Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

Right. They assumed, they "knew" he was being punished. Except they were wrong for assuming. That's why it's needless, dangerous thing to do.

Oh, really dangerous. They were wrong about Job. I'm not wrong about strippers. Hosea, Jeremiah, Isaiah and Paul were not wrong about pointing out that sinners reap what they sow. It's a Biblical principle you're trying to eradicate because of your ungodly political correctness.

Stripping is wrong and deserving of judgment and consequence, as all sin is, absent grace. I've never been less than clear on the point. Like I've noticed, you blend your complaints into one thing and that's what everyone who differs with you is and thinks.

There you go...pretending like consequences and judgment are the same thing. There are consequences in this life whether our sins are forgiven by grace or not. That is your disconnect. That is where your humanistic thinking takes over. That is your error. What you're claiming is that when our sins are forgiven we can freely go on our merry way without consequences in this LIFE. Surely, as a lawyer, you can see the fallacy in that line of "reasoning".

Sure. It's always everyone else's fault. Maybe God was punishing me for trusting you.

If you were trusting me to always agree with you, then, yes, you were wrong to trust me, and God may well be teaching you a lesson. Not that you can't "trust" but that you can't dictate what that is to mean. Telling you the truth is not a bad thing, nor does it make me untrustworthy.

I have. Let's compare. Start quoting beginning with the earliest point in our conversation. Let's see who said what and when. I'm absolutely game.

I'm quite sure you're game. You love talking. Unfortunately, I don't enjoy all this drivel. I don't really care to hear how sorry you feel for me and how disappointed you are in me. I have better things to do with my time than listen to such nonsense. I can't stand that kind of "drama". I've had my fill of drama in this life.

I wouldn't expect it now. I don't imagine I could wound you even a little. And I'm very, very sorry to say that about you.

You're sorry that you can't "wound" me? Really? Surely you jest?

Do you think I should be so invested in myself and my self image that I can be wounded when I'm not thought of highly enough? That's very odd.

No, I'm pretty sure the insults, like humanism, liar, gutless, etc. existed independent of my imagination. That you can't read into me.

I can and did read that into you. You have claimed you know what God will and will not allow ....just as humanists do. Even when Res showed you many examples that were clear as a bell that God had allowed all kinds of evil for His own purposes. And you were gutless when you left me unable to respond to your nonsense with you "closed thread". Your attempts to justify that were lame.

And if you don't want to be called a liar, then stop telling lies. You make things up and attribute them to me by twisting my words. It's very clever, but WRONG, nonetheless. If you don't want to be called a humanist, then stop talking like one. It seems pretty simple to me.

So it's like empathy, you're just misunderstood...by anyone who differs with you. :plain:

If I told you that you misunderstood me, then I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I don't think you're stupid....although "indoctrinated" might be an excuse. :think:

You're no better than her, absent grace. None of us are.

You do understand that we live in this world.....that when we do something wrong there are consequences right here in this world, don't you? Don't count on saving grace to keep you from suffering consequences tomorrow and the next day and the next. My children learned that at an early age....what in God's name were you taught? :wazzup:

I'll guarantee you one thing, I won't suffer any consequences for stripping...or for stealing....or for lying....or for speeding...or for robbing a store.

That's right, you're the victim here, more caring than anyone appearing to care for the victim of rape and blaming the violator, unlike the stripper who you're reasonably sure is just getting what she had coming...or is it a twofer, given the punishment that will follow the rapist? And your insults are virtue drippings as you attempt to lead blood spurting, humanist liberals into the shadow of your virtue. So mute it be. :plain:

Golly, I think you've been taking lessons from Bybee. That's good because I've picked up a few gems from her as well.

No. I am not the victim. I've never given you a reason to make that accusation in spite of your skill at twisting facts. Therefore, you're lying again. Good job. The stripper is a victim, but not without guilt of her own. You and your fellow do gooders are not doing that stripper any good by telling her she did nothing to deserve the suffering that came upon her. You'd rather LIE and say her suffering was ALL some other guy's fault.

ClimateSanity

Being in the minority isn't a sure sign of virtue. Were it you'd have to find homosexuals and atheists paragons. Bigots too.

We can't all be as kind as you...declare yourself to be in between this sort of thing.

See, once you get that judgment wagon rolling it really takes on a life of its own.

God knows you won't.

It's an internet forum. How powerful can anyone be? :plain:
They have the power to make you cower in fear of being attacked. They can constantly harass you. They can deliberately push your buttons to get you to flame out. It may not be face to face living reality but it has the same dynamic as real life. You feel the same feelings as you do in real life relations... At least I do. Everyone has the desire to be respected and viewed as legitimate even though it isn't real life. The attacks can be more vicious than real life because there are no repercussions. What you said in the last line might be credible for many cases here. I have opened up about my personal life to people here only to have it spread around publicly. I gave my preferences in areas that are considered taboo. These are all part of who I am? So, what can they possibly do on an internet forum, they can tear you to pieces....that's what. The real danger is believing they what they say about you is possibly true. That is where real damage can occur. I took those accusations against me personally and just the thought of them being remotely true was devastating. So, what could an internet forum possibly do???? A whole heck of a lot....really.

glorydaz

Being in the minority isn't a sure sign of virtue. Were it you'd have to find homosexuals and atheists paragons. Bigots too.

The word was MOB not majority....twist that one, counselor.

We can't all be as kind as you...declare yourself to be in between this sort of thing.

Sadly, liberals think they're being kind when they are only being stupid.

See, once you get that judgment wagon rolling it really takes on a life of its own.

Yeah, you jumped right on that bandwagon ....judging those who were calling a stripper immoral and deserving of the consequences of her bad behavior.

You simply can't abide such "righteous judgment"...where we call a spade a spade. Yours must be the humanist's judgment wagon....where you call good evil and evil good. You just jumped on the wrong wagon train, Town, and now you're beside yourself that you've been called to task.

God knows you won't.

It's an internet forum. How powerful can anyone be? :plain:

He was worried. I said they have no power. I suppose your smart little comment is supposed to be a swat of some sort? :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

I know....you and your cronies think she deserves only good for her bad behavior. That's like claiming you deserve to discover gold when you pick your nose. :idea:

You really are out of the ball park, but you carry on thinking you know what everyone else thinks...

You suck at it but carry on regardless...

Arthur Brain

Yeah, you jumped right on that bandwagon ....judging those who were calling a stripper immoral and deserving of the consequences of her bad behavior.

You simply can't abide such "righteous judgment"...where we call a spade a spade. Yours must be the humanist's judgment wagon....where you call good evil and evil good. You just jumped on the wrong wagon train, Town, and now you're beside yourself that you've been called to task.

He was worried. I said they have no power. I suppose your smart little comment is supposed to be a swat of some sort? :chuckle:

"Righteous Judgement". It's almost funny...

glorydaz

They have the power to make you cower in fear of being attacked. They can constantly harass you. They can deliberately push your buttons to get you to flame out. It may not be face to face living reality but it has the same dynamic as real life. You feel the same feelings as you do in real life relations... At least I do. Everyone has the desire to be respected and viewed as legitimate even though it isn't real life. The attacks can be more vicious than real life because there are no repercussions. What you said in the last line might be credible for many cases here. I have opened up about my personal life to people here only to have it spread around publicly. I gave my preferences in areas that are considered taboo. These are all part of who I am? So, what can they possibly do on an internet forum, they can tear you to pieces....that's what. The real danger is believing they what they say about you is possibly true. That is where real damage can occur. I took those accusations against me personally and just the thought of them being remotely true was devastating. So, what could an internet forum possibly do???? A whole heck of a lot....really.

They claim to have a heart. One that bleeds all over for a hypothetical stripper who gets hypothetically raped. Yet when a real person dares to voice his opinion about the principle of reaping what we sow, these people will stop at NOTHING. Anything that is possible to do or say over the world wide web, they will do with all possible vigor and glee. Cyber hypocrites....ya gotta love em.

Just keep speaking the truth, CS, not all people here run with the mob.

Arthur Brain

They claim to have a heart. One that bleeds all over for a hypothetical stripper who gets hypothetically raped. Yet when a real person dares to voice his opinion about the principle of reaping what we sow, these people will stop at NOTHING. Anything that is possible to do or say over the world wide web, they will do with all possible vigor and glee. Cyber hypocrites....ya gotta love em.

Just keep speaking the truth, CS, not all people here run with the mob.

Oh blah blah blah...

Nice rant there GD. Sorry if most folk don't think that a stripper deserves to be raped for "bad behaviour" but there ya go.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I was talking about the person who wasn't in the MOB. You'd only just made a heroic self-assessment about daring to stand against the crowd. The twisting is in your noggin.
More of that devastating empathy on display then.

I didn't. I judged the merit of the argument. That's why you're not quoting me, again.

You simply can't abide such "righteous judgment"...where we call a spade a spade.
Said Job's friends. And they were wrong.

Yours must be the humanist's judgment wagon.
Here's my first hard response to you: this thing you're doing lacks character and runs contrary to actual virtue.

...where you call good evil and evil good.
Not ever.

I get my education is a problem for you. It came through in the "fancier words" comment, in the lawyer/counselor bit and now in this. I'd explain what I meant but that would only make you angrier.

Arthur Brain

You should know by now that I'll do exactly what I believe the Lord would have me do. I'll comfort those who deserve it, and whack those who deserve to be whacked. :jessilu:

Eh, roughly translated you'll act like a pompous puritan who has no understanding of the traumatic effects of rape and will continue to act like a complete ignoramus. I would hope that nobody has the misfortune to be 'comforted' by you.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Eh, roughly translated you'll act like a pompous puritan who has no understanding of the traumatic effects of rape and will continue to act like a complete ignoramus. I would hope that nobody has the misfortune to be 'comforted' by you.
At least whoever gets her for Secret Santa doesn't have to figure out what to get. They only have to find a robe size. :plain:

Meanwhile, rape remains a sin, contrary to God and to the law of the state and no one who is raped bears any responsibility for the violative act of the actual offender.

glorydaz

I was talking about the person who wasn't in the MOB. You'd only just made a heroic self-assessment about daring to stand against the crowd. The twisting is in your noggin.

More of that devastating empathy on display then.

I didn't. I judged the merit of the argument. That's why you're not quoting me, again.

Said Job's friends. And they were wrong.

Here's my first hard response to you: this thing you're doing lacks character.

Another empty sleeve you'l never wrap a quote of mine around to justify.

I get my education is a problem for you. It came through in the "fancier words" comment, in the lawyer bit and now in this. I'd explain what I meant but that would only make you angrier.

Thank God I don't have to be fancy to recognize a fool. Now I know what Res saw in you. And now I know why Bybee and friends think you're great.

I'm not the one calling evil good and good evil, Town. I'd check your definition of character if I were you. As a humanist you're top dog. As a man of God .....you're a no more than a babe, if that.

glorydaz

Are you the one holding the sign or something? Cos no wonder folks are headed the other way GD...

Only because I'm slumming over here in the REST. I'm not surprised in the least that you folks can't see that there are consequences in this life for our bad behavior.

The idea that suffering is used by God is a mystery to you folks, and the last thing you want to hear is that you will have consequences for your bad behavior ...that you don't get off scot free when you mess up. You cheat on your wife, and you'll suffer right here in this life.

So, go ahead and whine about how God isn't fair and how He lets you down, and how you simply can't believe that God has anything to do with suffering. If you can't even accept the simple fact that each of us is responsible for our own behavior, then there is no hope that you will listen to common sense. It's why I say there is no room in the liberal mind for common sense. So far you guys keep proving me right. :e4e:

glorydaz

Shoot, I missed this gem. Another wrong assumption.
And, you judged the "merit of the argument" my foot.

I'm not quoting you because you yap so much I wouldn't be able to find it much less recognize something you'd said as having "merit".
You've adulterated what scripture you've cited, and ignored the verses that prove your error. Simply put....you are not worth quoting, and you don't listen, besides. :blabla:

Status
Not open for further replies.