Any Other Former Addicts on TOL?

Daniel1611

Just wondering if there are any other addicts here. I'm not hiding the fact that I'm a former addict. I believe it is a testimony to the love and power of the Lord that I have come so far.

I'm a former opiate addict. I have been off opiates for over a year. I was in suboxone treatment for about a year and I have been done with treatment for the last 2 months. Anyone else with any success stories? With the help of God I will stay on the right path.

bybee

Just wondering if there are any other addicts here. I'm not hiding the fact that I'm a former addict. I believe it is a testimony to the love and power of the Lord that I have come so far.

I'm a former opiate addict. I have been off opiates for over a year. I was in suboxone treatment for about a year and I have been done with treatment for the last 2 months. Anyone else with any success stories? With the help of God I will stay on the right path.

I conquered cigarettes and slot machines. Good for you! You have accomplished one of life's most important lessons, the conquering of self.
You will continue on the right path. I wish you many blessings.

Daniel1611

I conquered cigarettes and slot machines. Good for you! You have accomplished one of life's most important lessons, the conquering of self.
You will continue on the right path. I wish you many blessings.

Awesome. It's so freeing to not be held down by an addiction. Praise the Lord.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

God bless you Daniel . . . and may God receive much glory from your confession.

Every single one of us here at TOL are addicts in some degree or another, but yours was extreme and I praise God Almighty for giving you the extreme (amazing) grace to repent from such bondage.

Daniel1611

God bless you Daniel . . . and may God receive much glory from your confession.

Every single one of us here at TOL are addicts in some degree or another, but yours was extreme and I praise God Almighty for giving you the extreme (amazing) grace to repent from such bondage.

Thank you. Praise the Lord.

Jedidiah

Just wondering if there are any other addicts here.
Yes. This guy.
I'm not hiding the fact that I'm a former addict. I believe it is a testimony to the love and power of the Lord that I have come so far.

I'm a former opiate addict.
That's pretty serious stuff man. Scary serious. It brings out the animal in you, you find a will within you you never knew existed and when you tap into that will, that deep will -- he tends to take over and you just have to sit down and shut up. And watch. You've not ever making choices anymore, choices are being made for you.
I have been off opiates for over a year.
That's pretty awesome man.
I was in suboxone treatment for about a year and I have been done with treatment for the last 2 months. Anyone else with any success stories? With the help of God I will stay on the right path.
:thumb:

Daniel1611

It's not always easy to keep going the right way, but if the Lord be for you, then who can be against you? Thank God I'm not saved BECAUSE I kicked a habit. Thank God I'm saved because I believe on Jesus Christ. But because I'm saved, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

allblack

BANNED
Banned

Opiates also. 20+ years clean from addiction. Back when I was 26 I had an inguinal hernia. At the time I worked in MIS/IT, played sax and sang in a band. I had to take several months between diagnosis and surgery in order to make a long enough slot of time for recovery. In doing this, I was prescribed opiates to manage pain. After the surgery I was left with an addiction to opiates. It went down hill quickly after surgery until I realized I could not live my entire life that way. At 29 (Dec 31, 1993) I went into a rehab and began working a 12 step program. Fortunately, and with the help of a substance abuse counselor, I had weened myself down on my own so I did not need detox.

Last edited:

JosephR

Opiates also. 20 years clean from addiction. Back when I was 25 I had an inguinal hernia. At the time I worked, played sax and sang in a band. I had to take several months after diagnosis to surgery in order to make a long enough slot of time for recovery. In doing this, I was prescribed opiates to manage pain. After the surgery I was left with an addiction to opiates. It went down hill quickly after surgery until I realized I could not live my entire life that way.

lots of people,including my father, did not make it, I am glad you did.

prescribed medicine has killed alot of people. pain pills usually.....they treat the affect,not cause and leave ppl addicted,chemically. To a drug that will kill,and givin no support or knowledge of the long term affects...

allblack

BANNED
Banned
It's not always easy to keep going the right way, but if the Lord be for you, then who can be against you? Thank God I'm not saved BECAUSE I kicked a habit. Thank God I'm saved because I believe on Jesus Christ. But because I'm saved, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Can you levitate?

PureX

I was an active alcoholic from my early teens until I was 35 years old, when finally surrendered to recovery. I had been raised Catholic but never understood nor believed in the love, forgiveness, or salvation of Christ until I experienced it for myself, through the people of Alcoholics Anonymous (minus the religion, AA is not a religious organization). I have been sober since Jan. 23rd, 1993. And not a day goes by that I am not truly and sincerely grateful to God, to AA, and to the reality of Christ within us for my sobriety.

I'm truly pleased to hear of your recovery because I know the living hell that addiction becomes when we can't break free of it. God speed, fellow addict.