Assisted-suicide bill approved by California Assembly

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[Y]ou cannot force me to do anything within my own body, nor can you restrict anything I do to my own body unless it interferes with someone else's body."

Is murdering
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
"someone else's body" in a woman's womb a-ok? Pr 8:36

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
No one should have to endure a slow, painful death.

Every time I look at Obama and the state of our nation I say the same thing.

The undercurrent of all civil law is bodily autonomy, that you cannot force me to do anything within my own body, nor can you restrict anything I do to my own body unless it interferes with someone else's body.

Spoken like a true Libertarian.

How does this NOT apply to being able to end one's life with dignity and a minimum of pain and suffering, with the aid of a trained medical professional?

Tell us how there will be very strict government regulations that won't allow any foul play.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Is that not the same thing as KILLING them?
You want the doctor to kill them slower.

It sure is.

Um no, the doctor has no control over a person abusing their own prescription for pain med, by taking the whole bottle and not involving another person in their death wish.

clearly you didnt understand what i said.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Everyone has a right to die if they wish. Why can't folks just mind their own business and let folks live and die as they wish?

If they want to die that bad, they need to do it themselves, and mind their own business, instead of sucking other people into it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Everyone has a right to die if they wish. Why can't folks just mind their own business and let folks live and die as they wish? You have no idea what pain another person is going through. It is their life not yours.

Hoiler than thou folks make me sick.

Every State needs an end of life law.

That would be the 'do your own thing' philosophy

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So, it's okay to be fogged up on painkillers, is that right? But not to have the plug pulled no matter what?

You didnt understand what i said, now did you.

If you od on your painkillers and do that yourself, you are involving no one else but you.

Is that sentence structured in a way that the point is evident yet?

Arthur Brain

You didnt understand what i said, now did you.

If you od on your painkillers and do that yourself, you are involving no one else but you.

Is that sentence structured in a way that the point is evident yet?

Oh, what did you mean by "fogged up on" exactly? Please do explain and in detail if my understanding is amiss. The floor is yours Angel...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Oh, what did you mean by "fogged up on" exactly? Please do explain and in detail if my understanding is amiss. The floor is yours Angel...

Perhaps you need to wait to ask tinark what he meant, since he said it:

When I am old and infirm and unable to take care of myself and fogged up on painkillers, how exactly is that going to happen? Stop making lame excuses.

I am assuming he means stoned on them, by that, but anything further, you would have to ask him.

Obviously, if you have pain killers and want to die, you could just take the whole bottle, and involve no one else.

What exactly are you really still confused about?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You were quite happy to use the same descriptor a few posts ago so please don't be asinine about the obvious thanks.

:plain:

And you unfortunately attributed a concept to me, that i didnt present, but merely told them what to do with it (i was answering tinark in my post). :plain:

Arthur Brain

And you unfortunately attributed a concept to me, that i didnt present, but merely told them what to do with it. :plain:

Oh?

"If you have painkillers you can be fogged up on, you can certainly take more of them, instead of involving someone else."

So what does being 'fogged up' on painkillers actually represent to you exactly? Just to be clear of course...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Oh?

"If you have painkillers you can be fogged up on, you can certainly take more of them, instead of involving someone else."

So what does being 'fogged up' on painkillers actually represent to you exactly? Just to be clear of course...

What part of this, are you unable to understand exactly?

Perhaps you need to wait to ask tinark what he meant, since he said it:

I am assuming he means stoned on them, by that, but anything further, you would have to ask him.

Obviously, if you have pain killers and want to die, you could just take the whole bottle, and involve no one else.

What exactly are you really still confused about?