Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I thought that maybe you didn't believe me.

Of course I believed you....the original joke was aimed at your popularly recognized love of comics. The second leg of laughter was derived from your need to address your attendance of or absence from a ComiCon...:chuckle:

You're a gift that just keeps on giving. :D

Merry Christmas, LH. :e4e:

Lyraluthuin

I think what he means when he says 'double post' is that often the same person will be the originator of two consecutive posts within a thread. For instance if I said, 'John Calvin hung the moon' I'd likely draw a number of 'cordial' replies from various posters who would politely disagree with me. If I quoted and responded to each of them in turn in separates posts, he would call that "double or triple posting."
Lyraluthuin is a "she". And yes, that's what I mean by double posting. Other boards I've been to, people get flamed for that.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Knight,

I have been looking at all the trolls that have been inundating TOL with spam and I had an idea. Is it possible to prevent new members from creating a thread until they have 5 or 10 posts?

bybee

Trolls...

Trolls...

Knight,

I have been looking at all the trolls that have been inundating TOL with spam and I had an idea. Is it possible to prevent new members from creating a thread until they have 5 or 10 posts?

Unless you're a goat I don't think you have much to fear from Trolls...bybee

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight,

Are you talking about spammers?

If so.... it's actually easier to spot them and delete their threads than it is to go find all their posts in existing threads.

We could place all new members into "moderation" which means their posts and threads don't show-up until the TOL staff reviews them but that generally thwarts the growth of the forum.

Lyraluthuin

Is it just me, just my ISP, or the site that's going a bit wonky?

I'm seeing "cannot display" notices, sometimes for the whole page, sometimes for bits of it. And pages are turning very slowly.

Also, my avatar has disappeared.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is it just me, just my ISP, or the site that's going a bit wonky?

I'm seeing "cannot display" notices, sometimes for the whole page, sometimes for bits of it. And pages are turning very slowly.

Also, my avatar has disappeared.
Hmmm... maybe try restarting your PC. Everything seems fine to me.

Lyraluthuin

K, rebooted, but it still took a few hours before things got back to normal.

Are there any ComCast net users out there who had major issues with Internet browsing today?

touched

lol

lol

If being right makes me a horses rear.... than so be it. :p Acts 17:26 “And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,

God made all of us, He made our dwelling places... i.e., earth, heaven and hell - those are our boundaries! Therefore the verse means just what it says!

Furthermore.... the next verse defeats pre-determinism....

Acts 17:27 “so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;

In the hope??? God "hopes" that we might grope for Him and find Him! What an awesome verse for the open view - thanks Todd!

In other words... God made us in a way so that we seek Him. It would be illogical for God to want us to seek Him and then predetermine that some would not seek Him.

Next "question"...
Psalms 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

Again.... it's always good to read the verse in context.

Psalms 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance,

God knows us from the very beginning, and God is telling us through David that He knows us through and through and there is nothing we can hide from Him...

Psalms 139:1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me.

Psalms 139:13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.

Therefore explaining...
Psalms 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed

And then...
And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

Again God has a plan for all of us, and we should follow it. We have the ability to NOT follow God's ways as we learn in Proverbs 3:5 and Proverbs chapter 16 as you so nicely pointed out to us last week.

God has fashioned our days and God will even direct our steps!

The real question is.... will we follow Him or will we not?

so much for the short answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.