"And You Are Complete in Him" (Jesus Christ) Colossians 2:10

daqq

I will listen to any man that teaches justification by faith. To be justified by faith means that we are justified by Christ, which is the Gospel. Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. I will listen to any man that teaches Jesus victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15 and now sits at the right hand of God as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. I guess that is why I don't listen to you.

Lol, you prove that you have no clue what I believe or why I even converse, debate, discourse, and discuss things here. I've never denied any of those truths but you, like most, do not know how to arrive IN those things the way God has written and shown you that He desires it to come to pass according to His Word. And that is because you are too full of pride and yourself to listen to anyone else who disagrees with you even though they may be quoting scripture all the time. You speak of those things which you claim for yourself out book and head knowledge but really have no clue what they concern because you have never actually experienced them in your own walk. Surely you will not understand until you die; and surely you will not know grace until you have been trapped in hell for a time with no way out, then when you are delivered you will know it had absolutely nothing to do with you.

Last edited:

daqq

You teach people to reject Christ and the gospel and go back to the Torah and work your way to heaven. You're a sign post pointing in the wrong direction.

Another lie. I quote the words of the Messiah all the time and you and yours reject those words because you have invented your own private false gospel based in misinterpretations and misunderstandings of Paul. You will never understand Paul until you believe what he says when he says that he teaches the commandments of the Messiah. That means that you must first understand the teachings of the Messiah in the Gospel accounts before you can even hope to understand Paul. You have ignored the warning from Peter not to twist the writings of Paul to your own destruction: and now you are bearing the fruits of the rewards of your own doings. Surely this iniquity shall not be purged from you until you die, (Isa 22:14). :chuckle:

marhig

Why are you moving your goal posts? You are being exposed, tread lightly. You said;

I know because Paul tells us, and I showed you. When you acknowledge this and offer a counter point of some sort, such as saying Paul is false, just let me know.

I'll explain salvation if you don't understand as soon as you say "Oh, I see". Other choices are as stated, you don't believe Paul, or you did know and wanted to conceal it.
Don't believe Paul? Of course I believe Paul, he's a strong man of God! I was only wondering how you know you are sealed by the Spirit, so far you've quoted the Bible, but I'm talking of your own experience?

Many say they are born of God, many quote the Bible, but how do they know? How do they know they are sealed by the Spirit? We should be experiencing the things that happened to those in the Bible in our own lives once we belong to God.

And it's not just because of what Paul tells us, or that it's written in the Bible, once we are born of God, the Spirit brings us from death to life, and our lives should be changed.

And with that comes the power of the Holy Spirit, and he seals our hearts, he closes the door so that Satan can't get in, and we are covered by the blood of Christ as his life grows within our hearts, sealing our hearts from the world and lusts of the flesh, we'll still be tempted, but as long as we keep our faith and walk in the Spirit, living by the will of God. Satan can't get in, because those born of God are sealed by the Spirit. This world should mean nothing to us, and I mean the lusts of it, not the natural beauty of the things God has created. I mean the works and lusts of it and the building up in it. As once we are sealed by the Spirit, we belong to God. And the only way that we fall away, is if we begin to lust after the flesh again. Jesus said of his apostles, that they were not of this world, as he wasn't of the world. Nor should we be once we are born of God.

When a submarine goes into the sea, the sea can't get in because it is sealed. And that's what it's like for those sealed by the Spirit, they are in the world, but not of the world. And the destroyer can't get in, just like in Exodus, because the blood of Christ is on the doorposts of our hearts, and I don't mean the crucifixion, but his life, his life in and through us, and we are strengthened by the Spirit of truth and life. And he that is in those born of God, is stronger than he that is in the world, and God won't let him touch them, he can't touch their heart or the life within, they are sealed by the Spirit. Unless they turn back and turn away from God again to lust after the flesh and this world, and like in Romans 1, he will turn them over their reprobate minds and they will be sealed no longer, because after knowing God, they have lusted after the flesh again after being saved from this world of sin and death, they turn back, foolishly looking to the world, lusting after it instead of trusting in God. They let the filth of the flesh back in.

So how do we know that we are sealed by the Spirit? Because those who are, are overcoming this world of flesh and sin, this world will mean nothing to them, and God will come first in their lives and Christ will be their rock, and they will be a living stone built upon the cornerstone, and his life will be in them and seen through them. And they will be living as Jesus taught them to, obeying God, living by his will, and they will continue in Gods goodness. Truly alive walking in the light, away from the death and darkness of this untoward world of sin!

So it's not just quoting what Paul, Peter or anyone else in the Bible said, it's a life experience, and the life in that is in those prophets, apostle's and disciples in the Bible, should be in those born of God too!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't believe Paul? Of course I believe Paul, he's a strong man of God! I was only wondering how you know you are sealed by the Spirit, so far you've quoted the Bible, but I'm talking of your own experience?

There is not a magic moment, although I do see some things differently since believing Paul's good news. I have the mind of Christ and am indwelt. There is no power over the dead flesh, it is by testimony and belief, I am saved. Peter, corroborated Paul's testimony after Acts 10, because of the obvious changes.

Many say they are born of God, many quote the Bible

That is proof they are outside of Christ, or maybe they are, you just have to dig a little deeper. Those born in the Spirit, regenerated body that John 3:8, do not covet.

We should be experiencing the things that happened to those in the Bible in our own lives once we belong to God.

Incorrect.

and our lives should be changed.

No, the old man is done away with. Christianity is not a changed life, it is an exchanged life.

I notice you ignored Romans 5. Now I know where you are, even when you tried to hide it.

Back to the instant process of salvation again.

Romans 10

9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

And since I believe you are a worker bee, I will post it again.

Romans 5

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

marhig

There is not a magic moment, although I do see some things differently since believing Paul's good news. I have the mind of Christ and am indwelt. There is no power over the dead flesh, it is by testimony and belief, I am saved. Peter, corroborated Paul's testimony after Acts 10, because of the obvious changes.

That is proof they are outside of Christ, or maybe they are, you just have to dig a little deeper. Those born in the Spirit, regenerated body that John 3:8, do not covet.

Incorrect.

No, the old man is done away with. Christianity is not a changed life, it is an exchanged life.

I notice you ignored Romans 5. Now I know where you are, even when you tried to hide it.

Back to the instant process of salvation again.

Romans 10

9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

And since I believe you are a worker bee, I will post it again.

Romans 5

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.
If you are being saved, then you should be overcoming the lusts of the flesh by the power of the Spirit.

And of course we should be experiencing the same things as those who are in the Bible, we are to partake in the sufferings of Christ, thus we walk the walk, as those in the past, who belonged to God have done in their lives.

Not a changed life? Of course our lives are changed. Do you still live the same as you did before you knew God?

Worker bee? I only live out the works that God is doing in my heart, without God and Christ we are lost and I can't do anything without them!

Romans 5

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

If a mother and father live a sinful life, this is then passed to the child, this is what Adam did he passed on sin. But Christ Jesus brought life and and giving freely the gift of the Holy Spirit, speaking the word of truth, bringing life by the word of God, to all who believes in him.

Because of Adams disobedience sin entered into the world and those of the world followed him. But because of the obedience of Jesus Christ, many shall be made righteous through him, those who believe in him, and follow him and live by his teachings and commandments. His words are Spirit and they are life.

We are made righteous through Jesus, not by Jesus doing it all for us. We too are to become a living sacrifice, lay down our lives, and live by the will of God!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you are being saved, then you should be overcoming the lusts of the flesh by the power of the Spirit.

Incorrect. The body is dead because of sin. You should do right because it is right. You are a false worker bee that judges on sight, and does not judge with righteous judgment.

Robert Pate

Banned
Lol, you prove that you have no clue what I believe or why I even converse, debate, discourse, and discuss things here. I've never denied any of those truths but you, like most, do not know how to arrive IN those things the way God has written and shown you that He desires it to come to pass according to His Word. And that is because you are too full of pride and yourself to listen to anyone else who disagrees with you even though they may be quoting scripture all the time. You speak of those things which you claim for yourself out book and head knowledge but really have no clue what they concern because you have never actually experienced them in your own walk. Surely you will not understand until you die; and surely you will not know grace until you have been trapped in hell for a time with no way out, then when you are delivered you will know it had absolutely nothing to do with you.

I did have something to do with it, I believed it and have been justified by faith.

marhig

Incorrect. The body is dead because of sin. You should do right because it is right. You are a false worker bee that judges on sight, and does not judge with righteous judgment.
If we're not starting to overcome the lusts of our flesh, then we're not truly born of God!

Those born of God, turn from sin!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am in Christ. My dry bones are not resurrected. Why do you keep referring to the circumcision? In your self righteous way, the Lord Jesus Christ died for nothing. Like AndyC, you will claim your body no longer is corrupt.

Unlike you, I don't sin. And it has nothing to do with my behavior.

Romans 6

11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 7

15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.

2 things. Paul is showing that your body can not be righteous. He shows us that the law proves your guilt. I suspect you cannot admit it. You are one of those "occasional slip ups" kind of person, who will recrucify the Lord, hoping to put him to shame again. Well guess what, under the bondage of circumcision that you are under, it is impossible to come to repentance a second time.

Hebrews 6

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

I am in Christ. My dry bones are not resurrected. Why do you keep referring to the circumcision? In your self righteous way, the Lord Jesus Christ died for nothing. Like AndyC, you will claim your body no longer is corrupt.

Romans 6

11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 7

15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.

2 things. Paul is showing that your body can not be righteous. He shows us that the law proves your guilt. I suspect you cannot admit it. You are one of those "occasional slip ups" kind of person, who will recrucify the Lord, hoping to put him to shame again. Well guess what, under the bondage of circumcision that you are under, it is impossible to come to repentance a second time.

Hebrews 6

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

What do you make of the circumcision of the heart/ spirit, and baptism?

Circumcision has nothing to do with the flesh and all to do with the spirit.

What do you think St. Paul meant when he said he was a prisoner of Christ to this day?

Just wondering. Not attacking or accusing or judging.

peace

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you make of the circumcision of the heart/ spirit, and baptism?

Those are all different things. Pick one. When I referred to the circumcision, I am referring to people.

Circumcision has nothing to do with the flesh and all to do with the spirit.

Wildly incorrect. God moved to kill Moses for failing to circumcise his son on the 8th day. You seem lost, like a Bible blender.

What do you think St. Paul meant when he said he was a prisoner of Christ to this day?

Same thing Saint Nick (me) said. My life is hid in Christ. I am a slave to righteousness.

popsthebuilder

Those are all different things. Pick one. When I referred to the circumcision, I am referring to people.

Wildly incorrect. God moved to kill Moses for failing to circumcise his son on the 8th day. You seem lost, like a Bible blender.

Same thing Saint Nick (me) said. My life is hid in Christ. I am a slave to righteousness.
So you think you are a perfect saint and that circumcision is of the physical body.

Job: 9. 20. If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse.

Deuteronomy: 10. 16. Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Deuteronomy: 30. 6. And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Jeremiah: 4. 4. Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.
Acts: 7. 51. Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Romans: 2. 28. For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29. But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

(you are right; someone is definitely confused or "lost"as you said)

peace

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you think you are a perfect saint and that circumcision is of the physical body.

Not because of what I have done. When you get over this point, I will help you with the rest. Those in Christ are without sin. It has nothing to do with our behavior or actions. I am dead to sin. I cannot break a law that I am not under. All things are lawful for me.

The "Old Testament" foreshadows the Lord Jesus Christ. See how easy it was to state what you typed?

Romans 6

3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?... 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

18 And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

By the way, that is OSAS.

19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh.

Paul keeps it simple, as the gospel is simple. The body is dead because of sin, but I am alive because of the Spirit, not because of me.

And stop presenting yourself as being in sin if you are not.

13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.

popsthebuilder

Not because of what I have done. When you get over this point, I will help you with the rest. Those in Christ are without sin. It has nothing to do with our behavior or actions. I am dead to sin. I cannot break a law that I am not under. All things are lawful for me.

The "Old Testament" foreshadows the Lord Jesus Christ. See how easy it was to state what you typed?

Romans 6

3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?... 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Paul keeps it simple, as the gospel is simple. The body is dead because of sin, but I am alive because of the Spirit, not because of me.

13 And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God.
Haha.... As if we are taught to "present" as if sinless, all while being saturated there in.

That is called deception.

Do you admit circumcision is of the spirit and heart?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you admit circumcision is of the spirit and heart?

There is circumcision of the heart. That is not my comment. My comment is on the Israelites, and their perpetual covenant. I notice you have nothing to say about the scripture.

popsthebuilder

There is circumcision of the heart. That is not my comment. My comment is on the Israelites, and their perpetual covenant. I notice you have nothing to say about the scripture.
Are you kidding?

Like I said; the scripture speaks of being made pure by serving the will of GOD, by the Way that was shone by the firstfruit and the husbandman/ the Spirit of GOD.

read the scripture you posted; even out of context if you so choose. But do it with actual unbiased consideration and comprehension.

If you are dead to sin then there is no body to do sin. If you aren't a slave to sin then sin will not reign in your mortal limbs and mind and heart. These aren't careful deceptive plays on words that you have happened across in the bible; they are simple truthful spiritual statements for the actual believer; not those who do for show or reward or out of fear, but because their own will has been replaced with the deepest desire to be guided by and follow the will of GOD.

If you want, I can go over the scripture with you. I would be happy to. I don't doubt you could teach me things I am unaware of.

peace

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

Romans 6

Was Christ humble and Did GOD take the form of mere man, or did Jesus openly and loudly proclaim His own perfection, and not the work and will of GOD(Father)?

Robert Pate

Banned

Romans 6

Romans 7

Hebrews 6

Well done Nick. You are one of the few on the Forum that understands the Gospel and justification by faith.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was Christ humble and Did GOD take the form of mere man, or did Jesus openly and loudly proclaim His own perfection, and not the work and will of GOD(Father)?

That is kind of a stupid question. So I will pass. And it doesn't prove any point, other than the one I made about my exchanged life. The Lord Jesus Christ offered himself before the Father, on my behalf, and the Father accepted. When the Father sees me, only sees his perfect, Holy, righteous, Son.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is kind of a stupid question. So I will pass. And it doesn't prove any point, other than the one I made about my exchanged life. The Lord Jesus Christ offered himself before the Father, on my behalf, and the Father accepted. When the Father sees me, only sees his perfect, Holy, righteous, Son.
Excellent way to put it.