And Now For A Nice Thread About All Things Pleasant...

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I love this. Love the possibilities. :)

Here's one somewhat like that...
29014620695_f0f8a83bf3_c.jpg

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Mrs. Barbarian loves pandas. She collects all kinds of panda things, but she really likes the panda figurines made by Artisana Rinconada. They started out as two guys in a corner of their house in Paraguay (hence Rinconada). Today, they have a larger studio, with a number of people making them. They aren't molded; each one is by hand.

These are what they produce now:
48285586782_24dd7ee1ab_b.jpg

I happened to find someone selling the figurines they made back in the 1970s, and got several pandas for her:
48285585912_de7a6cf412_b.jpg

Not as sophisticated in design, but I like them just as much. Mrs. B was pleased.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
If you get a chance, go see the film "Yesterday." It's a funny and ultimately uplifting story about a struggling musician who has an accident during a mysterious worldwide power outage, and when he regains consciousness, he seems to be the only person on Earth who knows anything about the Beatles or their music. Google searches turn up nothing, no one knows a thing about them or any of their songs.

What happens after that is quite a story.

Well worth seeing.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
If you get a chance, go see the film "Yesterday." It's a funny and ultimately uplifting story about a struggling musician who has an accident during a mysterious worldwide power outage, and when he regains consciousness, he seems to be the only person on Earth who knows anything about the Beatles or their music. Google searches turn up nothing, no one knows a thing about them or any of their songs.

What happens after that is quite a story.

Well worth seeing.

I saw it this afternoon, based on your recommendation. I'm really glad I did. :)

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I love happy endings. :)

I hate it when that happens. Drones seemed like a fun idea. But it makes everyone crazy. Even if you register with FAA and follow all the rules, there's always some fool (often a public official) who thinks he knows the law better than you do, and wants you to do things manifestly unsafe or even illegal. Not worth the aggravation, far as I'm concerned.