydaz

Completely agree, its not needed, if they want that bad enough, they need to do it themselves and not make another person party to it.

I'm almost of the opinion that if they're able to do it themselves they aren't really as bad as they think they are. Course, so far I'm only a bystander in this death business, but 'where there is life there is hope' is my motto. There have been many days when I'd just as soon go off to be with the Lord, but then another smile from a grandchild came into view etc. etc. etc. :)