Anyone Who Thinks Another Person Deserves To Be Raped Is A Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

bybee

i'm particularly amused by the extremist feminist claim that all sex is rape, that women can't consent by virtue of our historically patriarchal society, blablablablablablabla
I do not believe anyone has made such an outrageous claim here on TOL?
Being Patriarchal is a good thing. It means that men must stand up and be counted as role models witnessing to almighty God.

glorydaz

That's what the Bible teaches.

True. But, again, if you knowingly put yourself in harm's way instead of wisely avoiding it, then you're responsible for your own stupidity (that's also what the Bible teaches), though absolutely not responsible for the crime of another who took advantage of your stupidity. Is that what happens in every case of rape? NO. No one has ever said it was. But in some cases, yes. Had that simple fact been honestly acknowledged as the fact it is, these threads would have ceased weeks ago.

Exactly. Sadly that simply fact is still being denied. And why? Because of PRIDE. The flat out refusal to admit being wrong.

"I don't like you anymore". Childish pride at it's finest.

glorydaz

Now, now, it is not so bad to be called on your peccadilloes!
If you would consent to unharden your heart and let the Love of God penetrate you might learn compassion and mercy and forgiveness...even love, eventually.

Spoken like a true hypocrite.

You just will not turn from your course, will you? :sigh:

bybee

I assume that goes for me as well. If so, okay.

Two scenarios:

a) A man kidnaps a woman and rapes her.

b) A woman gets drunk or high with a man/men, and he/they rape her.

In both cases, the rapists should HANG BY THE NECK UNTIL DEAD.

The woman in (a) bears no responsibility. The woman in (b) bears responsibility. But the rapists should still hang.

c) A woman gets drunk or high around men, and willingly has sex with one or more of them. The next day...or the next month...she regrets it, or is angry one hasn't texted her. She files a rape report.

Questions:

1) What should happen to the man/men who she willingly had sex with but are now accused of rape?

2) What should happen to the woman?

None of these are far-out scenarios. They happen all the time, so please don't brush them off as unrealistic.

I do not brush them off. They do happen. When my beloved son was in college I warned him about the dangers for him.
A woman who lies and bears false witness ought to be prosecuted for committing a crime.
I do not deny that a person's behavior may contribute to a dangerous situation. I hold that a man is responsible to resist temptation. I further hold that it is necessary for young women to be careful in the message they may be projecting. Young people are attracted to each other. That is normal. But for men or women to simply use one another for sexual gratification is, to my mind, immoral. It is especially immoral if force or coercion is employed as well as deliberate seduction by males or females.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
He's on ignore ... as anyone who uses the word *deserves* in regards to rape victims should be.

See this posting.

Did you even read the entire posting to which you responded?

At any rate, I think that you are arguing from a misunderstanding of OkDozer's use of the word "deserves." He does not, so far as I can tell, mean by this that it is ever just or good to rape someone. :idunno:

I am not speaking of consensual sex. That should clear things up.

Granted. The question is "what counts as consensual?" To mind, the woman in the case cited above, for all intents and purposes, consented. Liberal feminists will disagree.

bybee

Or how honest, how about posting it here for all to see? Im not ashamed of what i say. You should be though, because yours is dishonest.

You are making a rash judgment of me.
I am not ashamed of what I post.
I rarely am dishonest.
And what you have sent in private stays private.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You are making a rash judgment of me.
I am not ashamed of what I post.
I rarely am dishonest.
And what you have sent in private stays private.

This happens to be one of your more rare times then, i guess. You should be ashamed of bearing false witness - you agree it should be a crime, yet you partake of it, so drink it down.

As to the last line there - it stopped being private the moment you commented on it publically, you thought you could shame me, i dont say anything in a rep comment that i wouldn't say right out.

Tell me how me commenting on your harpie coven post as saying "i am shocked" considering how you didnt like it when eeset used it against you and others and now you use it?

Tell me what is so childish about my comments bybee of being shocked at you. You doing it (using coven and harpies) is what was childish and hypocritical, since you called eeset down for it before.

You are sucking down a bitter pill, sister, perhaps you should step back and pray a little before you continue down that path. You are also trying to blame others for what you are doing.

You didnt post my comment with your rant, because you know full well i said nothing childish, but called you on your bad behavior which others would be well aware had you posted it - if it were to have been childish, it would have been right out there wouldnt it.

musterion

I do not brush them off. They do happen. When my beloved son was in college I warned him about the dangers for him.
A woman who lies and bears false witness ought to be prosecuted for committing a crime.

Thank you, agreed.

I do not deny that a person's behavior may contribute to a dangerous situation.

Thank you again.

I hold that a man is responsible to resist temptation. I further hold that it is necessary for young women to be careful in the message they may be projecting.

A third thank you.

Young people are attracted to each other. That is normal. But for men or women to simply use one another for sexual gratification is, to my mind, immoral.

Yep.

It is especially immoral if force or coercion is employed as well as deliberate seduction by males or females.

Once again, agreed.

So where exactly are you and I disagreeing on this topic?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I completely agree.

That's something that has been starting to happen, though only after men getting the 'guilty until proven innocent' treatment.

We've progressed, at least, to a point where if it can be proven that the accusation was a lie than the woman will go to jail.

What still needs to change however is the 'guilty until innocent' thing- men are pretty much badgered from beginning to the end, where the case is often dismissed with prejudice if they manage to escape it.

It's like 'legal assault' really. Or defamation. That's a whole lot for someone to go through just on base accusation- something that doesn't exist for virtually any other crime.

musterion

At any rate, I think that you are arguing from a misunderstanding of OkDozer's use of the word "deserves." He does not, so far as I can tell, mean by this that it is ever just or good to rape someone.

I never got that either. If I had, I'd never have defended him. In any event, I asked him point blank if that's what he thought, and he denied it. Some apparently refuse to believe him. :idunno:

musterion

That's something that has been starting to happen, though only after men getting the 'guilty until proven innocent' treatment.

We've progressed, at least, to a point where if it can be proven that the accusation was a lie than the woman will go to jail.

What still needs to change however is the 'guilty until innocent' thing- men are pretty much badgered from beginning to the end, where the case is often dismissed with prejudice if they manage to escape it.

It's like 'legal assault' really. Or harassment. That's a whole lot for someone to go through just on base accusation- something that doesn't exist for virtually any other crime.

True. Even the accusation, though proven false, can destroy a man's reputation forever, and there's nowhere he can go to get it back.

bybee

Thank you, agreed.

Thank you again.

A third thank you.

Yep.

Once again, agreed.

So where exactly are you and I disagreeing on this topic?

I think I have generally not taken issue with your words? This topic has dragged on so long I may have forgotten? Often, I feel that I am talking past another. It is not so much agreeing or disagreeing as not connecting?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Except he never said or implied that. Hes always maintained the rapist is 100 percent guilty of what HE did and should be punished to the full extent of the law.

Its not either/or, its been pretended to be that way.

It is a direct consequence of his position. He fails to understand his own position. See the second paragraph of my original post to understand what it means for a person to deserve to be raped.

Status
Not open for further replies.