Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You know how trolls are always pinko commies because that is the default option on signup..? How about making the default "troll"? :chuckle:

Lyraluthuin

Okay, I've been here 14 days, and have over fifty posts.

Where are my Registered Plus Bennies? Are they not automatic? Or does it have to be past the time of day I originally registered before they show up?

(in which case.. 3 1/2 hours to go and counting down...)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay, I've been here 14 days, and have over fifty posts.

Where are my Registered Plus Bennies? Are they not automatic? Or does it have to be past the time of day I originally registered before they show up?

(in which case.. 3 1/2 hours to go and counting down...)
Patience grasshopper... patience.

Lyraluthuin

Yes, Sir Knight.

:sigh:

*has a couple more silly newbish questions*

1) Does TOL have an option to delete a post, such as when one accidentally posts the same thing twice through indiscriminate use of the browser's "back" and "stop" buttons?

2) Would you be so kind as to explain the reason behind making the "Search" functions inaccassible to Registered Newbies?

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Yes, Sir Knight.

:sigh:

*has a couple more silly newbish questions*

1) Does TOL have an option to delete a post, such as when one accidentally posts the same thing twice through indiscriminate use of the browser's "back" and "stop" buttons?

2) Would you be so kind as to explain the reason behind making the "Search" functions inaccassible to Registered Newbies?
The answer to your number one should be obvious, since you've already edited posts...:Shimei:

Lyraluthuin

Editing is not the same as deleting. Even if you remove all the text from the post, there's still an empty text box there with your user info in the left margin. I'm asking if there's a way to make a post disappear altogether.

Lisselyn

I'll toss a few questions your way, Knight. I'll keep them lighthearted.

1. I noticed on another thread you received a nice collection of wine for Christmas. What is your favorite wine? Do you care for beer?

2. If you had to live somewhere other than Colorado, where would you choose?

3. And last. . . for now. What's the issue (political, moral, or spiritual) dearest to you. (Okay, the last one wasn't that lighthearted)?

And since I think relationships, even online acquaintences, should be built on a two-way street, here are my answers.

1. I, myself don't care much for wine, but I do like a stout or doppelbock beer (e.g. Celebrator).

2. Well I would like to live in southern Texas in Winter and Montana in Summer. ;) Oh for a Utopia Climate of 70 degrees with low humidity! :)

3. Mine is abortion. I hate it. I routinely chose political candidates based on their stance on abortion. I seen your thread about the 13 year old and Planned Parenthood; it saddened me, although it doesn't surprise me.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This prevents people from deleting posts that may have spurred interesting comments and rabbit-trails. We like to keep a thread intact as mush as possible.

For years we allowed newbies to search but had to change it because a few bad apples were searching over and over and over merely to bog down the TOL server.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'll toss a few questions your way, Knight. I'll keep them lighthearted.

1. I noticed on another thread you received a nice collection of wine for Christmas. What is your favorite wine? Do you care for beer?
Currently my favorite wine is Pinot Grigio. Chickenman and his wife came to visit us this past summer and they brought Asiago cheese and Pinot Grigio and now I am hooked! As for beer, I love it! My two favorites are: Newcastle (it's the best by far) and Miller long necks (It's cheap and good! It's the best domestic beer).

2. If you had to live somewhere other than Colorado, where would you choose?
I think probably Texas or Arizona. My brother lives in the Houston area and if I had to move I think I would like to be near him. My wife's sister lives in Arizona so that would be a great destination as well.

3. And last. . . for now. What's the issue (political, moral, or spiritual) dearest to you. (Okay, the last one wasn't that lighthearted)?
Hmmm.. great question. And of course this can change from time to time based on what is going on around me. Exposing the lie of Calvinism has always been close to my heart and TOL has done a marvelous job over the years in helping to tear down the Calvinistic wall that is like a cancer within Christianity.

Also...

Abortion of course. It truly is the holocaust of our time.

And....

Normality. Why aren't people more normal? My life's work will be documenting an objective definition of what it means to be a normal human. :)

And since I think relationships, even online acquaintences, should be built on a two-way street, here are my answers.

1. I, myself don't care much for wine, but I do like a stout or doppelbock beer (e.g. Celebrator).
Good choice. I love Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout. It's an old English brewed Stout and it's delicious.

2. Well I would like to live in southern Texas in Winter and Montana in Summer. ;) Oh for a Utopia Climate of 70 degrees with low humidity! :)
I agree Southern Texas would be a great place to relocate.

3. Mine is abortion. I hate it. I routinely chose political candidates based on their stance on abortion. I seen your thread about the 13 year old and Planned Parenthood; it saddened me, although it doesn't surprise me.
Amen brother.

koban

Why are liberals so stupid?

Does being a liberal make people more stupid?

Or does liberalism tend to attract stupid people?

Big Paulie G

It depends on where and how I have to insert them. :noid:

:vomit:

I meant the usual point of entry, as though you were shooting a gun.

You have to admit that, while improbable, manual insertion of a bullet through the breastplate would hurt the intruder a whole lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.