ECT As a Christian - is there any area you fail in?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are supposed to, but I don't because I don't know what the Pharisees say, only what the law says... which I observe minus tzit-tzit.

They sit in the seat of Moses. Take yourself to the local Temple and do as the red letters demand.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the concision: for we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God, and glory in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh: though I myself might have confidence even in the flesh: if any other man thinketh to have confidence in the flesh, I yet more: circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; as touching zeal, persecuting the church; as touching the righteousness which is in the law, found blameless. Howbeit what things were gain to me, these have I counted loss for Christ. (*Philippians‬ *3‬:*2-7‬ ASV)

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus, in His ministry on earth spoke of the new covenant and the rules of it.

By your own admission you are not in the new covenant.
This is who it will be with (Hebrews 8:8 KJV).

Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Yep! Jesus Christ while on earth was certainly not dispensing grace (Matthew 23:1-3 KJV, John 14:15 KJV). He chose an apostle (Acts 9:15 KJV, Romans 11:13 KJV) to dispense this grace (Ephesians 3:8 KJV).

You should give that sect you are in a big miss.
As concerning this sect, we know that every where it is spoken against.

It is keeping you dead in your sins.
Nonsense. Christ is risen (1 Corinthians 15:7 KJV) for our justification (Romans 4:25 KJV)!

Trust the Lord for salvation believing the gospel that is the power of God to save you (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe that a messenger sent by Jesus with instructions from Jesus would require obedience??
I actually don't know what you mean so I don't know how to answer. Of course obedience to Christ is required of us of God.

Doom

I actually don't know what you mean so I don't know how to answer. Of course obedience to Christ is required of us of God.
How can you not understand the question? If Jesus sent someone to tell you to do something, are you being disobedient if you don't do it?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How can you not understand the question? If Jesus sent someone to tell you to do something, are you being disobedient if you don't do it?
We should obey Jesus, and in so far as you are talking about instruction that is consistent with God's commands found in scripture, yes.

Doom

We should obey Jesus, and in so far as you are talking about instruction that is consistent with God's commands found in scripture, yes.
"But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said,

"Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life."

Have you obeyed this command from the Lord?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"But the angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them forth, and said,

"Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life."

Have you obeyed this command from the Lord?
I have communicated the gospel to people. But are you asking if that command applied to me?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not in the temple you haven't.
I don't know what you are talking about, and I have read the Bible.
Are you saying that not ALL of Jesus' commands apply to you?
Not at all. They all apply to me. Then the question is in what way do they apply to me? Because I believe it is important for all of us to preach (or, communicate) the gospel, not just 12 apostles 2000 years ago.

Doom

I don't know what you are talking about, and I have read the Bible.
I think you do know, but you are Unintentionally being silly.

You have not obeyed the words of Jesus that YOU are to go stand in the temple and speak the words of life. In fact, you can't, because there is no more temple. YOU cannot obey these words, and in fact, Jesus NEVER meant for you to, because He did not say them to YOU.

Understand?

They all apply to me.
Then you better get busy rebuilding the temple.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think you do know, but you are Unintentionally being silly.

You have not obeyed the words of Jesus that YOU are to go stand in the temple and speak the words of life. In fact, you can't, because there is no more temple. YOU cannot obey these words, and in fact, Jesus NEVER meant for you to, because He did not say them to YOU.

Understand?
I do understand that. For example, commands pertaining to Levitical priests are not for me to observe because I am not a Levitical priests. But they are still commands of God. We need to read and allow God to show us what we are to observe meaning what we are to apply to our lives. Sometimes we can gain something spiritually from observing God's commands that were not given specifically to us. It would be wrong to say from the verse you are looking at that we should not preach Christ because they had to go to the temple and do it, for example.

Doom, this is different than not performing sacrifice in temple for the reason that the temple is not standing, and if it were then we would have to understand if sacrifice is not for us or if there is a particular way we would be supposed to offer sacrifice, Law observant foreigner or not.
Then you better get busy rebuilding the temple.
That is not something I have been called to do. You are simply dismissing the point of what God is trying to show you. The scriptures you are using in this manner were not meant to be used this way.

Doom

The scriptures you are using in this manner were not meant to be used this way.
BINGO!

Now, stop taking the words of Jesus that were spoken to and meant for someone else, and placing others under a yoke of slavery to obey commands that were not spoken TO them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
BINGO!

Now, stop taking the words of Jesus that were spoken to and meant for someone else, and placing others under a yoke of slavery to obey commands that were not spoken TO them.
That is not the issue here. The issue is people saying we don't have to obey God's commands, like the law of Moses, because they are man's commands and not God's, which is a lie. If you look at all the commands in the New Testament and you understand God's heart for people, you would understand that the Law and the commands of God not found in the Law are all from God and to be taken seriously. It is then that we can look at how these commands apply to us or how they don't.

For example, do you observe that which pertains to the feast of tabernacles, as a person from a nation other than Israel? Or does it not enter your mind because you are not a Jew and do not know God's word?

Would you say that this instruction found in Zechariah, has been fulfilled and is not for us today? Or, would you say that since there is not a temple, it is not for us yet? Or, what would you say?