Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
How do I crate a new poll? I clicked create new thread under polls but it did not give me any options for creating the radio boxes and questions.

WizardofOz

You can create a poll when creating any new thread.

See below screen shot.

Knight - is this feature available to subscibers only? I was going to post a poll, but I don't seem to have all of those cool functions available in the "additional options".

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
There is just something I account figure out? Now I have Wild Blue satellite, should not my pages just open right away? It still takes minutes to move from page to page. My computer is newer and has NT, yet it is no different than my old computer with windows 98 and the dial-up connection. What gives? Is it my system that is not right, or is the sight slow for everyone?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Is it possible to get an option whereby we can ‘find all posts by godrulz today’?

My computer does not have that much RAM

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is just something I account figure out? Now I have Wild Blue satellite, should not my pages just open right away? It still takes minutes to move from page to page. My computer is newer and has NT, yet it is no different than my old computer with windows 98 and the dial-up connection. What gives? Is it my system that is not right, or is the sight slow for everyone?
TOL has been rocket-fast since we moved to our dedicated server in September.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It's been pretty fast for me. Satellite isn't inherently faster than other technologies. It can be depending upon certain variables. Go to www.speakeasy.net/speedtest and do a throughput test. Could be provider issues on your end.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It seems my download speed is fast. My guess is that my computer would be better if it had more RAM

Squishes

Why do you have to choose a political affiliation? Why can't there be an "other" option like there is for religious persuasion?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, just for curiosity's sake, why do the rep values get adjusted every once in awhile?
Well.... due to the fact that rep values generally only "go up" and they increase exponentially, therefore it's easy for rep values to get out of hand and become almost meaningless.

We often adjust rep levels to keep them at reasonable levels.

At some point we will have to take some sort of drastic measure to get things back to smaller numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.