ECT ARE THERE TWO GOSPELS HERE ??

Jerry Shugart

A person has to believe and obey to get saved.

Why do you continue to brag that you know more about salvation than Paul, who answered the following way?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"
(Acts 16:30-31).​

Your pride is your downfall!

God's Truth

Why do you continue to brag that you know more about salvation than Paul, who answered the following way?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"
(Acts 16:30-31).​

Your pride is your downfall!

Believe on the Lord. What does the Lord say? The Lord says to obey.

These scriptures show that the gospel isn't even for you if you do not do right:

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

John 18:37 Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Jesus says to believe and that no one is your Lord unless you obey that person:

Matthew 7:22-23

They might have cast out demons in Jesus' name and prophesied---but Jesus doesn't tell everyone to do that to be saved. Jesus tells us to REPENT OF OUR SINS to be saved. Jesus told those people that they still sinned so he never knew them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
An apostle is one who was directly taught by Jesus and one who did not learn first by another man.
Since you believe Jesus to be the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, then anytime any of them taught anyone anything, it would be taught by Jesus.
Therefore, by your own theology, Adam was the first apostle because he was taught directly by Jesus.
You get caught consistently in your contradictions.

Interplanner

Many human acts reflect faith, but faith itself depends on its object. The object of Christian faith is what Christ did, not human acts in response to that. We as Christians do not have faith in HOW we repented or HOW we got baptized or HOW the Spirit worked immediately, etc., etc, but only in 'the doing and dying of Christ'--Luther.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rght; Paul meant 'not of works' as in no one has to do the work of the law which are the purification works.
The works of the whole law.
Break one little point of any of the law, and you are guilty of the whole law.

God's Truth

The works of the whole law.
Break one little point of any of the law, and you are guilty of the whole law.

There is a new law and it is without the works of the old law, and those works of the old law are called the purification/ceremonial works.

Paul explains that those are the works that do not save.

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Paul is explaining how the Gentiles were separate because they did not deal with their sin nature by doing the purification/ceremonial works, but how Jesus still saved them and didn't make them get circumcised first. Those are the works that no longer save. Those are the 'not of works' but by 'faith' comes and is about. We only have to have faith now that Jesus' blood cleans our sins; it means we do not have to get circumcised and sacrifice animals. It does not mean we are saved by not obeying God.

Interplanner

Since you believe Jesus to be the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, then anytime any of them taught anyone anything, it would be taught by Jesus.
Therefore, by your own theology, Adam was the first apostle because he was taught directly by Jesus.

Hey let's blow up context and talk about Kennedy's assassination and why UFOs are seen in the SW, too. Every context is included, in your approach.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A person has to believe and obey to get saved. Faith without works is dead and cannot save anyone.

James 2:14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.
James was an apostle of the circumcision.
His epistle is directly addressed to the 12 tribes.
Get a clue.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What exactly?

I'm referring to your calling Adam an apostle which is a ruination of biblical and conversational context. and you think you can project that on to another person. It's ridiculous.
Pay attention, looney toon.
It was GT that said one that was directly taught by God would be an apostle.
Her theology makes Adam the first apostle.
If you can't keep up with what is being said, you should shut up and listen.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey let's blow up context and talk about Kennedy's assassination and why UFOs are seen in the SW, too. Every context is included, in your approach.
Once again, you are not paying attention to what is being said and who is the one saying it.

God's Truth

Right; she is saying anything even though she knows it is ridiculous, or yikes, maybe she doesn't know how ridiculous it sounds. Adam was the first and was not sent to teach a new covenant like the apostles were.

Jerry Shugart

What does the Lord say?

The very thing you are too prideful to believe:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"
(Jn.11:25-26).​

Then He asks:

"Believest thou this?"

Of course you don't believe it because according to you believing is not enough!

You won't be so prideful where you will be going.

God's Truth

Adam wasn't sent to preach. The apostles were. They are apostles because it means they were given the teachings directly from Jesus.

God's Truth

The very thing you are too prideful to believe:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"
(Jn.11:25-26).​

Then He asks:

"Believest thou this?"

Of course you don't believe it because according to you believing is not enough!

You won't be so prideful where you will be going.

They had to hear the message that saves.

The message that saves says to repent of your sins because the Lord Jesus Christ will clean you of them by having faith that his blood shed on the cross does clean them.

Acts 5:20“Go, stand in the temple courts tell the people the full message of this new life.”

Paul's message is not different, it is the same.

Acts 26:23 that Christ would suffer, and as the first to rise from the dead, He would proclaim light to our people and to the Gentiles.”

Galatians 1:23 They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.

Romans 10:12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus and Jerusalem, then to everyone in the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I declared that they should repent and turn to God ,performing deeds worthy of their repentance.

God's Truth

Pay attention, looney toon.
It was GT that said one that was directly taught by God would be an apostle.
Her theology makes Adam the first apostle.
If you can't keep up with what is being said, you should shut up and listen.

Was Adam sent to preach a gospel that saves?

No, so why did you put him in the conversation?

John 20:21 Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Adam wasn't sent to preach. The apostles were. They are apostles because it means they were given the teachings directly from Jesus.
Then you shouldn't contradict yourself by saying that an apostle is one taught directly by God.
Why are you always saying things that contradict what you say just a few moments earlier?
It's as foolish as you always saying that one must obey everything Jesus commands.
You can't keep your stories straight from one moment to the next.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was Adam sent to preach a gospel that saves?

No, so why did you put him in the conversation?

John 20:21 Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."
You put him in the conversation by saying an apostle was one that was taught directly by God.
Stop blaming others for the errors of your own words.