ECT As a Christian - is there any area you fail in?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We know Christians do not practice sin.

Practice shows behavior of some sort, so yes they do. But they don't sin because they are not in sin. They are freed from the law and death. A Christian still covets which is sin, but the coveting is not sin to a Christian (saint).

And you need to stop with taking different parts of the Bible, putting them in a blender and hitting puree.

1 John shows you are in sin and not resurrected. That is not written to us. James, same thing. He requires allegiance to a duty (keep the whole law).

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wrong question. The question is "Have you obeyed God?"

Either you have and you are the righteousness of God in Christ (saved)

or

You haven't obeyed God and you are unrighteous and dead.

To obey Him is to believe what He says concerning His Son.

To disobey Him is any attempt to be righteous by observing the Law.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Practice shows behavior of some sort, so yes they do. But they don't sin because they are not in sin. They are freed from the law and death. A Christian still covets which is sin, but the coveting is not sin to a Christian (saint).

And you need to stop with taking different parts of the Bible, putting them in a blender and hitting puree.

1 John shows you are in sin and not resurrected. That is not written to us. James, same thing. He requires allegiance to a duty (keep the whole law).
I really don't know what you are saying.

1 John says the one who is born of God does not sin. Do you believe this was Jesus and not you?

1 John 3:4 NASB - Everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness; and sin is lawlessness.

1 John 3:8 NASB - the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 3:9 NASB - No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Coveting is sin. That is what scripture says.

1 John 3:9 NKJV - Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

journey

Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. Do you believe He was born of God?

Do you believe any believer can say they are born again and born of God?

Already answered in my previous post. Salvation is the same thing as being born again or born of god, so see my previous post.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Already answered in my previous post. Salvation is the same thing as being born again or born of god, so see my previous post.
Amen. I don't see that in your post, but I have no disagreement with you.

John 1:12 NKJV - But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

John 1:13 NKJV - who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

journey

1 John 1:8-10 KJV If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 2:1-2 KJV My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Study should clear up any perceived contradictions in 1 John.

journey

john w

Hall of Fame
I do refer to the Savior as the Lord Jesus Christ. I also believe I am to obey Him as Lord.

Show some respect-it is the Lord Jesus Christ-always..

You:
#21-" Do you believe that Jesus was born of God and no one else?"
#32-"Do you obey Jesus?"
#38- "Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

You:
#32-"Do you obey Jesus?"
Yes. Jesus is Lord and Christ to myself and fellow believers, and He is no less these because of the existence of the unsaved who do not obey Him.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes. Jesus is Lord and Christ to myself and fellow believers, and He is no less these because of the existence of the unsaved who do not obey Him.

You:
#32-"Do you obey Jesus?"

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

You:
#32-"Do you obey Jesus?"
Amen. Always. It doesn't matter in regard to this statement if a person is born again or not. But for Jesus to be a person's personal Lord and Savior they must be born again.

Aimiel

I believe you are saying it is possible to be closer to God. Do you see value in God's commands for you?
Of course. If I didn't, I wouldn't call myself by His Name. We all need to perfect our love walk. It's the ONLY thing that's important. The rest pales by comparison in significance. God IS Love. We need to be more like Him. He forgives un-conditionally. He always loves every single soul. We need to, also. He ate with sinners and because He didn't have any respect of persons but treated every soul as if they were as important as God, they loved and respected Him. Anyone would repent and follow Him, if they could just see Him. They need to see Him in us. If they don't it sure isn't His fault.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Of course. If I didn't, I wouldn't call myself by His Name. We all need to perfect our love walk. It's the ONLY thing that's important. The rest pales by comparison in significance. God IS Love. We need to be more like Him. He forgives un-conditionally. He always loves every single soul. We need to, also. He ate with sinners and because He didn't have any respect of persons but treated every soul as if they were as important as God, they loved and respected Him. Anyone would repent and follow Him, if they could just see Him. They need to see Him in us. If they don't it sure isn't His fault.
Love (properly understood) should take the first place.

Aimiel

It is, indeed, the summation of the law and the prophets. Enoch discovered this and walked in perfect love: placing the needs of God above his own life.

john w

Hall of Fame
Amen. Always. It doesn't matter in regard to this statement if a person is born again or not. But for Jesus to be a person's personal Lord and Savior they must be born again.

"Amen. Always"-you this post

vs.

"But ..."-you this post

vs. you on others posts:

#32-"Do you obey Jesus?"

You're lying, or smashed-no other option.

Show some respect-it is the Lord Jesus Christ-always.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"Amen. Always"-you this post

vs.

"But ..."-you this post

vs. you on others posts:

#32-"Do you obey Jesus?"

You're lying, or smashed-no other option.

Show some respect-it is the Lord Jesus Christ-always.[/U]
If a person rejects that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior, He is not their personal Lord and Savior but He is still our Lord and our Savior. That is, He is still always Lord and Savior whether a person believes it or not.