ARCHIVE: Open Theism part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

elohiym

OK, I give. Your were right. You did mean two photons. Wow, that is complicated. And you have given me proof, deja vu, not that the future exists but rather that stupid exists and it can't be fixed.
If the future doesn't exist yet, how could Hartwell, Radin and Bierman get the results they did in their experiments?

I notice you avoided that empirical evidence. Of course you would. Tell you what, I have better things to do. :wave2:

Philetus

Who are you talking to? Who is everyone? Are you imagining a gang of tough guys standing around you? Can you argue without all the drama? Please try.
I know what proof is. Here is the definition for you: Proof is the cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact.

I have provided proof, as evidenced by your statement...

Realizing that you don't understand the ramification of no lapse in time between photons at opposite ends of the universe (proof #1), I gave Phil a proof that is easier to understand, specifically the experiments done by Hartwell which were duplicated by Radin and Bierman (proof #2).

"Proof? You want PROOF! You can't handle the proof!"

When shown this clip from Hollywood's extensive stash of provocative images and empirical evidence, 98 out of 100 contestants all conceded that they at least hoped the future existed and that they be shone no more trailers.

Here we go again, Patman. The weekend is closer than we realize. I'm wondering if Bill Clinton will show up again soon. Only God knows.:crackup:

Philetus

If the future doesn't exist yet, how could Hartwell, Radin and Bierman get the results they did in their experiments?

I notice you avoided that empirical evidence. Of course you would. Tell you what, I have better things to do. :wave2:

:wave2:
I guess he is going out drinking with Hartwell, Radin and Bierman.
Ahhhh. Alone at last. Just me and my photons. Just when I was beginning to think he was really elohiym.

patman

I don't know what God did or didn't know.

Your turn. If the future doesn't exist yet, how could Hartwell, Radin and Bierman get the results they did in their experiments?

You are crazy if you think science know/understand what they consider as "time."

But I'll humor you. First, let me start by saying I am a computer developer, not a physicist. I am a part time theologian, and when it comes to your questions, the true answers are found by looking at God, not physics.

Anyway...

It comes as no shock that they would say time does not progress for something that travels the speed of light. It seems almost "no duh". But when you examine light, it does experience change!

Doesn't that seem odd that something that is "timeless" can change?

When light strikes an object, it dies. When it passes through a prism it changes, it is broken apart. It even slows down as it passes through glass.

If there is no duration of time in photons from point A to B, how can it change? Why does white light break down into all the colors of the spectrum if time does not exist in photons?

When I cast a shadow puppet on a wall, the light that hits my hand has a small refraction and after so long, the light is no more. How can a photon go from being locked in a moment in time to not existing? The answer is it can't. It is indeed in time and it too travels along in the present and is a part of the same present as all of us.

Now humor me.. please. Use your brain.

With no realm of physics in existence, can God know the future?

patman

Here we go again, Patman. The weekend is closer than we realize. I'm wondering if Bill Clinton will show up again soon. Only God knows.:crackup:

:chuckle:

This is one crappy week so far! If it keeps up then I'm quitting my job, selling my house, and joining the circus and joining the freak show.

I hope God didn't predestine it to happen.:help:

patman

Human intellect: understanding the premiss----> understanding the conclusion
Divine Intellect: understanding---> (premise-->conclusion)

Human Will: willing the end----> willing the means
Divine Will: willing----> (end--->means)

---> represents causality.

How do you know?

Philetus

:chuckle:

This is one crappy week so far! If it keeps up then I'm quitting my job, selling my house, and joining the circus and joining the freak show.

I hope God didn't predestine it to happen.:help:

Here too. It must be those crappy photons messing with us. All joking aside, I'll lift you up in prayer. Do the same for me. (I miss Tenn when I read your posts. :) )

patman

Here too. It must be those crappy photons messing with us. All joking aside, I'll lift you up in prayer. Do the same for me. (I miss Tenn when I read your posts. :) )

ThAAnks. Ah'LL dauw tha sAAme, Phalaatoos!

(Tenn. for "I'll do the same, Philetus" and no I don't think my accent is really that thick)

:grave:

baloney

BANNED
Banned
Through reasoning. God cannot be in time as time is potential of division into hours, days, minutes etc.
God cannot have any potentiality because absolutely speaking potentiality is posterior to act.

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Through reasoning. God cannot be in time as time is potential of division into hours, days, minutes etc.
God cannot have any potentiality because absolutely speaking potentiality is posterior to act.

I hope you know that you are quoting Aristotle and I hope you know that he also concluded that the world is as eternal God is, are you aware of that?

Philetus

(Tenn. for "I'll do the same, Philetus" and no I don't think my accent is really that thick)

:crackup:
I can drive down hyway 75 through Ky and Tenn at 75 miles an hour, at night, not stop for gas, not even roll down my window and my drawl increases by the second.
I'll bet my accent is heaver en more ovious then yourn. It's just the knowledge that you are there and I"m stuck in the flat land of IN. Heck, you can stand anywhere here and see ten miles in all directions. There is just something that isn't right about that.

Lon

Muh Grandmuther la'ives in TN. Her axent is nowheres near thet baud.

Status
Not open for further replies.