ECT AND WHAT HAPPENED TO THESE PEOPLE ??

Interplanner

I have NEVER said that OTHERS cannot benefit from it.

What is Judaism?

It that what the LORD GOD gave to Israel?

the Judaism that matters to NT background (Gal 1-2) is what they did after the return from Babylon. Most of the NT speaks to that.

I don't know what detail you think is 'made up'? I hope you don't think Christ's atonement is only for Jewish believers. It sounds like it.

Danoh

The two places where it is mentioned...one we know is Paul's (Col) and the other (Heb ) supports that when taken with all other things about Hebrews.

Hebrews is not just for Jewish Christians any more than the atonement is just for Jewish Christians. Rather it clarifies that not all Jewish people in the OT were believers, and that many, many things transfer over.

Who said anything about Hebrews being "just for Jewish Christians"?

You have yet to understand Mid-Acts' actual assertion on Hebrews.

But, a "one size fits all" lens, will tend to do that to a fella.

Nevertheless, Rom. 5:8

oatmeal

Heb 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Jesus Christ is the apostle and high priest of

a. the body of Christ

b. our profession (homologia, to say the same thing, to confess, to profess right doctrine)

He is the apostle and high priest of

a. whom

b. what

Interplanner

More WEASEL WORDS.

What is JUDAISM?

What Paul meant in Gal 1-2 as I said. The system of worship after the exile in a meager temple until just before Christ, then in an expensive huge structure by Pilate. It kept all the Levitical ceremony it could. It featured a literalist eschatology that thought Christ would come reign forever. It was aware that the whole country might collapse because of the 'rebellion that desolates' and the 490 years. But it hoped to outsmart that.

It's worship and legal system was as found in Mt 5 and in Hebrews.

Interplanner

:rotfl:

We ALL agree that CHRIST DIED FOR ALL.

So don't try to confuse what people are saying.

But it is you who confuse people by responding 'made up' when I said you said that Christ only atoned for Jews sins in the letter to Hebrews.

I have been waiting to find out what was made up? Try to be clear.

Right Divider

Body part
What Paul meant in Gal 1-2 as I said. The system of worship after the exile in a meager temple until just before Christ, then in an expensive huge structure by Pilate. It kept all the Levitical ceremony it could. It featured a literalist eschatology that thought Christ would come reign forever. It was aware that the whole country might collapse because of the 'rebellion that desolates' and the 490 years. But it hoped to outsmart that.

It's worship and legal system was as found in Mt 5 and in Hebrews.
Just fascinating.

So was it good or bad?

Was it the religion that God gave Israel or was it something else?

So has THIS prophecy been silently cancelled as well?

Zech 14:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:16) ¶ And it shall come to pass, [that] every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Right Divider

Body part
The two places where it is mentioned...one we know is Paul's (Col) and the other (Heb ) supports that when taken with all other things about Hebrews.

Hebrews is not just for Jewish Christians any more than the atonement is just for Jewish Christians. Rather it clarifies that not all Jewish people in the OT were believers, and that many, many things transfer over.
Made up.... are you happy now?

glorydaz

But it is you who confuse people by responding 'made up' when I said you said that Christ only atoned for Jews sins in the letter to Hebrews.

I have been waiting to find out what was made up? Try to be clear.

I don't even have to read it to know that what you said he said was wrong. It happens all the time. Someone misunderstands what someone says and then they claim they said what you thought they said, but they didn't. :chew:

And this is why you should quote what someone says instead of saying what you think they said.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Wrong again.

Why does Paul NEVER mention OUR priesthood?

There is a REASON..... We don't have one.

No, I did NOT. You are LYING again. I asked where PAUL tells US about OUR priesthood. The words PRIEST and PRIESTHOOD are CONSPICUOUSLY absent from ALL of Paul's epistles. That makes it GLARINGLY obvious that there is NO SUCH THING for the body of Christ.

It is HIGHLY unlikely that Paul wrote Hebrews. Hebrews is ALL about the HEBREWS and Paul is the apostle of the GENTILES.

http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?3512-Paul-did-not-write-Hebrews-we-do-not-know-who-did
Link isn't working for me...

Interplanner

Was Zech 14 about the ordinary Jerusalem, or about that which is described in Heb 11-13?

Do D'ists believe in a restored Judea and another operation of Judaism as a 'christian' thing? Like the film DOVID MEYER on 'Christian' TV promoting Hassidism?

Interplanner

GloryDaz,
I appreciate your comment, but surely if a doctrine is that vital to a person's core beliefs they can just restate it? OR they can just take a text and restate what they believe about that text? Since when was theology hostage to a person's ability to find exact statements on TOL or get pasting/copying to work properly?

Danoh

Was Zech 14 about the ordinary Jerusalem, or about that which is described in Heb 11-13?

Do D'ists believe in a restored Judea and another operation of Judaism as a 'christian' thing? Like the film DOVID MEYER on 'Christian' TV promoting Hassidism?

Zechariah 14 is about a restored, supernaturally empowered Jerusalem.

Matthew thru Early Acts had been a foretaste of said world to come.

Hebrews thru Revelation are the roadmap, tour guide, and owner's manual.

What Romans thru Philemon are to the Body.

Okay, break time - time for pizza.

Who's got the soft drinks?

:D