Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Editing is not the same as deleting. Even if you remove all the text from the post, there's still an empty text box there with your user info in the left margin. I'm asking if there's a way to make a post disappear altogether.
Actually, in some areas there is an option to delete a post, when you click on the edit button. I just figured that you would see it when you went to edit.

But, after Knight's answer, apparently that's not an option for newbies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Will there ever be a forum feature with a check mark or bullet point showing what threads you have posted on?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Will there ever be a forum feature with a check mark or bullet point showing what threads you have posted on?
We sort of do but you can't see it on the active page and the High Definition skin is lacking in that department. However, if you are viewing "New Posts", "Today's Posts", or individual forums while using the Lightweight skin, then it works! In other words, only a minority might actually notice the arrow thingy. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
We sort of do but you can't see it on the active page and the High Definition skin is lacking in that department. However, if you are viewing "New Posts", "Today's Posts", or individual forums while using the Lightweight skin, then it works! In other words, only a minority might actually notice the arrow thingy. :chuckle:
I added a little green TOL "bubble" to the threads that you have posted in.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
OK, so I changed a few things.

First, I turned off the "hot threads" icons. We don't need icons for that. All you need to do is look at the amount of views and replies and see if a thread is hot or not.

Then I darkened up the icons that show if there are new posts in a thread and I added the green "bubble" to the threads that you have posted in.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:geek:

Kinght . . .

How do I get a long dash, instead of haviing to --

Which type face.

Sample . . .

Isaiah 9:9
All the people will know it (long dash)
Ephraim and the inhabitants of Samaria (long dash)
Who say with pride and arrogance of heart.

Any ideas?​

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

:geek:

Kinght . . .

How do I get a long dash, instead of haviing to --

Which type face.

Sample . . .

Isaiah 9:9
All the people will know it (long dash)
Ephraim and the inhabitants of Samaria (long dash)
Who say with pride and arrogance of heart.

Any ideas?​
The three dashes on my Mac are....

- (regular dash)
– (option+dash)
— (option+shift+dash)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
From wiki...
On Microsoft Windows, an em dash may be entered as Alt+0151, where the digits are typed on the numeric keypad while holding the Alt key down. :dizzy:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
From wiki...
On Microsoft Windows, an em dash may be entered as Alt+0151, where the digits are typed on the numeric keypad while holding the Alt key down. :dizzy:
That is certainly too much work.

P.S.
I can't afford to buy a Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.