Are You a Misogynist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PureX

Does an imperfect being really understand and accept that he is an imperfect being if he goes around assuming that his imperfect conceptions of God and morality are absolutely true and correct? And then he uses them to pass judgment and condemnation of everyone who doesn't agree with him?

Yet this is exactly how many religious Christians exercise their "faith". And it seems to me that the only thing they've put their faith in is the illusion of their own righteousness. While the only imperfection they understand and accept is someone else's.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Nietzsche was passionate. :AMR1:
And ironic.

I'll never forget my mentor who oversaw my honors' thesis on Nietzsche telling me, "Nietzsche was an anti-Christian who remained at his core a Christian."
Like describing Colonel Sanders as a vegetarian at heart. :p :)

Does an imperfect being really understand and accept that he is an imperfect being if he goes around assuming that his imperfect conceptions of God and morality are absolutely true and correct?
If he thinks he can encompass God he is irrational. If he thinks imperfection is a bar to any understanding of God he is equally irrational.

bybee

Thanks for including this:

So, to respond to both, a liar and a...no, that about covers it.

Edit: because I don't want to confuse Sky any more than I have to, I'm not a liberal and I've never denied anyone's humanity.

We do know, however, that slander is sod's main weapon as he seeks to find a place amongst his betters.

PureX

If he thinks he can encompass God he is irrational. If he thinks imperfection is a bar to any understanding of God he is equally irrational.
And yet irrationality is a common expression of imperfection, is it not? Which would certainly explain it's predominance among we humans.

So that we find ourselves caught in a paradox: presuming a perfection that we can't ourselves perceive. Aspiring to knowledge that we can't even cognate. And preaching a righteousness that we can't actually recognize.

It seems to me that humility would become a very, very important virtue for a creature with such a paradoxical experience of existence. And yet it's a virtue seldom cultivated among religious Christians these days. And I think that's very unfortunate.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
It seems humility would become a very, very important virtue for a creature existing in such a paradox.

yourself excluded, of course

And yet it's a virtue seldom cultivated among religious Christians, these days.

awww - all that judgmentalism got in the way of your humiility :(

fail.gif

rainee

Does an imperfect being really understand and accept that he is an imperfect being if he goes around assuming that his imperfect conceptions of God and morality are absolutely true and correct?

That.

And yet irrationality is a common expression of imperfection, is it not?

So this defines man to you, Pure?

What happened to "a man's reach is supposed to exceed his grasp" - or your fingers would be fused to your opposable thumb?

Status
Not open for further replies.