Anybody know much about Islam?

Krsto

All muslims accept Christianity of Jesus but not man-God faith or trinity.

From what I can tell not all Muslims accept the words of Jesus in the Gospels to be reliable and very few imams teach about the life and teaching of Christ from those Gospels. Do you think that's an accurate assessment?

journey

From what I can tell not all Muslims accept the words of Jesus in the Gospels to be reliable and very few imams teach about the life and teaching of Christ from those Gospels. Do you think that's an accurate assessment?

I wouldn't expect Muslims to accept much from God's Word - the Holy Bible. I know they don't accept the Gospel of the Grace of God.

egyptianmuslim

If you are talking about the Gospels, you are true because ,as example, story of birth of Jesus is different than of Quran , Jesus was not the man who was crucified. Ie we don't accept all in the Gospels but part that don't contradict with Quran.
But the original faith of Jesus and his followers is Islam

6days

egyptianmuslim said:
rds of God in Bible is not corrupted but there are some differences in stories of Quran and Bible but not related to our faith, for instance Bible says that God's messengers to Abraham did eat his food but Quran says that Abraham gave him the food but they didn't eat it because they are angels not human to eat

Quran 5:46
Translation
And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel, in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous

Actually my friend, there is major differences that directly contradict each other. These differences lead to *different faiths.... and different eternities.*

For example in the Torah, we see that death, pain and suffering is the result of mans sin. God required the shedding of blood to atone for mans sin. A pure unblemished sinless lamb was slain to provide a temporary measure of righteousness. In the gospels we see that Jesus offers Himself...and His blood so that we can obtain His righteousness. Jesus becomes the mediator between a Holy God, and us sinful humans.*

If we think we can earn salvation through our own efforts, insted of what Jesus did... the Bible tells us that our efforts are seen as filthy rags. Jesus tells us "I and the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the father but by me"

egyptianmuslim

Actually my friend, there is major differences that directly contradict each other. These differences lead to *different faiths.... and different eternities.*

For example in the Torah, we see that death, pain and suffering is the result of mans sin. God required the shedding of blood to atone for mans sin. A pure unblemished sinless lamb was slain to provide a temporary measure of righteousness. In the gospels we see that Jesus offers Himself...and His blood so that we can obtain His righteousness. Jesus becomes the mediator between a Holy God, and us sinful humans.*

If we think we can earn salvation through our own efforts, insted of what Jesus did... the Bible tells us that our efforts are seen as filthy rags. Jesus tells us "I and the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh unto the father but by me"
Yes Jesus is the way, his method is the way to fight Satan, his method is the way to God , Jesus didnt tell his people to worship him but to worship God.

brewmama

Yes Jesus is the way, his method is the way to fight Satan, his method is the way to God , Jesus didnt tell his people to worship him but to worship God.

What do you suppose these verses mean?

"30 Saying, Go ye into the village over against you; in the which at your entering ye shall find a colt tied, whereon yet never man sat: loose him, and bring him hither.31 And if any man ask you, Why do ye loose him? thus shall ye say unto him, Because the Lord hath need of him.

38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.
39 And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.
40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."

[h=1]Luke 19:28-44[/h]

egyptianmuslim

What do you suppose these verses mean?

"30 Saying, Go ye into the village over against you; in the which at your entering ye shall find a colt tied, whereon yet never man sat: loose him, and bring him hither.31 And if any man ask you, Why do ye loose him? thus shall ye say unto him, Because the Lord hath need of him.

38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.
39 And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.
40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out."

[h=1]Luke 19:28-44[/h]
It says Luke 19:38
I respect Jesus I love him I do his word to fight satan

egyptianmuslim

I didn't say I put him there, I said God put him there. He rejected reconciliation, as you do.
The main work of Muhammed is against arabic idolaters he converted them from worship idols to worship God the One and he destroyed all their idols.
Is it a good work or not??

egyptianmuslim

Any body know much about Islam??

A, Islam is the only religion of God , any who is submissive to God only and make no partner to Him is a Muslim. God sent all His messengers for this purpose

Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the worlds.
[Quran 6 : 162 ]

egyptianmuslim

Any body know much about Islam??

A, Islam is the only religion of God , any who is submissive to God only and make no partner to Him is a Muslim. God sent all His messengers for this purpose

Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the worlds.
[Quran 6 : 162 ]
Indeed, We have sent you, [O Muhammad], with the truth as a bringer of good tidings and a warner, and you will not be asked about the companions
of Hellfire.
[Quran 2 : 119 ]

We had certainly sent Noah to his people, and he said, "O my people, worship Allah; you have no deity other than Him. Indeed, I fear for you the punishment of a tremendous Day.
[Quran 7 : 59 ]

And We certainly sent Moses with Our signs, [saying], "Bring out your people from darknesses into the light and remind them of the days of Allah." Indeed in that are signs for everyone patient and grateful.
[Quran 14 : 5 ]

And We sent not before you any messenger except that We revealed to him that, "There is no deity except Me, so worship Me."
[Quran 21 : 25 ]

And We had certainly sent Noah to his people, and he said, "O my people, worship Allah; you have no deity other than Him; then will you not fear Him?"
[Quran 23 : 23 ]

And We sent among them a messenger from themselves, [saying], "Worship Allah; you have no deity other than Him; then will you not fear Him?"
[Quran 23 : 32 ]

And We had certainly sent to Thamud their brother Salih, [saying], "Worship Allah," and at once they were two parties conflicting.
[Quran 27 : 45 ]

And ask those We sent before you of Our messengers; have We made besides the Most Merciful deities to be worshipped?
[Quran 43 : 45 ]

They have certainly disbelieved who say, "Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers.
[Quran 5 : 72 ]

,Jesus / I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness.
[Quran 5 : 117 ]

And to the 'Aad [We sent] their brother Hud. He said, "O my people, worship Allah; you have no deity other than Him. Then will you not fear Him?"
[Quran 7 : 65 ]

And to [the people of] Madyan [We sent] their brother Shu'ayb. He said, "O my people, worship Allah; you have no deity other than Him. There has come to you clear evidence from your Lord. So fulfill the measure and weight and do not deprive people of their due and cause not corruption upon the earth after its reformation. That is better for you, if you should be believers.
[Quran 7 : 85 ]

And We certainly sent into every nation a messenger, [saying], "Worship Allah and avoid Taghut." And among them were those whom Allah guided, and among them were those upon whom error was [deservedly] decreed. So proceed through the earth and observe how was the end of the deniers.
[Quran 16 : 36 ]

And We sent not before you any messenger except that We revealed to him that, "There is no deity except Me, so worship Me."
[Quran 21 : 25 ]

And [We sent] Abraham, when he said to his people, "Worship Allah and fear Him. That is best for you, if you should know. You only worship, besides Allah, idols, and you produce a falsehood. Indeed, those you worship besides Allah do not possess for you [the power of] provision. So seek from Allah provision and worship Him and be grateful to Him. To Him you will be returned."
[Quran 29 : 17 ]
[Quran 29 : 16 ]

Indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. This is a straight path."
[Quran 43 : 64 ]