Are You a Misogynist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I believe you've gone senile you old reprobate!
How would I know if men hate me? What a malicious question.
My husband loved me. My Brothers love me. My son loves me. My nephews all love me as do my grand sons.
I am a widow and quite content to spend my time with family and old friends.

so why are you so obsessed with this word
misogynist?

why do you call me a misogynist?

why did you start this thread?

fzappa13

But as John Prine sang so eloquently: "a question isn't really a question, if you already know the answer, too". :guitar:

mmmmmm ... I think that's called a rhetorical question ... and while we are on the subject of neat words; how come women get a word like "misogynist" to refer to women haters and all men get is, well, "man haters." I need a really cool word to affix to Alanis Morissette.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
so why are you so obsessed with this word
misogynist?

Why does anyone use certain words? I once knew a guy who obsessively used the word feminist ... even though he didn't really know what it meant.

bybee

do you call them names because they hate you?
or
do they hate you because you call them names?

No one has yet admitted that they hate me?
When I go out to my garden and spy a weed sticking it's head above the poesies I pull it out.
So too with persons who make insulting, patronizing, judgmental, manipulative and specious statements here on TOL.
On so many threads, both those you start and those you enter you have shown yourself to be a weed among the lovely flowers.
So, OBVIOUSLY! that makes you a target!
If you had any guts at all you would admit that you hate me because I have stepped on your precious wimpy masculine sensibilities and I have had the gall to call you out!!!
Come out of your hole you Weasel and make a stand for yourself!!!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No one has yet admitted that they hate me?
When I go out to my garden and spy a weed sticking it's head above the poesies I pull it out.
So too with persons who make insulting, patronizing, judgmental, manipulative and specious statements here on TOL.
On so many threads, both those you start and those you enter you have shown yourself to be a weed among the lovely flowers.
So, OBVIOUSLY! that makes you a target!
If you had any guts at all you would admit that you hate me because I have stepped on your precious wimpy masculine sensibilities and I have had the gall to call you out!!!
Come out of your hole you Weasel and make a stand for yourself!!!

do you think I am the only one who hates you?
or
are there others?

do you call them names only if they hate you?

bybee

do you think I am the only one who hates you?
or
are there others?

do you call them names only if they hate you?

...and I should give half-a-rat's-hind-end because some person's hate me?
You are barking up the wrong tree you insipid little man. I don't care what you think.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
...and I should give half-a-rat's-hind-end because some person's hate me?
You are barking up the wrong tree you insipid little man. I don't care what you think.

did they hate you before you started calling them names?

Status
Not open for further replies.