ECT ARE THERE TWO GOSPELS HERE ??

God's Truth

Many human acts reflect faith, but faith itself depends on its object. The object of Christian faith is what Christ did, not human acts in response to that. We as Christians do not have faith in HOW we repented or HOW we got baptized or HOW the Spirit worked immediately, etc., etc, but only in 'the doing and dying of Christ'--Luther.

Luther was a Catholic who was influenced by Augustine and Aquinas. They are the choice fathers of Calvin instead of the Holy Bible which says only one Father and Teacher. John Calvin came after Luther and went even further into falseness.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A person who speaks the way you do is a mocker and cannot be reasoned with.
It was a command of Jesus to His followers.
Not surprised you do not see it as such, as you are blinded to much of scripture.

God's Truth

You put him in the conversation by saying an apostle was one that was taught directly by God.
Stop blaming others for the errors of your own words.

So you don't want to discuss and reason together? You don't want to reason together?

You know that what I said endangers your false beliefs, because you and your ilk have used Paul explaining that he is an apostle because he was too taught directly by Jesus, even though it was after he died and ascended. Your ilk taught that Paul received a different gospel and it was different and better because it was taught by the ascended Lord. You now see that it is nonsense. What Jesus said while he walked the earth is no less than when he ascended to heaven. Paul was merely trying to prove that he was an apostle because even though he was not with Jesus while Jesus walked the earth, he was taught by him afterwards because Jesus still lives even though he died.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you don't want to discuss and reason together? You don't want to reason together?
You shouldn't have said what you did if you do not believe it.
It was YOU that said an apostle was one that was taught directly by God.
Adam was taught directly by God.
By your very own words, it makes Adam an apostle.

God's Truth

You shouldn't have said what you did if you do not believe it.
It was YOU that said an apostle was one that was taught directly by God.
By your very own words, it makes Adam an apostle.

What I have brought destroys your false doctrines.

Tell us what an apostle is, and I will prove to you what one is according to the Word.

Jerry Shugart

They had to hear the message that saves.

Yes, and they were saved by believing and believing alone, as witnessed by the words of the Lord Jesus here:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (Jn.5:24).​

According to your prideful ideas the word "believeth" not only means to believe but it also means to obey.

Only a prideful heart would ever pervert the words of the Lord Jesus in the way that you do.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What I have brought destroys your false doctrines.
What you have done is contradict your own words.
YOU are the one that said an apostle was one that was taught directly by God.
Why would you make such a statement, and then turn right around and disagree with your own words!!??!!

God's Truth

Yes, and they were saved by believing and believing alone, as witnessed by the words of the Lord Jesus here:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life" (Jn.5:24).​

According to your prideful ideas the word "believeth" not only means to believe but it also means to obey.

Only a prideful heart would ever pervert the words of the Lord Jesus in the way that you do.

Jesus says we belong to whom we obey.

Is your heart ready to accept and believe that?

If you obey God, you love Him and are His child.

If you do not obey Him, you obey the devil and are the devil's child.

John 8:44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 8:38
I am telling you what I have seen in the Father's presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father

John 8:41
You are doing the works of your own father." "We are not illegitimate children," they protested. "The only Father we have is God himself."

John 8:55
Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word.

1 John 2:4
Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

1 John 3:8
The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.

1 John 3:10
This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God's child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

1 John 3:15
Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.

God's Truth

What you have done is contradict your own words.
YOU are the one that said an apostle was one that was taught directly by God.
Why would you make such a statement, and then turn right around and disagree with your own words!!??!!

Call Adam an apostle then. The Truth stands.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh yeah that was real funny, not.
It was your own words, GT.
But I don't blame you for laughing at your own words, as they often contradict what you have already said.
Your very own words show the flaws you present by contradicting yourself.
Stop saying things you don't even believe yourself just to be flapping your jaw.

Matthew 12 KJV
(36) But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
(37) For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You shouldn't have said that an apostle is one that was taught directly by God if you don't even believe it yourself.
Either Adam is an apostle or you don't even believe your own words, GT.
You do that all the time.

God's Truth

You shouldn't have said that an apostle is one that was taught directly by God if you don't even believe it yourself.
Either Adam is an apostle or you don't even believe your own words, GT.
You do that all the time.

I spoke the truth. An apostle is one taught and sent by God.

John 20:21 Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."

Acts 9:15
"Go!" said the Lord. "This man is My chosen instrument to carry My name before the Gentiles and their kings, and before the people of Israel.

Acts 22:21 "Then the Lord said to me, 'Go; I will send you far away to the Gentiles.'"

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I spoke the truth.
Your "truth" has Adam as an apostle.
Adam was directly taught by God.
And you said an apostle was one that was directly taught by God.
And then you, being the flake you are, argued against your very own words!
:rotfl:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You shouldn't be flapping your jaw with idle words that you don't even agree with.
But you do it all the time anyway.

God's Truth

Now we have seen an example of a desperate ensnared person.

Enjoy:

Luke 24:63The men who were holding Jesus began to mock Him and beat Him. 64They blindfoldedHim and kept demanding, “Prophesy! Who hitYou?” 65And they said many other blasphemous things against Him.

Matthew 26:68
and said, "Prophesy to us, Christ! Who hit You?"

Mark 14:65
Then some of them began to spit on Him. They blindfolded Him, struck Him with their fists, and said to Him, "Prophesy!" And the officers received Him with slaps in His face.

2 Kings 2:23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. "Get out of here, baldy!" they said. "Get out of here, baldy!"

2 Chronicles 36:16
but they continually mocked the messengers of God, despised His words and scoffed at His prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against His people, until there was no remedy.

Psalm 31:18
Let the lying lips be mute, Which speak arrogantly against the righteous With pride and contempt.

2 Peter 3:3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will abandon the faith to follow deceitful spirits and the teachings of demons,

Jude 1:18
when they said to you, "In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow after their own ungodly desires."

Matthew 27:31
After they had mocked Him, they removed the robe and put His own clothes back on Him. Then they led Him away to crucify Him.

Mark 15:19
They kept striking His head with a staff and spitting on Him. And they knelt down and bowed before Him.

Galatians 6:6-10 Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor. Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Psalm 74:17-23 You set all the limits on the earth; you created summer and winter. Lord, remember how the enemy insulted you. Remember how those foolish people made fun of you. Do not give us, your doves, to those wild animals. Never forget your poor people. Remember the agreement you made with us, because violence fills every dark corner of this land. Do not let your suffering people be disgraced. Let the poor and helpless praise you. God, arise and defend yourself. Remember the insults that come from those foolish people all day long. Don’t forget what your enemies said; don’t forget their roar as they rise against you always.

Proverbs 14:6-9 A scoffer seeks wisdom and finds none, But knowledge is easy to one who has understanding. Leave the presence of a fool, Or you will not discern words of knowledge. The wisdom of the sensible is to understand his way, But the foolishness of fools is deceit. Fools mock at sin, But among the upright there is good will.

Thessalonians 4:7-8 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is a new law and it is without the works of the old law, and those works of the old law are called the purification/ceremonial works.
It was the whole law, doofus.
If you break any point of the whole law, you are guilty of the whole law.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You shouldn't have said that an apostle is one that is taught directly from God,and then contradict your own words.
It's a bad habit that you need to repent of.