ECT Apostle, apostle, who's got the apostle!

Hawkins

Okay...

So what you first said above is the "old" definition, meaning "apostle" can now mean anyone people today want to claim is an apostle, if they're inclined to do so.

It is God's business, but God said what He has said. His Word says that He GAVE - a one-time act - the gifts of apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, etc. DanP posted that fact days ago and no one has answered it.

The job of all who believe He's still giving the gifts of the apostolic era is to demonstrate (a) that He is STILL giving these gifts today, (b) WHY He needs to still give them, and (c) how we can KNOW He's still doing so, in order to test true giftings from carnal/satanic counterfeits. I've yet to see one person on this thread even try to do that.

It's not necessarily a one-time act. It is actually a proposed hierarchy of the Church. The hierarchy of Church can include Apostles which is higher than the prophets in terms of ranking.

That's exactly what I meant that God has not explicitly rule out the possibility of sending prophets in the ranking of apostles.

On the other hand, prophet is more than just a ranking. Prophet refers to the type of messengers God calls through supernatural means. A prophet can thus be ranked a a prophet or an apostle (i.e., Paul and Paul alone by far). And I also said that an apostle is basically a high ranking title given to those playing a main role in the process of crafting the NT Bible. They are basically the direct witnesses of Jesus Christ (i.e., except Paul). Now the crafting of the Bible as a whole has already finished. So from my point of view (as a human), I don't see the need for God to send apostles. It however still makes sense to me that prophets will continue to be sent for the different purposes.

This is from my speculation as a human. However, in the end only God can judge whether the sending of an apostle or a prophet is deemed necessary. In this case, the main role of the sent apostle is no longer serving the purpose of crafting the NT Bible, it may be something else God sees as important.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It could be a big old hint. Maybe Orthodox.

when i looked up Apostle definition it mentioned the Mormons use of that title for certain elders. so, obviously folks like that and possibly some Catholics, orthodox faiths etc. will vehemently defend that apostleship is real. it was a title for the original 12, 13 with Matthias and one can say Paul also; the Apostle of the Gentiles. that's it !!!!!!

musterion

when i looked up Apostle definition it mentioned the Mormons use of that title for certain elders. so, obviously folks like that and possibly some Catholics, orthodox faiths etc. will vehemently defend that apostleship is real. it was a title for the original 12, 13 with Matthias and one can say Paul also; the Apostle of the Gentiles. that's it !!!!!!

True, he could be Mormon as well. They have a living apostle at the head of their church, they believe.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
These things follow them who believe.

You do not.

You prefer to lie about other people who believe what the Bible says.

LA

Sorry, but Scripture doesn't say, "These videos will follow them that believe." It says, "signs," for a reason. We cannot 'prove' God and God doesn't do parlour tricks. He responds to faith but will not be proven in a laboratory. That would require no faith. God requires faith. Without faith it is impossible to please Him. You'll never be pleasing to Him until you get off that boat of religion that you're riding in and walk out onto the water of faith in God.

You must have replied to the wrong post.

Musterion wanted proof by videos.

Joh 20:24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
Joh 20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.

LA

oatmeal

For anyone (you know who you are) who believes the gift of apostle is still in force today, five questions:

1. Why do you believe that? Cite the appropriate Scripture.

2. How will one know he has been given the gift of apostleship? Cite the appropriate Scripture.

3. What makes an apostle an apostle? What is an apostle's specific purpose and function for the Body of Christ today? Put simply, what does today's apostle do? Cite the appropriate Scripture.

4. At some point Satan usually tries to counterfeit whatever God does. What should we look for to accurately test and discern a false apostle from a real one? Cite the appropriate Scripture.

5. Do you personally know a verifiable, no fooling, God-gifted apostle? If so, how do you know they're legit? Cite the appropriate Scripture.

The five ministries listed in Ephesians 4:11 are not gifts to individuals but gifts to the church.

Aimiel

In short, why is God limiting that which He did not limit before?
No limit? Did Jesus heal everyone in His own country?

And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.

It wasn't because He was limited or God's Power couldn't do the 'mighty works' it was because of the un-belief of the pastorate.

DAN P

No limit? Did Jesus heal everyone in His own country?

And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.

It wasn't because He was limited or God's Power couldn't do the 'mighty works' it was because of the un-belief of the pastorate.

Hi and off the top of my head , Jesus did few miracles because of Israel's unblief !!

dan p

Aimiel

The un-belief in the West is astounding. So much so that China has already surpassed us in faith. Iran's underground Christian contingent is about to surpass us. We are weaklings in faith in The Body of Christ, IMHO.

DAN P

The un-belief in the West is astounding. So much so that China has already surpassed us in faith. Iran's underground Christian contingent is about to surpass us. We are weaklings in faith in The Body of Christ, IMHO.

Hi and is it because many keep an Jewish Feast Day pf Israel , PENTECOST instead of the MYSTERY of Cl 1:25-27 ??

Plenty of Un-belief their !!

dAN P

Livelystone

Not knowing their status or your views of what unbelief is it is hard for me to conclude what the differences are. On the other hand I consider it safe to say neither of the churches in the locations you speak of have fallen victim to the prosperity gospel that has conquered so many in the "west"

Still, because He who opens the door shuts the door that no man will open again, and because if any Christian anywhere had already walked through this door and into the fulness of Christ formed in them, I think we would have heard of it.

I do not believe those churches have slipped as far many in the west have, but no one over there is walking in a higher level of an anointing never seen here. As it is the mystery will not be fulfilled without the latter rain of Tabernacles first being given. Therefore, and IMO what is better there comes from the benefit of less corruption but they still walking in the same Pentecost level of anointing the churches in the west are.