Are Glamour Models Immoral?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

I don't recall this picture you had but speaking only as a man, I can understand your reasoning in what you want in a wife. In no way am I judging you for your criteria. To each his own. But it could have had the very effect on males here that you did not want it to have.

Anyway, having been married going on 20 years I think I've earned the right to say this: tempus fugit. Whatever your wife looks like when you marry her, she won't stay that way for long. If her looks are what had the most meaning to you, prepare to be disappointed, then tempted, sooner or later.

However, the sooner you learn to truly love her for her, and not for her looks...maybe even despite her looks...and the more she loves you for you, the more vivacious and attractive she will remain even as "the flower fades." You'll be less tempted to look at others despite the fading. We males can't imagine that when we're young but world class physical beauty, which WILL end, is FAR outweighed by an average, plain or even homely wife with a godly personality. THAT'S the long game.

Besides...the more attractive she is, the more liable she may be to vanity and other temptations that accompany her beauty. So maybe you dodged a bullet?

In short, take the man's advice.

FWIW. :)

Very wise....and I thought of that song myself.

To say nothing of the fact that some serious accident could erase anyone's outer beauty in a heartbeat.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Scantily dressed, in many cases, in the attire one would expect on a streetwalker.

Is dressing in this fashion immoral?

Of course it is.

Streetwalker? Ask yourself why a whore dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Of course it is.

Streetwalker? Ask yourself why a whore dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

Lot of hookers in your neck of the woods, or something? Something tells me in the Internet age the stereotypical "streetwalkers" are getting rarer and rarer. The two arrests for hooking in my state that I recall from last year featured gals who appeared to be dressed like strung-out white trash. To each their own.

musterion

Of course it is.

Yep. If I may expand it a bit...

Stripper? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

Hooters waitress? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

Ms. America contestant, Bathing Suit competition? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

Victoria's Secret model? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

Cheerleader? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

British newspaper Page 2 Girls (or whatever they're called)? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

1940s pinup cheesecake girl? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

etc etc etc

Some here will say "But that's different." Boiled down to what it is, I'm not seeing how.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I totally agree with that one. The LORD is faithful in HIS job of conforming us into the image of the Son. It can be painful at times, but it is always for our good.

Yes, we come as we are and he cleans us up (1 Pet. 1:2). If one can live habitually in sin, he has no reason to be sure of his salvation. 2 Pe 1:10

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yep. If I may expand it a bit...

Stripper? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

Hooters waitress? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

Ms. America contestant, Bathing Suit competition? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

Victoria's Secret model? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

Cheerleader? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

British newspaper Page 2 Girls (or whatever they're called)? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

1940s pinup cheesecake girl? Ask why she dresses that way, then say dressing that way is not saying anything to an average man.

etc etc etc

Some here will say "But that's different." Boiled down to what it is, I'm not seeing how.

It seems to be you consider any form of titillation or provocation to be inherently "immoral," which isn't surprising and pretty run of the mill.

glorydaz

I know all that. I also know what I need. God will take care of the what ifs.

Be prepared for Him to change your need, at least you should remain open to that possibility.
I realize you might not like that, but I'm just sharing what I've seen Him do time and time again.

Anyway, it isn't the topic of this thread, ...the personal needs of the posters here are just not something I would care to address to tell you the truth. :)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It seems to be you consider any form of titillation or provocation to be inherently "immoral," which isn't surprising and pretty run of the mill.

Which actually ties in nicely with the OP. Glamour models are provoking. While I don't see them as immoral, I also don't see much of a difference between a model as compared to a stripper.

Both dress and pose provocatively in order to sell a product.

musterion

A boy sees things.

A man sees things for what they are.

A wise man sees things for what they are and calls them what God calls them.

Climate, that's for someone who won't understand it, not aimed at you.

ClimateSanity

Be prepared for Him to change your need, at least you should remain open to that possibility.
I realize you might not like that, but I'm just sharing what I've seen Him do time and time again.

Anyway, it isn't the topic of this thread, ...the personal needs of the posters here are just not something I would care to address to tell you the truth. :)

Well. I didn't want to go down this path anyway. The incessant harassment made me want to try to set the story straight and this is the inevitable conclusion.

It's a shame when you have to get this deeply personal when clearing your name.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Which actually ties in nicely with the OP. Glamour models are provoking. While I don't see them as immoral, I also don't see much of a difference between a model as compared to a stripper.

Both dress and pose provocatively in order to sell a product.

Eh. I do. Maybe my perspective's different as a guy.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Eh. I do. Maybe my perspective's different as a guy.

The biggest difference I am seeing is the delivery and viewing. One is live, the other is on paper.

Either way, there is only one person who is responsible for viewing them: the person who voluntarily pays money to go to a strip club OR buys a magazine to look at these models who are dressed in very little while posing provocatively.

Status
Not open for further replies.