"And You Are Complete in Him" (Jesus Christ) Colossians 2:10

daqq

Sounds more like a Brinsmead RELIGION.
I wonder how many denominations there are so far?

Brinsmead did not belong to a denomination or a religion.

I can remember reading copies of 'present truth' back in the 80's that were beside news paper vending machines in shopping centers. There were always good articles in there. The gospel was just a mysterious unknown to me back then.

Wow, this is great stuff, you can't make up things like this:

Robert Daniel "Bob" Brinsmead[1][2] (born 9 August 1933, in Victoria, Australia) is a formerly controversial figure within the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the 1960s and 1970s who is known for his diverse theological journey.

During the 1960s Brinsmead advocated a form of perfectionism which he described as the "[Sanctuary] Awakening" message, which emphasised a view of Last Generation Theology similar to that of the conservative wing known as "historic Adventism". During the 1970s after examining the controversies of the Protestant Reformation and the writings of Adventist church co-founder and author Ellen G. White, he abandoned this position and went back to the 16th-century Protestant principle of justification by faith alone. His representation of justification by grace through faith alone was substantially from the writings and thinking of Martin Luther. He founded the magazine Present Truth, whose name was later changed to Verdict.

In the late 1970s, he again underwent another theological shift and changed his focus from a call to return to Reformation principles to that of systematically questioning and discarding many of the doctrines he had held. A side effect of this activity was the commissioning of an independent study and report on the basis for Christian beliefs on final punishment or hell by Edward Fudge. Brinsmead's Verdict Publications published the first edition of the resulting book The Fire That Consumes subtitled A Biblical and Historical Study of Final Punishment. The book became a major catalyst in the broader Christian evangelical world for a growing acceptance of annihilationism.

In the early 1980s Brinsmead's theology shifted to liberal Christianity, and he now rejected the Adventist belief in the Sabbath. He abandoned his belief in many orthodox Christian teachings, including justification through faith in Christ and the divinity of Christ, seeing God's interaction with mankind as not being limited to just the history of the Bible, but as an ongoing and continuous interaction with humanity towards a positive future.

In the 1990s he turned from his theological focus, and shifted his attention to politics and his tropical fruit theme park, Tropical Fruit World.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Brinsmead

It's like a fantastic voyage including the entire cornucopia of the various fruits and flavors of RELIGION that ends with Brinsmead dumping it all, getting into politics, and opening up a tropical fruit theme park called Tropical Fruit World. :chuckle:

"Welcome to Tropical Fruit World, a world without religion, vote for me!"

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Wow, this is great stuff, you can't make up things like this:

It's like a fantastic voyage including the entire cornucopia of the various fruits and flavors of RELIGION that ends with Brinsmead dumping it all, getting into politics, and opening up a tropical fruit theme park called Tropical Fruit World. :chuckle:

"Welcome to Tropical Fruit World, a world without religion, vote for me!"

Brinsmeads focus was always the Gospel and justification by faith. He is and always was an enemy of religion. He always was in the exotic fruit business and used his own money to publish his magazine called "Verdict". Don't believe everything that you read about him on the internet.

daqq

Brinsmeads focus was always the Gospel and justification by faith. He is and always was an enemy of religion. He always was in the exotic fruit business and used his own money to publish his magazine called "Verdict". Don't believe everything that you read about him on the internet.

"Welcome to Tropical Fruit World" . . . :chuckle:

Epoisses

I can remember reading copies of 'present truth' back in the 80's that were beside news paper vending machines in shopping centers. There were always good articles in there. The gospel was just a mysterious unknown to me back then.

daqq

Welcome to 'Torah for Gentiles' brought to you by Daqq - cutoff from grace ... help me Jesus, help me!

Ahah, so you also are a fruity Brinsmead follower, eh?
"Welcome to Tropical Fruit World" . . . :chuckle:

daqq

I wasn't even a believing Christian back then. I just remember that magazine because it was free and I always liked free stuff.

:rotfl:

All of the sudden you want to talk seriously to me now?
Awe . . . what's wrong, Dr. Fruitcake doesn't like the taste of his own medicine?
Perhaps you should not be mixing witches brew then, eh fruit fly?

daqq

If you tried to eat some of Brinsmead's fruit you would gag on it. It is full of truth and not the rotten stuff that you are use to.

I can tell already by your analogy what kind of fruit it must be; for even your analogy controverts nature. People do not typically gag on wholesome and healthy food but rather on rotten and poisonous food. No doubt he must have taught you how to understand parables, allegories, and analogies, for the evidence of that fruit is splattered all over the forum walls in your manifold threads. So, yeah, you are probably right, I probably would gag on the fruit of Brimstone or whatever his name is; but I avoid eating any food which I already know to be poisonous. So thanks, but no thanks, I have already heard enough from Wiki. My advice would be to labor for the food which the Son of Man will give you, that is the Word, the Word which the Father has sealed and approved as holy and spiritual food containing Life, (cf. John 6:27). :)

Robert Pate

Banned
I can tell already by your analogy what kind of fruit it must be; for even your analogy controverts nature. People do not typically gag on wholesome and healthy food but rather on rotten and poisonous food. No doubt he must have taught you how to understand parables, allegories, and analogies, for the evidence of that fruit is splattered all over the forum walls in your manifold threads. So, yeah, you are probably right, I probably would gag on the fruit of Brimstone or whatever his name is; but I avoid eating any food which I already know to be poisonous. So thanks, but no thanks, I have already heard enough from Wiki. My advice would be to labor for the food which the Son of Man will give you, that is the Word, the Word which the Father has sealed and approved as holy and spiritual food containing Life, (cf. John 6:27). :)

I will listen to any man that teaches justification by faith. To be justified by faith means that we are justified by Christ, which is the Gospel. Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. I will listen to any man that teaches Jesus victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil, Colossians 2:15 and now sits at the right hand of God as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. I guess that is why I don't listen to you.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How do you know that you are sealed by the Holy Spirit? Thanks

Sure. Salvation, moving from death to life, is an instantaneous event, brought on by no work of mine. The free gift of life is for all by one man's work.

Ephesians 1

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Romans 1

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

Any questions?

marhig

Sure. Salvation, moving from death to life, is an instantaneous event, brought on by no work of mine. The free gift of life is for all by one man's work.

Ephesians 1

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Romans 1

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

Any questions?
Yes, I'm still wondering what you see that being sealed means? Sealed in what way? thanks.

Epoisses

You teach justification by doing what is required. That is law !

You teach hyper-Calvinism which your own church rejects. You deny personal responsibility and present a warped and skewed gospel. Today Calvinist churches ordain homosexuals which is the fruit of this heresy. Homosexuality is a sin, did you know that?

Epoisses

You teach people to reject Christ and the gospel and go back to the Torah and work your way to heaven. You're a sign post pointing in the wrong direction.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, I'm still wondering what you see that being sealed means?

Why are you moving your goal posts? You are being exposed, tread lightly. You said;

How do you know that you are sealed by the Holy Spirit? Thanks

I know because Paul tells us, and I showed you. When you acknowledge this and offer a counter point of some sort, such as saying Paul is false, just let me know.

I'll explain salvation if you don't understand as soon as you say "Oh, I see". Other choices are as stated, you don't believe Paul, or you did know and wanted to conceal it.